Joint 189 Visa Application

Old Dec 30th 2012, 8:59 pm
Just Joined

paddyandH is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Joint 189 Visa Application

Hello and Seasons Greetings

My wife and I are considering applying for a 189 visa (we are aware that this is by invitation only). We are preparing information to provide to VETASSESS for a skills assessment. Our question is, as one of us will be the main applicant for the visa, do both of us have to get our skills assessed, or just the main applicant?

Any advice received will be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Pat & Helen.
Old Dec 31st 2012, 4:24 am
Forum Regular

shah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Joint 189 Visa Application

Originally Posted by paddyandH
Hello and Seasons Greetings

My wife and I are considering applying for a 189 visa (we are aware that this is by invitation only). We are preparing information to provide to VETASSESS for a skills assessment. Our question is, as one of us will be the main applicant for the visa, do both of us have to get our skills assessed, or just the main applicant?

Any advice received will be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Pat & Helen.
Welcome to the forum and Seasons Greetings to you too!!

It depends on whether you want to claim points for your partner's skills or not. If yes, then you need to apply for her's skill assessment too. If you don't want to claim additional points, then there is no need for your partners skill assessment.
Old Dec 31st 2012, 5:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

The main applicant. It is not very common to go for partner points, I would avoid going down that path unless you get desperate.
Old Jan 1st 2013, 7:13 pm
Just Joined

paddyandH is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for your help.

One of us gets 75 on the points test, so we will just get one skills assessment for the main applicant.

As we are new to this process, we're sure to be putting more questions on this forum!

Best Wishes

Pat and Helen
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

ios_ghost is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by paddyandH
Thank you for your help.

One of us gets 75 on the points test, so we will just get one skills assessment for the main applicant.

As we are new to this process, we're sure to be putting more questions on this forum!

Best Wishes

Pat and Helen
Please go to immi.gov.au or skillselect and read the booklet-6.

You will get full idea and hopefully it will resolve some minor confussions