July 2008 Applicants

Old Jul 21st 2008, 4:20 am
Forum Regular

rachel_shb will become famous soon enoughrachel_shb will become famous soon enough
Default Re: July 2008 Applicants

Hi everyone,

Lodged our 175 MODL online on the 17th. Got the acknowledgement email the same day. Currently on 457, not sure if we have to front load police clearance and meds or just wait till asked?

Cheers all!
Old Jul 21st 2008, 7:11 am
Citizen Of The World

benlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by rachel_shb
Currently on 457, not sure if we have to front load police clearance and meds or just wait till asked?
Hi Rachel

You can do either - a search will find endless discussion of the pros and cons. As IO understand it, the main issue (with offshores at least) is that the entry date to Oz is governed by the date of police checks/meds, not the grant date. So if one frontloads, it may result with a smaller window to enter. Since you're in Oz anyway, that matters less.

Cheers
b
Old Jul 21st 2008, 7:36 am
BE Enthusiast

dance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to all

Check the timeline for the details:

Skilled Independent State/Territory nominated
VISA SUBCLASS:----->SIR-475
ASCO:----->Office Manager (3291-11), Non MODL
VETASSESS Result:----->(Positive) March 17, 2008
IELTS result:----->7.0 Band (Overall) March 19, 2008
Sponsorship result from SA:----->(Positive) May 14, 2008
E-lodgment to DIAC:----->July 05, 2008

Landing in OZzz:----->By Midst 2009
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 2:31 am
Forum Regular

rachel_shb will become famous soon enoughrachel_shb will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by benlast
Hi Rachel

You can do either - a search will find endless discussion of the pros and cons. As IO understand it, the main issue (with offshores at least) is that the entry date to Oz is governed by the date of police checks/meds, not the grant date. So if one frontloads, it may result with a smaller window to enter. Since you're in Oz anyway, that matters less.

Cheers
b
Hi Benlast,

Thanks...yeah, i guess it won't hurt to frontload...
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 12:56 pm
Just Joined

NickSuzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Afternoon All

Yesterday i signed and sent back my new contract for a job in Brisbane.

So now i am waiting for teh companies agent to telephone to crack on with my 457 application.

Me and my family cannot wait to leave.

Cheers Nick
Old Jul 24th 2008, 5:41 pm
Citizen Of The World

benlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud of

..and we've just been granted our 457 (I make that three weeks from application). Hooray for the hardworking folks at Australia House in London!

Yours rather chuffed
b
Old Jul 25th 2008, 2:00 am
Forum Regular

Sunil Nayakar is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: July 2008 Applicants

Hi ,I applied for ACS with RPL on June 30th and wrote the ASC code a s 2231-79 that sin the MODL list for Computer Prfessional -Java.I also attached all the references and certificates to prove that I have 9 years of expereince only on Java and I am in australia on 457 visa for 2 years .With these details Can I get the Assesment with MODL points??KIndly suggest
Old Jul 25th 2008, 6:34 am
Citizen Of The World

Originally Posted by Sunil Nayakar
Hi ,I applied for ACS with RPL on June 30th and wrote the ASC code a s 2231-79 that sin the MODL list for Computer Prfessional -Java.I also attached all the references and certificates to prove that I have 9 years of expereince only on Java and I am in australia on 457 visa for 2 years .With these details Can I get the Assesment with MODL points??KIndly suggest
I think you might be better asking this question in a new thread... this thread is about July 2008 applications for visas. There are many people who have experience with ACS applications on BE, so I'm sure someone can comment.

b
Old Jul 25th 2008, 10:09 pm
Forum Regular

Off 2 Oz is on a distinguished road

We have just finished submitting our 176 visa application on-line...

Let the anxious waiting begin!!!
Old Jul 29th 2008, 5:36 pm
Forum Regular

Chief1980 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello All.

PMV arrived in London 25th July, application fee taken 29th (3 working days later). Well i guess its real now

This seems very fast, (SOOOOoooo not complaining) what do ye think? I know they can be quick to take the cash and slow on the processing but we'll see I guess. What do ye think?

Anybody else doing a 300 aplication (PMV) at the moment or have done one recently?

Ur thoughs as always are greatly appreciated.

Thx.

Cian
Old Jul 30th 2008, 2:39 pm
Holy c%*p, I'm in!!!

lilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nice

Originally Posted by Chief1980
Hello All.

PMV arrived in London 25th July, application fee taken 29th (3 working days later). Well i guess its real now

This seems very fast, (SOOOOoooo not complaining) what do ye think? I know they can be quick to take the cash and slow on the processing but we'll see I guess. What do ye think?

Anybody else doing a 300 aplication (PMV) at the moment or have done one recently?

Ur thoughs as always are greatly appreciated.

Thx.

Cian
Hey,

Spotted you are from Cork also, there are a few of us about, thought I was the only one for a long time! I lodged 175 MODL on July 10th. Can't wait to get outta here, crap weather is driving me crazy!

Good luck with you application, not familiar with the one you have mentioned, do you expect your timeline to be similiar to 175/176 applications?
Old Jul 30th 2008, 3:07 pm
Forum Regular

Chief1980 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well lillsweets, if I ever had any doubts about upping sticks, they're gone now!!!
Old Jul 30th 2008, 3:30 pm
Holy c%*p, I'm in!!!

lilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nice

Originally Posted by Chief1980
Well lillsweets, if I ever had any doubts about upping sticks, they're gone now!!!
Old Jul 31st 2008, 6:03 am
Forum Regular

Summer05 has a reputation beyond reputeSummer05 has a reputation beyond reputeSummer05 has a reputation beyond reputeSummer05 has a reputation beyond reputeSummer05 has a reputation beyond reputeSummer05 has a reputation beyond reputeSummer05 has a reputation beyond reputeSummer05 has a reputation beyond reputeSummer05 has a reputation beyond reputeSummer05 has a reputation beyond reputeSummer05 has a reputation beyond repute

We can now join this thread as we lodged our application last night.
Still got more docs to attach, but fee paid and got that TRNnumber.

Oh well....let the wait begin and wish all of you in this thread good luck in our journey to visa grant.

Old Jul 31st 2008, 7:03 am
BE Enthusiast

dance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Summer05
We can now join this thread as we lodged our application last night.
Still got more docs to attach, but fee paid and got that TRNnumber.

Oh well....let the wait begin and wish all of you in this thread good luck in our journey to visa grant.

Excellent..... May this wait time passes soon for everyone.....Good luck with the rest of the process. BTW,,,,,I'm heading towards the same destination as you are and on the same VISA subclass

Cheers!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.