July 2011 applicants

Old Jul 8th 2011, 6:42 am
  #1  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 41
Asadns is an unknown quantity at this point
Default July 2011 applicants

Hello,

Anyone who has lodged 457 after 1 July?

Can anyone share if form 80, 1221 are to be filled at the time of application submission will have any impact on processing?
Asadns is offline  
Old Jul 8th 2011, 1:56 pm
  #2  
Crazy Cat Lady
 
moneypenny20's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 65,493
moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 457 lodged after 1 july 2011

Originally Posted by Asadns View Post
Hello,

Anyone who has lodged 457 after 1 July?

Can anyone share if form 80, 1221 are to be filled at the time of application submission will have any impact on processing?
It's not worth sending anything until you're asked for it.
moneypenny20 is offline  
Old Jul 8th 2011, 2:43 pm
  #3  
HMP Queensland
 
Pollyana's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2002
Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Posts: 93,397
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 457 lodged after 1 july 2011

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 View Post
It's not worth sending anything until you're asked for it.
Specially as the OP may not be asked to do those forms at all. Not every 457 applicant has to
Pollyana is offline  
Old Jul 8th 2011, 3:19 pm
  #4  
Crazy Cat Lady
 
moneypenny20's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 65,493
moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 457 lodged after 1 july 2011

Originally Posted by Pollyana View Post
Specially as the OP may not be asked to do those forms at all. Not every 457 applicant has to
I did put all that and then deleted it.
moneypenny20 is offline  
Old Jul 9th 2011, 10:04 am
  #5  
HMP Queensland
 
Pollyana's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2002
Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Posts: 93,397
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 457 lodged after 1 july 2011

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 View Post
I did put all that and then deleted it.
Pollyana is offline  
Old Jul 11th 2011, 11:11 am
  #6  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 88
atif.javed is an unknown quantity at this point
Default GSM-176, June 2011 applicant. visa application fee increased

Today I receive email from DIAC stating:
Refer to your 176 visa application that has been received at the Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre on 4 July 2011.

From 1 July 2011, the charge for this visa has increased. The First instalment charge has increased from AUD$2575 to AUD$2960.

For us to process your visa application the visa application charge must be paid in full.

If you can send us Credit Card details stating the amount of AUD $385.00 to be deducted, we will not need to return your application to you


My question is, I submit my application on 25 July,2011 and according to courier my application reached Adelaide on 1st July. Will DIAC treat my application as before 30 July 11 rules? because i submit application and all documents based on before 30 july rules.
If they returned my application as “INVALID” will I get fee refund ? I applied paper based.
Anyone have same situation?
Regards
Atif

Last edited by atif.javed; Jul 11th 2011 at 11:23 am.
atif.javed is offline  
Old Jul 11th 2011, 5:13 pm
  #7  
Forum Regular
 
mr_super_genius's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 41
mr_super_genius is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: GSM-176, June 2011 applicant. visa application fee increased

They are saying that if you pay $385, they will not return back your application. Why don't you pay them the money?

and by the way, I think the dates you are mentioning are incorrect as 25th July 2011 is yet to come, it must be 25th June

Originally Posted by atif.javed View Post
Today I receive email from DIAC stating:
Refer to your 176 visa application that has been received at the Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre on 4 July 2011.

From 1 July 2011, the charge for this visa has increased. The First instalment charge has increased from AUD$2575 to AUD$2960.

For us to process your visa application the visa application charge must be paid in full.

If you can send us Credit Card details stating the amount of AUD $385.00 to be deducted, we will not need to return your application to you


My question is, I submit my application on 25 July,2011 and according to courier my application reached Adelaide on 1st July. Will DIAC treat my application as before 30 July 11 rules? because i submit application and all documents based on before 30 july rules.
If they returned my application as “INVALID” will I get fee refund ? I applied paper based.
Anyone have same situation?
Regards
Atif
mr_super_genius is offline  
Old Jul 11th 2011, 5:28 pm
  #8  
.
 
mrsgreenstar76's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
Posts: 3,383
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: GSM-176, June 2011 applicant. visa application fee increased

Originally Posted by atif.javed View Post
Today I receive email from DIAC stating:
Refer to your 176 visa application that has been received at the Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre on 4 July 2011.

From 1 July 2011, the charge for this visa has increased. The First instalment charge has increased from AUD$2575 to AUD$2960.

For us to process your visa application the visa application charge must be paid in full.

