Job Ready Test Info

Old Jan 7th 2010, 7:44 am
Forum Regular

bluesgirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Job Ready Test Info

i'm in! and to add to this frustration , only today i heard that immi will scrap off bridging visas n will be sending people home to wait on their PR...dunno how true but there is no smoke w/o fire!!!
Old Jan 7th 2010, 8:08 am
His Excellency

fifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud of

Just a quick one folks.. What happens if you spend an year and almost 5 grand getting through the Job Ready program and when your finally getting there they take your occupation off the SOL list ?
Old Jan 7th 2010, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

sofia16 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bluesgirl
i'm in! and to add to this frustration , only today i heard that immi will scrap off bridging visas n will be sending people home to wait on their PR...dunno how true but there is no smoke w/o fire!!!
OMG!I'm in too!
Old Jan 7th 2010, 9:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by fifty_pence
Just a quick one folks.. What happens if you spend an year and almost 5 grand getting through the Job Ready program and when your finally getting there they take your occupation off the SOL list ?
I think it will be bye bye.
Old Jan 7th 2010, 9:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

Spoke to my registered agent today and his governing body (can't recall their name) are awaiting a meeting with TRA to go through all of this and get some clarification.

The main things they are seeking clarification on at the moment are:

There is a waiting list of 9-12 months to get your graduate visa. Can the 12 months work experience be gained during this wait (as you can work full time). Why do you have to work full time for a year while waiting on your graduate visa and then have to do another 1 year's experience for TRA?

The contracts things. Not enough thought has been given as too many trades do not have contracted staff.

Can't see them sending you home on bridging visas though.
Old Jan 7th 2010, 9:40 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

I can't see them insisting that the years work has to be after the graduate visa has been granted. I can't imagin they will even look at that anyway, they are assessing the skills.

I can't see them scrapping the bridging visa either, their student numbers would drop rapidly if people had to leave the country after setting up home here for about 2 years before being able to come back.
Old Jan 7th 2010, 9:45 am
BE Enthusiast

sambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of light

So they want 2 years of study which you need medicals and pay $20,000 for the course, then apply for a graduate visa - more medicals, 1 year of work experience which is contracted and $5000 for a job ready test and when you finally apply for PR -$2500 for visa, more medicals, police checks etc and they may send you home to wait for a decision?
No way can this happen!
Old Jan 7th 2010, 10:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by pumpkin blossom
I can't see them insisting that the years work has to be after the graduate visa has been granted. I can't imagin they will even look at that anyway, they are assessing the skills.

I can't see them scrapping the bridging visa either, their student numbers would drop rapidly if people had to leave the country after setting up home here for about 2 years before being able to come back.
I've not double checked but I think the job ready thing states that you need to be on your graduate visa first. Might be wrong though.
Old Jan 7th 2010, 10:39 am
BE Forum Addict

you need to do job ready.
Old Jan 7th 2010, 11:34 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sambo76
So they want 2 years of study which you need medicals and pay $20,000 for the course, then apply for a graduate visa - more medicals, 1 year of work experience which is contracted and $5000 for a job ready test and when you finally apply for PR -$2500 for visa, more medicals, police checks etc and they may send you home to wait for a decision?
No way can this happen!
That visa fee is just the first part, there is another $2k odd as well isn't there?
Old Jan 7th 2010, 11:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Kingseat
I've not double checked but I think the job ready thing states that you need to be on your graduate visa first. Might be wrong though.
Step 2: Job Ready Employment
Once you have received a successful Provisional Skills Assessment and hold a visa that allows you to work in Australia, you can undertake the following three components of the Job Ready Employment step

You can work on the bridging visa, so in theory that would count as a visa which allows you to work...
Old Jan 7th 2010, 12:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

I dunno! I am so tired of looking and trying to work it all out!

tomorrow is another day!
Old Jan 7th 2010, 1:00 pm
Forum Regular

believer will become famous soon enoughbeliever will become famous soon enough

i wonder if someone has any second thought about this. Applying for PR after studying here in Australia is a privilege, not a right.
Australia is the Only country in the world that allows students to apply for residency. Everybody knows that studying as international students is expensive Everywhere, not Only here so don't say the country lures anyone to come to schools here at first place. remember many international students already were here before 2001 when student were allowed to apply for PR since. And even before they changed the TRA processing, notice had been given out since 2007.
Admittedly its been a mess and fiasco. The huge misconception that drove thousands to come here hoping that they will win the PR card along with a piece of qualification. Now that the government, at least in their point of view, is trying to fix this problem.
If you say you're pissed off, of course you are, everybody knows that. and you always have choices and one of them was that you chose to come here in some kind of hope and side-door purpose you created for yourself. People dont have to feel sorry for you at first place and TRA won't feel sorry for you as well. I have a few friends who been upset about this, but they know their career and they love their job and they have nothing to fear but just keep working and be patient.
I guess in next 5 years, maybe the government would only do off-shore for skilled migration. no mess no argument no bullshit no exploitation no whambam institutions. end of story.

Last edited by believer; Jan 7th 2010 at 1:03 pm.
Old Jan 7th 2010, 4:21 pm
Forum Regular

pazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to all

hi,
Please excuse my ignorance, but do i as a bricklayer, after learning my trade here in the UK and working for the last 20+ year in the UK, have to go through the Job Ready programme ?, or is it for people already living and studying in Australia.

Cheers, Steve.

After reading more on the Job Ready, i've realised it's for onshore visas. sorry. So is everything the same still for offshore visas ?

Last edited by pazza; Jan 7th 2010 at 4:55 pm.
Old Jan 7th 2010, 9:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

mandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by believer
i wonder if someone has any second thought about this. Applying for PR after studying here in Australia is a privilege, not a right.
Australia is the Only country in the world that allows students to apply for residency. Everybody knows that studying as international students is expensive Everywhere, not Only here so don't say the country lures anyone to come to schools here at first place. remember many international students already were here before 2001 when student were allowed to apply for PR since. And even before they changed the TRA processing, notice had been given out since 2007.
Admittedly its been a mess and fiasco. The huge misconception that drove thousands to come here hoping that they will win the PR card along with a piece of qualification. Now that the government, at least in their point of view, is trying to fix this problem.
If you say you're pissed off, of course you are, everybody knows that. and you always have choices and one of them was that you chose to come here in some kind of hope and side-door purpose you created for yourself. People dont have to feel sorry for you at first place and TRA won't feel sorry for you as well. I have a few friends who been upset about this, but they know their career and they love their job and they have nothing to fear but just keep working and be patient.
I guess in next 5 years, maybe the government would only do off-shore for skilled migration. no mess no argument no bullshit no exploitation no whambam institutions. end of story.
You're absolutely right. . when people say they knew the risks before they came over on the student visa, I don't think they really did. The reality has always been the very real risk of never gaining PR and having to leave!!

Initially I didn't want to come over on the student visa, but life would be very boring if we didn't take a risk or 2!!

I agree, we do everything we're supposed to, pay out what we're asked to and hopefully at the end of it we get PR!! Things will get ironed out in the coming weeks/months. . .

cheers
Mandy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.