July 2009 Visa Applicants

Old Sep 25th 2009, 6:11 am
Just Joined

xxyyzz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: July 2009 Visa Applicant

Originally Posted by Mayur
Oh that means employment verification is done prior to the allocation of CO?
Did they called up your current or previous employer(in case if any)?

Cheers....
i haven't changed my job since graduation. but what i heard is that they would call both current and previous employers...
Old Sep 25th 2009, 6:17 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by wpfmv
I asked my agent the very same question but she believes it's unlikely that employment checks would be performed by the embassy without a case officer giving that direction. She doesn't know for sure obviously.

As for who they contacted ... they contacted only the company I presently work for. I'm still in touch with my previous employer on a reg. basis (helping them with lingering issues on an old job) and they said nobody has contacted them.

Also of interest, communication was via email to the owner (who wrote the letter) and they asked if anybody else in the company had Australian migration plans.
I asked the person who called for employer verification whether a CO has been assigned yet, and she told me there was, but she's not sure whether she could let me know any more detail. So i guess even with a CO, it's not a 'CO' who's going to process my case, and this 'CO' might be someone just started to preview some cases...
it's really confusing....
Old Sep 25th 2009, 6:30 am
Just Joined

wpfmv is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by xxyyzz
I asked the person who called for employer verification whether a CO has been assigned yet, and she told me there was, but she's not sure whether she could let me know any more detail. So i guess even with a CO, it's not a 'CO' who's going to process my case, and this 'CO' might be someone just started to preview some cases...
it's really confusing....
Are you offshore? If so then the local Australian embassy/high commission usually does the employment verification. In my case the person who contacted my boss identified himself as an immigration officer at the embassy. Obviously somebody initiates the verification, the question is whether it's the person who'll ultimately make the decision (i.e. the case officer) or if as others have suggested perhaps they're performing these checks before a case officer is assigned.

If what this lady told you is accurate then that's a good sign, of course if she's working offshore she may not really know either way and may have just assumed one had being.
Old Sep 25th 2009, 6:59 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by wpfmv
Are you offshore? If so then the local Australian embassy/high commission usually does the employment verification. In my case the person who contacted my boss identified himself as an immigration officer at the embassy. Obviously somebody initiates the verification, the question is whether it's the person who'll ultimately make the decision (i.e. the case officer) or if as others have suggested perhaps they're performing these checks before a case officer is assigned.

If what this lady told you is accurate then that's a good sign, of course if she's working offshore she may not really know either way and may have just assumed one had being.
i'm offshore, and she identified herself as the local embassy staff. but when i asked whether a CO has been assigned, what she told me is that it is assigned however on this stage she's not sure whether she could let me know the name of the CO. i assume that means at least she knows the name. but again, i dont think it's a stage when CO starts to make decision, since in that case, she would be able to let me know....i guess....

all and all, by guessing....
Old Sep 25th 2009, 7:10 am
Forum Regular

krishnaecetech is an unknown quantity at this point

i'm offshore, and she identified herself as the local embassy staff. but when i asked whether a CO has been assigned, what she told me is that it is assigned however on this stage she's not sure whether she could let me know the name of the CO. i assume that means at least she knows the name. but again, i dont think it's a stage when CO starts to make decision, since in that case, she would be able to let me know....i guess....

all and all, by guessing....
Guys so you are having "application further being processed" so that means employer verification is over ???
Old Sep 25th 2009, 7:14 am
BE Enthusiast

supriyag123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by krishnaecetech
Guys so you are having "application further being processed" so that means employer verification is over ???
application further being processed doesnt mean a damn...I have that status form begining of september, when I didnt have a SS, and neither was i classified as CSL (as I didnt bloody PLE them yet as I was never aware it needed to be done)...and so no question of having a CO either back then

So dont bank on that too much guys
Old Sep 25th 2009, 7:16 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by supriyag123
application further being processed doesnt mean a damn...I have that status form begining of september, when I didnt have a SS, and neither was i classified as CSL (as I didnt bloody PLE them yet as I was never aware it needed to be done)...and so no question of having a CO either back then

So dont bank on that too much guys
As you say sirji
Old Sep 25th 2009, 7:17 am
Just Joined

i asked whether they'd call again, she said there wouldn't be further verification recently, and before the decision is made, if anything else need to be confirmed, they'll call then...

sounds nonsense...
Old Sep 25th 2009, 7:32 am
Forum Regular

i asked whether they'd call again, she said there wouldn't be further verification recently, and before the decision is made, if anything else need to be confirmed, they'll call then...

sounds nonsense...
Time to go to hibernation mode now before we hear something again from DIAC .. Good there was something to hear rather than nothing as of now
Old Sep 25th 2009, 7:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Time to go to hibernation mode now before we hear something again from DIAC ..
Now u r spot on

I am in deep hiberbation 10 ft below the ground in antarctica already

Wake me up when u hear from DIAC, as i am august applicant ant not far behind u
Old Sep 25th 2009, 7:39 am
BE Forum Addict

freebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond repute

Guys I think most of the july applicants are getting application being processed further.

Even I have "Aplication being processed further" says on 17/09/09.

Does this mean employment verification is over or something else. I know to get a CO it will take more time.

Good luck guys
Interesting stuff, my status changed to "Application being processed further" on Sept 16th too, and I spoke to a guy on another thread who also had the change on that date, wonder what it means.

As for employment verification, I'm no longer with the last employer on my skills verification, a long term contract which finally came to an end, the company was a large US computer maker, hope they contact the referee as I think it has about 10,000 employees, and I was a contractor!

I'm also CSL (currently) and have applied for SS as below. My agent thinks that under the new rules for 2 days ago as CSL non SS I will be finalised within 12 months, but I think there is the worry about the CSL or something else changing in the meantime, hence any progress on my app is a good thing!
Old Sep 25th 2009, 7:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by freebo
I'm also CSL (currently)
Hope you have informed DIAC about it..unfortunately it doesnt count otherwise.
Old Sep 25th 2009, 7:46 am
Forum Regular

Now u r spot on

I am in deep hiberbation 10 ft below the ground in antarctica already

Wake me up when u hear from DIAC, as i am august applicant ant not far behind u
Mate you have a NSW ss in hand ...bet you will be getting ur visa earlier than all ..so u will be the first to wake up from hibernation
Old Sep 25th 2009, 8:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Mate you have a NSW ss in hand ...bet you will be getting ur visa earlier than all ..so u will be the first to wake up from hibernation
Who knows...i called up NSW today to find out tht they forgot to send my form 1100 to DIAC

I was blissfully ignorant abt informing DIAC on my CSL...hence so far i was not even being counted as CSL

So many hurdles and pitfalls...there should be an olympic event on who crossed the distance fastest

But ya, I hope u r right..i am optimistic
Old Sep 25th 2009, 8:28 am
BE Forum Addict

freebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond repute

Hope you have informed DIAC about it..unfortunately it doesnt count otherwise.
Yes, I knew about this and informed them in early August.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.