January 2009 Applicants

Old Oct 5th 2011, 12:42 pm
Forum Regular

jamesanding is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: January 2009 Applicants

Originally Posted by missa
I know the feeling. Things have changed for us so much as well. My dad died in June 2009 & we also now have a 2yr old grandson!! So it would mean leaving him & my mum who is not in the best of health. We've also had to take our eldest off the visa as he is now not dependant on us & our 17yr old is refusing to come & i certainly don't want to force him. So we would now be leaving a lot behind. My mum is adamant that we should go & my 11yr old appears to be looking forward to going but we've decided to make the decision once we've definitely got the visa. Big decisions!! Hopefully everything will work out for the best
Wow those are big changes - it really highlights how these visa delays are affecting people's lives!
Old Oct 20th 2011, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

missa is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeey we've got our visa Now for the big decisions
Old Oct 20th 2011, 9:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Tubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to all

Yay! Congratulations! That took a while eh? Good luck with the decision making.
Old Oct 20th 2011, 9:52 am

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent! Congratulations!
Old Oct 20th 2011, 4:49 pm
Forum Regular

Nice one!! Congrats and good luck with the decision making. Huge changes coming your way
Old Oct 22nd 2011, 12:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Safaet will become famous soon enoughSafaet will become famous soon enough

Congrats, Missa!! Where are you heading to?? Anyway, good luck!!
Old May 21st 2012, 6:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by qamar_qadian
Better read the Feb 8 changes in DIAC website. There were some changes related to onshore applicants that some category visas wont be processed untill 2011. Correct details can be seen at DIAC site.
Hi All Jan 2009 applicants! How's everyone doing, how many of you are still waiting to hear back?
I for one am still waiting for the end of this year (2012)
Old May 21st 2012, 7:16 pm

mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jamesanding
Hi All Jan 2009 applicants! How's everyone doing, how many of you are still waiting to hear back?
I for one am still waiting for the end of this year (2012)
Not bad thanks. Still waiting, but I've been very impressed at the rate DIAC's been going at of late. I'm feeling quite optimistic.
Old May 21st 2012, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

diane-ireland has a brilliant futurediane-ireland has a brilliant futurediane-ireland has a brilliant futurediane-ireland has a brilliant futurediane-ireland has a brilliant futurediane-ireland has a brilliant futurediane-ireland has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by mrsgreenstar76
Not bad thanks. Still waiting, but I've been very impressed at the rate DIAC's been going at of late. I'm feeling quite optimistic.
Ohhh GOD!Still waiting?!
I am a Feb 2009 applicant.Got visa in Sep 2009.Arrived Nov 2009.Got PR already got a new baby boy this year....and people still waiting...
Wish you best of Luck!!!!
Old May 21st 2012, 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by diane-ireland
Ohhh GOD!Still waiting?!
I am a Feb 2009 applicant.Got visa in Sep 2009.Arrived Nov 2009.Got PR already got a new baby boy this year....and people still waiting...
Wish you best of Luck!!!!
Thanks (& congratulations on your visa & new baby! ). Yeah, I'm a P5 applicant, so it's taking a little longer.
Old Nov 27th 2012, 5:38 pm
Forum Regular

Hi All - still waiting for my visa to be processed...

I had a look on the Aussie Immigration site and came across this Allocation page - http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...tion-times.htm

Correct me if I'm wrong here but does this mean that they are currently processing 175 Skilled Independent applications that are Category 5, lodged in April 2008?

That means that people like me and other folks in this thread are about 1 year away from being processed??
Old Nov 28th 2012, 12:07 am

Hi All - still waiting for my visa to be processed...

I had a look on the Aussie Immigration site and came across this Allocation page - http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...tion-times.htm

Correct me if I'm wrong here but does this mean that they are currently processing 175 Skilled Independent applications that are Category 5, lodged in April 2008?

That means that people like me and other folks in this thread are about 1 year away from being processed??
No, because they're not taking a year to process each year. They are a bit slow at the moment, but there have been times where the allocation dates have shown progress of months, not weeks, per update.
Old Nov 30th 2012, 1:29 pm
Forum Regular

No, because they're not taking a year to process each year. They are a bit slow at the moment, but there have been times where the allocation dates have shown progress of months, not weeks, per update.
So you reckon it'll less or more than a year?
Old Nov 30th 2012, 1:35 pm

So you reckon it'll less or more than a year?
There's no way of knowing really. All I know is that they're not taking a taking a whole year to process one years' worth of applications.
Old Nov 30th 2012, 1:58 pm
Forum Regular

There's no way of knowing really. All I know is that they're not taking a taking a whole year to process one years' worth of applications.
It's the 'not knowing thing' that kills me. I just don't get how they can not give at least a rough timeline so we can plan our lives a bit...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.