JUNE 2008 Applicants

Old Oct 19th 2011, 4:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of
Default Re: JUNE 2008 Applicants

Originally Posted by alborz114
Just thought I would revive this thread with some good news.

We have just got our Visa Grant.

Woo Hoo!! Congratulations!!!

Great news! Enjoy your trip down under. Where are you planning to migrate to?
Old Oct 20th 2011, 7:11 am
Wherever I lay my hat...

alborz114 is just really nicealborz114 is just really nicealborz114 is just really nicealborz114 is just really nicealborz114 is just really nicealborz114 is just really nicealborz114 is just really nicealborz114 is just really nicealborz114 is just really nice

Originally Posted by tiger222
Woo Hoo!! Congratulations!!!

Great news! Enjoy your trip down under. Where are you planning to migrate to?
Thanks tiger.

I have a lot of family in Melbourne so I would like to go there if possible. Other than that, where there is a job for me really.
Old Mar 24th 2012, 4:13 am
BE Enthusiast

janjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nice

Originally Posted by alborz114
Thanks tiger.

I have a lot of family in Melbourne so I would like to go there if possible. Other than that, where there is a job for me really.
Well done to all the June apps ! we been in Aus 3 years already ! these days feel long ago !!
Old Mar 24th 2012, 8:17 am
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by janjanxx
Well done to all the June apps ! we been in Aus 3 years already ! these days feel long ago !!
Congratulations on 3 years! I can relate that the visa struggle seems like another lifetime ago
Old Mar 26th 2012, 10:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

melbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to all

Originally Posted by janjanxx
Yes, it certainly does! We've been here just over 3 years now and love it! It was hard when we went through it but it seems that it's even harder for people applying now, I am so glad it's not us again!

Hope everyone is enjoying life in Aus and good luck to those still planning the move for those who still haven't taken the leap yet!

Mel
Old Sep 26th 2012, 8:11 am
JAK
BE Enthusiast

JAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud of

I thought I would resurrect this thread for an update It's took some getting here but we are finally going! We were originally going to move to the Central Coast but earlier this year OH made the decision to move to Perth as there were more job opportunities there for him. He has even managed to get himself a job before we get there so that is making the move easier. What isn't making it easy though is having to say goodbye to family. We always knew that if we were going to make the move that we would have to do this at some time but now that it is here we are finding it difficult.

All our belongings are already on their way and last time I looked they were in the Med on their way to the Suez Canal (you can even track the ship the container is on ... the wonders of modern technology). Anyway our flights are booked, we have our tickets, we fly out of Heathrow on 7 October at 11.30 am on Singapore Airlines. We arrive in Perth on 8 October at 2.40 pm
Old Sep 26th 2012, 8:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

JAK -

I'm so excited for you! It's very painful saying goodbye to family and friends. It's an adjustment to life down under too. New school, new foods, new job, new people to meet....some of which fuels the longing for "old" friends and family. There are definitely benefits to this move.....or we wouldn't have done it. Enjoy each day. Look on the bright side. Enjoy the adventure. There's much to love about embracing your dream.

You've come a long way to get to Aus. Great that your DH has a job and your belongings will arrive when/shortly after you do. Happy landings.

Congratulations!!!

Catherine
Old Sep 26th 2012, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

Dann2000 is just really niceDann2000 is just really niceDann2000 is just really niceDann2000 is just really niceDann2000 is just really niceDann2000 is just really niceDann2000 is just really niceDann2000 is just really niceDann2000 is just really nice

Congratulations JAK

Hope your trip & settling in goes well.
Old Sep 27th 2012, 1:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

melbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to all

Looking forward to finally meeting you! Can't wait, just to let you know, the weather has been pretty wet and chilly lately but, we're forecast a wonderful weekend and even 34 on Monday! Yay, that's what Perth is all about! Warmth and beaches :-) Soooo glad you are finally making the move, hard? yes, worth it? Definitely!!!! :-)

Melbert !
Old Sep 27th 2012, 11:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by melbert
Looking forward to finally meeting you! Can't wait, just to let you know, the weather has been pretty wet and chilly lately but, we're forecast a wonderful weekend and even 34 on Monday! Yay, that's what Perth is all about! Warmth and beaches :-) Soooo glad you are finally making the move, hard? yes, worth it? Definitely!!!! :-)

Melbert !
What a wonderful welcome, Mel. I hope to make my way to Perth one day to meet you and JAK ....

Catherine
from the Central Coast NSW
Old Sep 28th 2012, 3:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Catherine, let us know when you are coming and we can have an expats reunion with all the others from here too!!

Mel
Old Sep 28th 2012, 6:25 am
JAK
BE Enthusiast

JAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by melbert

Melbert !
Thanks Mel, I am looking forward to it too and Catherine it will be great to see you again