British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   joiner vetassess practical, help! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/joiner-vetassess-practical-help-568457/)

jon.n.bec Oct 21st 2008 1:47 pm

joiner vetassess practical, help!

Hi
has anyone done or doing the joiner vetassess practical assessment?
my oh is booked in for feb 17th accrington college, every practical i've read about on here is the carpentry one and not the joinery. in the vetassess candidate guide, the carpentry assessment looks alot easier and not as long as the joinery assessment as now my oh is starting to panic, can anyone offer any advice as to what he really needs to practise for this test? and why on the equipment list you need more tools to do the joinery test? has anyone passed this 1st time, it would be good to know.

thanks, bec

CYGNET Oct 21st 2008 4:15 pm

Re: joiner vetassess practical, help!

Originally Posted by jon.n.bec (Post 6895841)
Hi
my oh is booked in for feb 17th accrington college, every practical i've read about on here is the carpentry one and not the joinery. in the vetassess candidate guide, the carpentry assessment looks alot easier and not as long as the joinery assessment as now my oh is starting to panic, can anyone offer any advice as to what he really needs to practise for this test? and why on the equipment list you need more tools to do the joinery test? has anyone passed this 1st time, it would be good to know.

thanks, bec

Can't really help, as Husband did the Carpentry test. Have you done a search on the forum, using the word "Joiner". Sorry if it sounds like a silly question.

Hope it goes well.

scrappyhappy8 Oct 21st 2008 5:10 pm

Hi

thanks, bec

Tell him to relax. I did it (joinery) in Accrington in october and passed first time i am happy I did not choose the carpentry as thejoinery was easy. if he's been a joiner its easy. I will try explain it later tonight if I get time
paul

father ted Oct 21st 2008 10:23 pm

Originally Posted by scrappyhappy8 (Post 6896582)
Tell him to relax. I did it (joinery) in Accrington in october and passed first time i am happy I did not choose the carpentry as thejoinery was easy. if he's been a joiner its easy. I will try explain it later tonight if I get time
paul

Hello paul, i hope this is the correct way to get in contact with you, this the first time i have been on expats. I am a joiner, and am booked in for the oct 31st practical test. i would be grateful for any help you can give. i just don't know what to read up on, and am starting to worry that i have found out about this forum too late to ask for assistance. I will let other joiners know what to expect after i have done my test. they don't seem to realise how big a subject joinery is, surely they don't expect lads to remember everything they have done in this trade? thankyou dave.

lyndhurst Oct 22nd 2008 6:28 am

Originally Posted by father ted (Post 6897594)
Hello paul, i hope this is the correct way to get in contact with you, this the first time i have been on expats. I am a joiner, and am booked in for the oct 31st practical test. i would be grateful for any help you can give. i just don't know what to read up on, and am starting to worry that i have found out about this forum too late to ask for assistance. I will let other joiners know what to expect after i have done my test. they don't seem to realise how big a subject joinery is, surely they don't expect lads to remember everything they have done in this trade? thankyou dave.

sorry cant help OH did carpentry, just wanted to wish you luck

cheryl :wub:

steve`o Oct 22nd 2008 6:49 am

Hi

thanks, bec

have a word with leelee ;)
http://britishexpats.com/forum/member.php?u=83515

regards steve

jackster Oct 22nd 2008 7:15 pm

Hi

thanks, bec

hiya,
just joined this site, im also doing the joinery vetassess,guess when?..yep feb 17th accrington college, just had to do an ielts test as im 5 points short, im sure everthing will be fine, it is an assessment not an exam, all im thinking about is a better life,as worrying is very tiring:D see u there mate.

LINZI32 Oct 22nd 2008 7:23 pm

My husband too is booked on for the assessment on 16th Feb in Accrington and is worried because its all down to him now. He has been a joiner continuous for 20 years but is still panicking. All the help or anyone thats has been there and done it please give all these joiners a little help !!

Thanks guys. !!:)

jackster Oct 22nd 2008 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by LINZI32 (Post 6900356)
My husband too is booked on for the assessment on 16th Feb in Accrington and is worried because its all down to him now. He has been a joiner continuous for 20 years but is still panicking. All the help or anyone thats has been there and done it please give all these joiners a little help !!

Thanks guys. !!:)

hi
i class myself as a carp/joiner , havent actually worked on a bench for 5 yrs, i'm having to stop in burnley the night before the assessment, i think all you can do is download the vetassess candidate info,and trust your own ability, i'm 45 next august this is my only chance, stay calm and focus on the present,;)