JP Signatures

Old Feb 23rd 2005, 8:34 pm
Senior Stella Member

Plug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nice
Red face JP Signatures

Hello all,

I'm back for more advice - help, I've finally got everything I need to post our 139 visa app. I went to our local courthouse today to get a ton of certified copies of birth/marriage/qualification certificates. When I got them back, they were signed by different JPs (they obviously divied the work up). Some of them have signed their names and clearly state they are a JP, others have just written 'true certified copy etc....' and added their signatures and date, one of the signatures is a bit difficult to read (bit like mine!).

Has anyone had their certified copies sent back for any reason, I don't want to send this off if it's likely to be returned!

Many thanks in advance for any experiences you can share.
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 9:50 pm
Forum Regular

michelle-leicester-perth is on a distinguished road
Default Re: JP Signatures

[

hiya

depends who the assessing body is tra are very fussy some are not, what are you going as??

QUOTE=Plug]Hello all,

I'm back for more advice - help, I've finally got everything I need to post our 139 visa app. I went to our local courthouse today to get a ton of certified copies of birth/marriage/qualification certificates. When I got them back, they were signed by different JPs (they obviously divied the work up). Some of them have signed their names and clearly state they are a JP, others have just written 'true certified copy etc....' and added their signatures and date, one of the signatures is a bit difficult to read (bit like mine!).

Has anyone had their certified copies sent back for any reason, I don't want to send this off if it's likely to be returned!

Many thanks in advance for any experiences you can share.[/QUOTE]
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 10:32 pm
Forum Regular

midge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Plug
Hello all,

How come when we went to the courthouse to get copies certified, we were asked to go into the courtroom and swear on oath etc, in order to have each done, you state that when you got them back this was done. Was you able to leave your stuff there and go back. We ended up getting the local Police to do it as we couldnt go into court cos we had the baby with us and he would have screamed the place down.
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 11:32 pm
Forum Regular

mamichelle is on a distinguished road

Hello all,

I think you should be OK. The JPs at the court house must certify documents all the time so I am sure that they know what is required. I had the same situation with many different signature on all the various documents, but I imagine that they just have to trust that the signatures are by a JP.
Old Feb 24th 2005, 8:01 am
BE Enthusiast

xxdebsonlinexx will become famous soon enoughxxdebsonlinexx will become famous soon enough

Hello all,

When we had ours signed with the JP there was 4 different ones signing we didnt have any problems with the TRA dont know about Visa appl not had it back but im sure they will be fine

Debs xxx
Old Feb 24th 2005, 3:37 pm
Senior Stella Member

Plug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nice

Thanks to all for your feedback - I think I'll go with what I've got, as you say, they must have done this before!

Regarding the courthouse, it was bizarre, the clerk took all the copies and originals and disapeared leaving me sitting in the middle of a courtroom listening to the barristers preparing for that mornings trials - strange. At least I didn't have to pay, so long as it's not false economy and I need to get it done again!!
Old Feb 24th 2005, 4:13 pm
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute

Mine was the same.. They didn't appear happy when I said they had to sign every page, and not just the front page.. time they got to the 80th it was just a squiggle.

They didn't address or date it etc. Went back to the court house and used 3 different stamps to get that info on the docs (did it myself).

Fingers crossed, its at the ACS now. Just hope 'city of london court' is recognised
Old Feb 24th 2005, 4:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

bruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to all
Question Re: JP Signatures

Thanks to all for your feedback - I think I'll go with what I've got, as you say, they must have done this before!

Regarding the courthouse, it was bizarre, the clerk took all the copies and originals and disapeared leaving me sitting in the middle of a courtroom listening to the barristers preparing for that mornings trials - strange. At least I didn't have to pay, so long as it's not false economy and I need to get it done again!!
I'm still trying to work out how to get arround paying. I went to my local magistrates court and they quoted £8 per copy! The soliciters down the road only wanted 5 per copy.

Bruce.
Old Feb 24th 2005, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

midge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by bruce67
I'm still trying to work out how to get arround paying. I went to my local magistrates court and they quoted £8 per copy! The soliciters down the road only wanted 5 per copy.

Bruce.
We paid £8 for the affidavit to be signed, but they did say it would be £8 for all copies, not each. Took it to the local police station in the end, who signed, stamped and dated it free of charge.
Old Feb 25th 2005, 9:10 am
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by bruce67

Bruce.
My local magistrates also wanted £8 per copy. Try phoning around your local solicitors. I explained the number of copies I needed doing & said I was willing to do all the photocopying in advance and I found some solicitors were willing to do it for about £10/£20 cash (I had a number of different lots done) whereas others weren't willing to go below £5 per item.
Old Feb 25th 2005, 2:44 pm

orangestreet will become famous soon enough

If I were you, I wouldn't worry at all...tou you this is just one case, to DIMIA they see thousands of documents everyday, they will know a fake certificate when they see one, I presume.so you should be fine..