Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

I've read so much i'm confused, can anyone help??

I've read so much i'm confused, can anyone help??

Old Nov 19th 2007, 8:24 pm
Just Joined

surefireloopyloo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I've read so much i'm confused, can anyone help??

Hello,
This is my first post so I'm very much in the dark.

Me and my family ( husband and 2 children, 3 and 1 ) are very keen to move to Oz. I have quite alot of family in Brisbane where we would like to go live. 5 first cousins and an aunty to be precise!

my question is this, can any of my family sponsor us to go over there and if so do we have to have a skill in order to do this??

We don't have trade qualifications so can't go on a skilled visa. we want to make sure we have covered every avenue of getting into Oz and I can't seem to find out if 1st cousins or my aunty can sponsor us!

sorry if this has been covered before. I seem to have read so much on aus immigration that I have got myself confused. any help would really be appriciated. it's the start of a long process and i want to make sure i'm armed with everything we have going for us

Thanks very much
Surefire
xxxx
Old Nov 19th 2007, 8:27 pm
Beach Bum

Location: living it large on the beautiful Mornington Penninsula
paul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud of
Default Re: I've read so much i'm confused, can anyone help??

Can't help you personally but have you been to www.immi.gov.au that should tell you all about sponsored visas and who can sponsor and under what circumstances
Old Nov 19th 2007, 9:32 pm
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute

Yes they can sponsor you but only for a skilled visa .
Old Nov 20th 2007, 1:57 am
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute

You don't have to have trade qualifications, you just need to have qualifications and/or experience in one of the jobs on the skilled occupation list. So you could be a scientist, not necessarily a carpenter or plumber!
Old Nov 20th 2007, 11:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Wandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud of

Hi

Your Aunt is the important one, cousins can do it but it starts getting tougher. The closer the family member the better.

The best thing to do is contact a few agents, your initial telephone consultation is free so they can give you a yes or no based on what you tell them.

We are with Concept Austrialia but there are plenty out there

A few agents post on here too.

The key thing is don't pay for a phone consultation!!!

Good Luck

Cx
Old Nov 20th 2007, 2:41 pm
Just Joined

surefireloopyloo is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks so much for your replys, I think an agent is the best way forward. I'll phone around.

thanks again
Surefireloopyloo
xx
Old Nov 20th 2007, 3:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

juss44 has a spectacular aura aboutjuss44 has a spectacular aura aboutjuss44 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by surefireloopyloo
Hello,
This is my first post so I'm very much in the dark.

Me and my family ( husband and 2 children, 3 and 1 ) are very keen to move to Oz. I have quite alot of family in Brisbane where we would like to go live. 5 first cousins and an aunty to be precise!

my question is this, can any of my family sponsor us to go over there and if so do we have to have a skill in order to do this??

We don't have trade qualifications so can't go on a skilled visa. we want to make sure we have covered every avenue of getting into Oz and I can't seem to find out if 1st cousins or my aunty can sponsor us!

sorry if this has been covered before. I seem to have read so much on aus immigration that I have got myself confused. any help would really be appriciated. it's the start of a long process and i want to make sure i'm armed with everything we have going for us

Thanks very much
Surefire
xxxx
Hi There, not sure if this is any help? These are the agents we used and we got our Visa on 16 October they were fab. You can them and get some free impartial advice.

http://www.australia-migration.com/

Justine