July 2009 Visa Applicants

Old Aug 16th 2009, 2:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

supriyag123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: July 2009 Visa Applicant

Originally Posted by komail
Hi,

Can somebody help me to suggest that is it wise decision to apply for the conversion of 175 visa to 176 through applying state sponsorship?

Regards,
Komail Noori
www.KomailNoori.com

Well...I am kinda having the same dilemma....however, given the market situation here, not sure if it is wise to get locked in to a particular state...my citizen/PR indian friends here (in Oz) r advising me to gor independent
Old Aug 16th 2009, 3:15 pm
Forum Regular

komail is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by supriyag123
Well...I am kinda having the same dilemma....however, given the market situation here, not sure if it is wise to get locked in to a particular state...my citizen/PR indian friends here (in Oz) r advising me to gor independent
But don't you think that 175 Visas are taking very long time specially after these changes of priorities etc.

Getting an offer letter would be very difficult because most of the jobs required to person to be physically present in Australia. So, only chance we can have is to get state sponsorship as you have seen in britishexpats posts that most of the visas accepted are state sponsord.

I dont know... may be I am little frustrated after blocking lots of money and getting nothing so far in return. May be I should show a little more patience.

Regards,
Komail Noori
Old Aug 16th 2009, 3:17 pm
Forum Regular

You have 175 Visa accepted?
Old Aug 16th 2009, 3:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

But don't you think that 175 Visas are taking very long time specially after these changes of priorities etc.

Getting an offer letter would be very difficult because most of the jobs required to person to be physically present in Australia. So, only chance we can have is to get state sponsorship as you have seen in britishexpats posts that most of the visas accepted are state sponsord.

I dont know... may be I am little frustrated after blocking lots of money and getting nothing so far in return. May be I should show a little more patience.

Regards,
Komail Noori
I get ur point..but the million dollar question is, wht is the guarantee tht u will land up with a job in the state u getting sponsorship from?..

I would probably be a bit patient abt it...some ppl r getting the visa fast, so cant really rule out the possibility tht u r the next lucky guy

I think it is worth waiting for 175 now, rather than waiting in a state with looking at the opportunities passing by in other states for 2 yrs!...trust me that will cause bigger frustration, as I am facing kinda similar case now when I see lotsa opoortunities where i fit in but they reject me at the last moment coz of my visa status(457)...176 is a similar analogy almost, to the extent tht u get locked into a state in stead of getting locked into an employer, like i am or other 457 holders are at the moment..

So think abt it
Old Aug 16th 2009, 3:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

You have 175 Visa accepted?
No..i have 457 at the moment and have a permanent job with CSC australia..
Old Aug 18th 2009, 2:23 am
Forum Regular

I get ur point..but the million dollar question is, wht is the guarantee tht u will land up with a job in the state u getting sponsorship from?..

I would probably be a bit patient abt it...some ppl r getting the visa fast, so cant really rule out the possibility tht u r the next lucky guy

I think it is worth waiting for 175 now, rather than waiting in a state with looking at the opportunities passing by in other states for 2 yrs!...trust me that will cause bigger frustration, as I am facing kinda similar case now when I see lotsa opoortunities where i fit in but they reject me at the last moment coz of my visa status(457)...176 is a similar analogy almost, to the extent tht u get locked into a state in stead of getting locked into an employer, like i am or other 457 holders are at the moment..

So think abt it
Nice point dude,

I think I would agree with your points. May be I should wait for some time as I have just laudge the application and keep my finger cross.

By the way, I quick question. I have received SS letter from Queensland and WA. Where should I prefer, if I have to go for 176?
Old Aug 18th 2009, 2:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Nice point dude,

I think I would agree with your points. May be I should wait for some time as I have just laudge the application and keep my finger cross.

By the way, I quick question. I have received SS letter from Queensland and WA. Where should I prefer, if I have to go for 176?
Hmm...good question..If it had been victoria or NSW versus WA, probably I wud have suggested u right away to go prefer tht one to WA..comparing with brisbane, well I m not very sure...

