Default July 2008 Visa Application

Hi everyone,

I have applied on July 01, 2008.

Visa: Subclass 175
MODL

Please share your experiences
Old Apr 9th 2010, 5:49 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: July 2008 Applicants

Threads merged
Old Apr 9th 2010, 5:58 pm
Just Joined

haman is an unknown quantity at this point

I applied for 175 in July 01, 2008. My job is on MODL. After bringing CSL in the system my job wasn't on it so still waiting to see what happens. after about 21 months no word yet. Thinking of switching to SS 176. Don't know if it makes any different. Anyone here in the same situation?
Old May 17th 2010, 10:58 am
Just Joined

BrianMDSmith is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Team,
I applied in July 2008 176 Family Sponsored. Am in the IT Field. Till now no movement, that last I checked my status showed for further processing May 2009. What do you guys think are my chances.
Old May 17th 2010, 11:34 am
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Good, Very good

Originally Posted by BrianMDSmith
Hi Team,
I applied in July 2008 176 Family Sponsored. Am in the IT Field. Till now no movement, that last I checked my status showed for further processing May 2009. What do you guys think are my chances.
Old May 17th 2010, 11:38 am
Just Joined

BrianMDSmith is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tiger222
Good, Very good
Sorry mate to be a bug. But are you sure or just trying to keep my sprits up.
Old May 17th 2010, 1:07 pm
Forum Regular

Trussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to all

Originally Posted by haman
I applied for 175 in July 01, 2008. My job is on MODL. After bringing CSL in the system my job wasn't on it so still waiting to see what happens. after about 21 months no word yet. Thinking of switching to SS 176. Don't know if it makes any different. Anyone here in the same situation?
Hi

My hubbies a brickie and his job was taken off the CSL last year. We originally applied for 175 in July 2008 and then decided to put in additional SS 176 for WA in Sept 09. We heard 2 weeks ago that we have been accepted for State Sponsorship and we can now go down that route. We've been told that there is still a long road ahead but at least its positive after such a long wait. We still have both applications running so hopefully we'll be there ASAP.

I would definitely go for it, u don't lose anything by applying for both. We've done ours through an agent and I think we had to pay an additional £300 for the SS.

I hope that this helps x x
Old May 17th 2010, 2:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by BrianMDSmith
Hi Team,
I have been "out of it" as far as the PR process is concerned. I followed along for a while after we received our PR visas in Oct 2008, but we moved to OZ in Nov 2008 and stayed until July 2009 when we had to come back to US to sell our properties. We hope to be returning to Aus in August 2010.

OH is in IT. The agency he was with contacted him out of the blue to ask when he's returning because "business is booming". I have also read separately that there were over 6,000 job ads with IT in SMH for March 2010. That's a huge increase from the number there were in November 2008 when we first arrived (when there were very few indeed). Also the latest employment numbers came out last week. 33,700 full time permanent new hires in April. They also revised to the upside the number of new hires in March. OZ did not go through the recession that the rest of the world went through. They were grazed but their economy never stopped growing. They reduced the number of people being hired and turned to temps and contractors. Now that things are coming back, they're coming back in spades for Australia.

Having said all that, I'm a little nervous now because China's markets are tanking. They hit the Aug 2009 low and seem determined to bust through. This could put downward pressure on Australia economy in the future....how's your crystal ball?

Catherine
Old Oct 22nd 2010, 4:00 pm
Forum Regular

Trussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to all

Finally got our CO for our 175 - not that our agent bothered to tell us. At long last after 2 years there is light at the end of the tunnel!!!! Its good news at last
Old Oct 22nd 2010, 11:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

melbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Trussie
Finally got our CO for our 175 - not that our agent bothered to tell us. At long last after 2 years there is light at the end of the tunnel!!!! Its good news at last
Congratulations. Hope it's not too long now. Can't quite believe there are still people waiting from 2 years ago but also good to see that you're not forgotten and they are still moving through the process for applicants.

Fingers crossed!

Mel
Old Feb 19th 2011, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

Just to let anyone who may be still out there waiting that we finally had our 175 approved yesterday after 2 1/2 years!!! Still can't believe it, never thought it would happen as we also applied for a 176 in September 2009 and never heard! Anyway, we will finally be on the way to Oz!!!
Old Feb 19th 2011, 9:47 am
BE Enthusiast

melbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to all

Just to let anyone who may be still out there waiting that we finally had our 175 approved yesterday after 2 1/2 years!!! Still can't believe it, never thought it would happen as we also applied for a 176 in September 2009 and never heard! Anyway, we will finally be on the way to Oz!!!
Huge Congratulations!!!! That's fantastic news!!!!
Wow, how exciting for you, can't believe it took so long but at least the wait is over and you can start planning and doing for real now! Where are you going to go?

Lots of champagne corks popping tonight for you then!!!! Yay!!!

Keep us posted!

Mel
Old Feb 19th 2011, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

aussievet is a jewel in the roughaussievet is a jewel in the roughaussievet is a jewel in the roughaussievet is a jewel in the roughaussievet is a jewel in the rough

Hi there and a huge congratulations!

Can I ask when you got your case officer? Also, without wanting to know anything personal is there anything about your case which has significantly complicated it or has just taken this long without any complex issues?

Thank you for updating after your grant and best of luck with your plans!
Old Feb 19th 2011, 8:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Super Congratulations to you and your family!!!

You must be so thrilled! Where are you headed? Let us know when you depart!

Congratulations!!!
Old Mar 22nd 2011, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for all the nice comments guys - we are thinking of heading out in Oct but we can't decide where to head at the mo. We were originally heading to Sydney as my husband has a job offer but its just so expensive for property that we don't want to be going over there to struggle so we've been looking at the Sunshine and Gold Coast! We're just concentrating on getting the house up to spec so that we can try and sell it and then come Easter, we'll look at booking flights etc.. It's taken 3 years because we applied just before the economy collapsed in 2008 and Oz changed all their Visa requirements. We were just really unlucky as a lot of the people we applied at the same time as were processed first and have been there for a couple of years. We then decided to run a 176 alongside the 175 but again, we submitted in the following September and then 3 days later the government announced 176 no longer had priority so its just been a case of bad timing but the 3 years wait has been worth it now we finally have the 175 - anyway, we had a little baby girl when were sick of putting our lives on hold!
I'm spending every spare minute looking at different areas and am getting even more confused!!! Anyone got any ideas for us in Queensland - we have a 4 yr old boy and 8 month old girl????