If you can send us Credit Card details stating the amount of AUD $385.00 to be deducted, we will not need to return your application to you


My question is, I submit my application on 25 July,2011 and according to courier my application reached Adelaide on 1st July. Will DIAC treat my application as before 30 July 11 rules? because i submit application and all documents based on before 30 july rules.
If they returned my application as “INVALID” will I get fee refund ? I applied paper based.
Anyone have same situation?
Regards
Atif
The new fees started from the 1st July, so as your application arrived on that date, it's logical that they would charge you the new fee. They're not going to process you with pre-1st July rules because it didn't arrive before the 1st July. Basically, if you want your application processed, you'd better pay them the extra AU$385.
mrsgreenstar76 is offline  
Old Jul 12th 2011, 6:34 am
  #9  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 78
SquashAddict is on a distinguished road
Default Re: GSM-176, June 2011 applicant. visa application fee increased

Originally Posted by mrsgreenstar76 View Post
The new fees started from the 1st July, so as your application arrived on that date, it's logical that they would charge you the new fee. They're not going to process you with pre-1st July rules because it didn't arrive before the 1st July. Basically, if you want your application processed, you'd better pay them the extra AU$385.
Your application was received by DIAC AFTER 30th June. So two things:

1. Your application will be considered under new (post 1st July) rules
2. And naturally would be charged the new fees because its considered post 1st July application.
SquashAddict is offline  
Old Jul 12th 2011, 6:36 am
  #10  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 78
SquashAddict is on a distinguished road
Default Re: GSM-176, June 2011 applicant. visa application fee increased

About the fee refund you should ask them through email if I get my refund or not. Have you considered your self under the new rules? Do you still qualify? since there is an increased IELTS requirement for scoring required points.
SquashAddict is offline  
Old Jul 12th 2011, 6:55 am
  #11  
Shafaqat Ali
 
shafaqat309's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: From Lahore to Brisbane
Posts: 2,251
shafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: GSM-176, June 2011 applicant. visa application fee increased

Originally Posted by atif.javed View Post
Today I receive email from DIAC stating:
Refer to your 176 visa application that has been received at the Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre on 4 July 2011.

From 1 July 2011, the charge for this visa has increased. The First instalment charge has increased from AUD$2575 to AUD$2960.

For us to process your visa application the visa application charge must be paid in full.

If you can send us Credit Card details stating the amount of AUD $385.00 to be deducted, we will not need to return your application to you


My question is, I submit my application on 25 July,2011 and according to courier my application reached Adelaide on 1st July. Will DIAC treat my application as before 30 July 11 rules? because i submit application and all documents based on before 30 july rules.
If they returned my application as “INVALID” will I get fee refund ? I applied paper based.
Anyone have same situation?
Regards
Atif
Before making payment just confirm will they treat you pre-july applicant?
shafaqat309 is offline  
Old Jul 12th 2011, 8:41 am
  #12  
Newlywed
 
Dorothy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 28,934
Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: GSM-176, June 2011 applicant. visa application fee increased

Originally Posted by shafaqat309 View Post
Before making payment just confirm will they treat you pre-july applicant?
He is NOT a pre-July applicant. His application was received at Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre on 4 July. Just because the package arrived in Adelaide on 1 July does not mean it arrived at DIAC on that date. And even if it did, it is still post-30 June. The new rules came into effect on 1 July.

Where's the confusion here people?
Dorothy is offline  
Old Jul 12th 2011, 8:48 am
  #13  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 88
atif.javed is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: GSM-176, June 2011 applicant. visa application fee increased

Originally Posted by SquashAddict View Post
About the fee refund you should ask them through email if I get my refund or not. Have you considered your self under the new rules? Do you still qualify? since there is an increased IELTS requirement for scoring required points.
unfortunately i am 5 points short in new point system
atif.javed is offline  
Old Jul 12th 2011, 10:30 am
  #14  
dsn
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 52
dsn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: GSM-176, June 2011 applicant. visa application fee increased

Originally Posted by atif.javed View Post
unfortunately i am 5 points short in new point system
Atif

I think it is better to ask DIAC to refund ur money bcs they will not consider u as pre-july applicant.then again prepare application according to new points.

U can save ur money by doing this i think.:...n dont get confused just do it!!!!!
dsn

Last edited by dsn; Jul 12th 2011 at 10:37 am.
dsn is offline  
Old Jul 12th 2011, 10:51 am
  #15  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 88
atif.javed is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: GSM-176, June 2011 applicant. visa application fee increased

Originally Posted by dsn View Post
Atif

I think it is better to ask DIAC to refund ur money bcs they will not consider u as pre-july applicant.then again prepare application according to new points.

U can save ur money by doing this i think.:...n dont get confused just do it!!!!!
dsn
I send email to DIAC for relaxation, lets see what happen.
atif.javed is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.