Positive side of brisbane is closer to other eastern cities and heard it is a beautiful place ( i have not been)..however, honestly Perth is also a nice place to stay...especially if u r coming with family, u will love the lifestyle in perth...a small city (by volume and population) with all the benifits of other large and more populated cities of australia..work-wise, I know couple of people in Java who r doing pretty well in Perth..

so take ur pick..
Old Aug 18th 2009, 3:23 am
Forum Regular

Mayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really nice

Nice point dude,

I'm not sure of other states but QLD is good for .NET, BI (MS) and SAP guys as per my exp of stay in QLD from last 2 years......but for Java/J2EE very very few opportunities .. have a look into career sections of various Universities of QLD ..you may find few JAVA opportunities in their IT depts... Sydney is having much more opportunities for JAVA guys as it is one of hub for MNC Banking and Investment companies....(my friends are there)..

Just for my info..have you received the approval from QLD for SS ? what was the time line?

Cheers...
Old Aug 18th 2009, 3:41 am
Forum Regular

paul-g is an unknown quantity at this point

Regards,
Komail Noori

Komail,

I would suggest you to be patient about this. There are many people lodged long before you but still waiting for thier VISA grant as you can see from the queue list. Since you just lodged it last month, dont' expect this to happen overnight.
Old Aug 19th 2009, 5:51 pm
Forum Regular

alzo will become famous soon enoughalzo will become famous soon enough

gentlemen I am new to this forum and decided to start looking for information as I am confused with the current status of my family's 175 application that we put through in July 2009.

I have applied online and my profession is on the critical skills list. I logged into our online status centre and checked the Document Checklist section. It shows that all the documents were status 'Received' and under the health requirements the status shows as 'Requested'. When I click on the links it allows me to download the health forms and the information says to find a registered doctor to do the necessary health check-ups.

I am confused because the threads I read say a Case Officer is required to be assigned to our application first and will let us know what needs to be done. I also understand that once the health paperwork is completed we have to land in australia within a year of the health paperwork being submitted.

So at this point seeing as we have no Case Officer but I seem to have access to the health forms etc what should I do. I have attempted to contact the australian immigration dept but they seem to be confused themselves as they are wondering how I got the health forms.

Has anyone who has applied online had this happen to them? Any feedback is appreciated.
Old Aug 19th 2009, 8:27 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by alzo
gentlemen I am new to this forum and decided to start looking for information as I am confused with the current status of my family's 175 application that we put through in July 2009.

I have applied online and my profession is on the critical skills list. I logged into our online status centre and checked the Document Checklist section. It shows that all the documents were status 'Received' and under the health requirements the status shows as 'Requested'. When I click on the links it allows me to download the health forms and the information says to find a registered doctor to do the necessary health check-ups.

I am confused because the threads I read say a Case Officer is required to be assigned to our application first and will let us know what needs to be done. I also understand that once the health paperwork is completed we have to land in australia within a year of the health paperwork being submitted.

So at this point seeing as we have no Case Officer but I seem to have access to the health forms etc what should I do. I have attempted to contact the australian immigration dept but they seem to be confused themselves as they are wondering how I got the health forms.

Has anyone who has applied online had this happen to them? Any feedback is appreciated.
I forgot to add here's what my online status shows as:

09/06/2009 Application received - processing commenced
09/06/2009 Application fee received
15/07/2009 Application being processed further
Old Aug 19th 2009, 8:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

freebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond repute

I logged into our online status centre and checked the Document Checklist section. It shows that all the documents were status 'Received' and under the health requirements the status shows as 'Requested'. When I click on the links it allows me to download the health forms and the information says to find a registered doctor to do the necessary health check-ups.
My document checklist has everything as "required", I thought this was normal until one had a C.O.? I'm sure someone on here can answer

What's your occupation?
Old Aug 19th 2009, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by freebo
My document checklist has everything as "required", I thought this was normal until one had a C.O.? I'm sure someone on here can answer

What's your occupation?
2211-11 - Accountant is the occupation I applied under
Old Aug 19th 2009, 8:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

freebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond repute

2211-11 - Accountant is the occupation I applied under
Wow, best of luck

I'm about 7 weeks behind you & hadn't expected my app to be updated so quickly

Did your docs all show "required" until your app went "being processed further?"
Old Aug 19th 2009, 10:07 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by freebo
Wow, best of luck

I'm about 7 weeks behind you & hadn't expected my app to be updated so quickly

Did your docs all show "required" until your app went "being processed further?"
I can't remember but I think it did show as required and then all of a sudden in July it showed as 'Received' and all the health related docs shows as 'Requested'. The only problem is I don't know if I have been assigned a CO or not? and if I should go ahead and do the medicals.

Thoughts anyone?

freebo have you also seen the same. ie 'being processed further'?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.