Jeremy, Alan, Peter please help.

Old Aug 21st 2004, 11:28 pm
Lostknight

Default Jeremy, Alan, Peter please help.

I have a friend which was refused a visa grant 3 days ago because his
IELTS result was less that vocational level. What if he do a new test
within on or two months and gets a vocational level and sendt it to
ASPC, is it possible not to loose his aplication and money?

Thank you in advance

Old Aug 21st 2004, 11:52 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jeremy, Alan, Peter please help.

Originally Posted by Lostknight

Thank you in advance
Your friend should get some professional advice. If his visa class carries an appeal right there might be some options for him if he takes action quickly.

However this is not an area where an online forum can be of any help, he needs a good agent straight away.

Jeremy
Old Aug 22nd 2004, 1:21 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

By the way - http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=240272
Old Aug 22nd 2004, 11:39 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lostknight

Thank you in advance
Dear LK,

I assume that your failure to mention me means I don't have to answer your enquiry. Since I'm the only agent posting here with experience in MRT or AAT appeals that's a relief :-)

Cheers,

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au
Old Aug 22nd 2004, 11:51 am
Living in the sun

connollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs down Re: Jeremy, Alan, Peter please help.

Originally Posted by George Lombard
Dear LK,

I assume that your failure to mention me means I don't have to answer your enquiry. Since I'm the only agent posting here with experience in MRT or AAT appeals that's a relief :-)

Cheers,

George Lombard

Like lk needed the above
Old Aug 22nd 2004, 1:43 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by connollys.home
Like lk needed the above
I think maybe George is hinting that he DOES need it!

Don't feel too left out George, maybe he'll come back to you later....
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 11:39 am
Forum Regular

PHIZA is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear LK,

Cheers,

George Lombard

Nice to see you're doing you're bit to help George!

I appreciate that you have been of invaluable help to many people on this forum, but was this really neccessary!
Please put your dummy back in!

Perhaps LK just forgot to mention your name, I'm sure he doesn't have intimate knowledge of what areas of particular expertise each agent who is kind enough to comment on this forum has!

Originally Posted by Pollyanna
I think maybe George is hinting that he DOES need it!
Perhaps Pollyanna is right, if this is the case why not just answer the question, instead of waiting for a hand written invitation!
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 6:23 pm

saraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by PHIZA
Perhaps LK just forgot to mention your name, I'm sure he doesn't have intimate knowledge of what areas of particular expertise each agent who is kind enough to comment on this forum has!
I interpreted George's comments as a subtle way of highlighted the fact that he has both MRT & AAT experience... I much prefer the subtlety to a blatant, in-your-face "Choose me as your migration agent". The OP requested information about complex situation his friend is in, he was told his friend needed professional advice, and George stated that he had the relevant experience. It's as simple as that, in my eyes. If you interpreted George's statement as rude, what about posting to a forum frequented by hundreds of users, but only wanting answers from a select few?!

Perhaps Pollyanna is right, if this is the case why not just answer the question, instead of waiting for a hand written invitation!
All of the agents who frequent this forum are giving up their time for us... (and are much appreciated for doing so!!!). They can't be expected to constantly give advice for free... remember, this is how they earn their living! Besides, not all situations can be easily answered in an online forum.

I'm not meaning to have a go, but it just seems like a simple statement is getting blown out of proportion.

-Sara
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 6:33 pm
Forum Regular

CK2B will become famous soon enough

Well said Sara,

BTW it clearly states at the top of the 1st page of this forum not to use individual agents names.
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 6:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

I must agree with Saraliz. I think George was having a bit of friendly banter, not being deliberatly nasty. If you start bad mouthing the agents on this forum you may find they disappear. That would be a shame as they do provide good advice and tips, for FREE. It is their living and if they gave all their advice to everyone free they'd be out of a job. There was afterall a smiley face at the end.
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

I will re-iterate what I said on my original post, I appreciate that George (among many others, professional or otherwise!) have been of invaluable help to many people on this forum. It just struck me that if George had wished to answer the original Question he could have made his Light hearted comment, and then answered the question!
If I misinterpreted the post then I probably wasn't the only one, check out connelys.home's reply
As has been said many times on this forum it can be very easy to misinterpret any comments, with or without the use of smileys!

Also lets not kid ourselves that each agent who is kind enough to comment on this forum also does himself a great deal of good, obviously catching the eye of those who do require the full services of said agents, it's a great form of PR.
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

Tincx has a brilliant futureTincx has a brilliant futureTincx has a brilliant futureTincx has a brilliant futureTincx has a brilliant futureTincx has a brilliant futureTincx has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by joho
I must agree with Saraliz. I think George was having a bit of friendly banter, not being deliberatly nasty. If you start bad mouthing the agents on this forum you may find they disappear. That would be a shame as they do provide good advice and tips, for FREE. It is their living and if they gave all their advice to everyone free they'd be out of a job. There was afterall a smiley face at the end.
Yep Yep

George is a legend
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 8:02 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PHIZA
Nice to see you're doing you're bit to help George!

I appreciate that you have been of invaluable help to many people on this forum, but was this really neccessary!
Please put your dummy back in!

Hi Phiza,

Once a decision is made it's final. LK's friend would have received a letter to that effect. If he were sponsored he could appeal to the MRT; if not, he might need to explore a Federal Court appeal but most likely it wouldn't be worth going down that track. Every applicant whose native language isn't English needs to make sure they pass the IELTS test and some people fail. And to give any meaningful advice I would need to see the refusal letter.

I have just had another refused applicant contact me where it seems that the case officer has not calculated the work experience points correctly. If this happens you would need to get professional help immediately and not wait for a newsgroup reply.

But to explain my post, LK has been a participant here for quite a while and has sought my help in the past and will no doubt continue to do so. In that context I knew that his failure to mention my name was an oversight and meant it in that context only. All the dummies in my household are being stockpiled for the new arrival on 12 October.

Cheers,

George Lombard

Old Aug 23rd 2004, 8:31 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Phiza,

Once a decision is made it's final. LK's friend would have received a letter to that effect. If he were sponsored he could appeal to the MRT; if not, he might need to explore a Federal Court appeal but most likely it wouldn't be worth going down that track. Every applicant whose native language isn't English needs to make sure they pass the IELTS test and some people fail. And to give any meaningful advice I would need to see the refusal letter.

I have just had another refused applicant contact me where it seems that the case officer has not calculated the work experience points correctly. If this happens you would need to get professional help immediately and not wait for a newsgroup reply.

But to explain my post, LK has been a participant here for quite a while and has sought my help in the past and will no doubt continue to do so. In that context I knew that his failure to mention my name was an oversight and meant it in that context only. All the dummies in my household are being stockpiled for the new arrival on 12 October.

Cheers,

George Lombard

No worries George, as I said before it's not always easy to recognise the right tone or context of every post!
Best of luck with the happy event and as a dad with four well out of the nappy stage I'd also like to add, rather you than me !!!
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 9:40 pm
Meryl

Now I am confused. I am posting to an unmoderated moderated forum;)
Meryl

On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 01:21:27 +0000, Pollyana
<member7609@british_expats.com> wrote:

>> Your friend should get some professional advice. If his visa class
    >> carries an appeal right there might be some options for him if he tak-
    >> es action quickly.
    >> However this is not an area where an online forum can be of any help,
    >> he needs a good agent straight away.
    >> Jeremy
    >By the way - http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=240272

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.