Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Issues arising from trying to get sponsorship from more than one State

Wikiposts

Issues arising from trying to get sponsorship from more than one State

Old Jun 3rd 2009, 4:48 am
Just Joined

MICK_JONES_77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Issues arising from trying to get sponsorship from more than one State

Hi Folks,

I think this may have been asked before but can i apply for State Sponsorship from 2 different states at the same time?

Would this increase my chances if I get excepted by both, or is it a case of when I apply for visa I have to choose only one?

Also, from what I have read I have to stay in that chosen state for 2 years, which is fine, but what if I can get a job in my profession in that state?
Can I still live there working as something different until I get a job in my line of work?

Any replies will be much appreciated.

Cheers!
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 5:05 am
ajt
Forum Regular

ajt is just really niceajt is just really niceajt is just really niceajt is just really niceajt is just really niceajt is just really niceajt is just really niceajt is just really nice
Default Re: Can I apply for State Sponsorship from 2 states?

Originally Posted by MICK_JONES_77
Hi Folks,

I think this may have been asked before but can i apply for State Sponsorship from 2 different states at the same time?

Would this increase my chances if I get excepted by both, or is it a case of when I apply for visa I have to choose only one?

Also, from what I have read I have to stay in that chosen state for 2 years, which is fine, but what if I can get a job in my profession in that state?
Can I still live there working as something different until I get a job in my line of work?

Any replies will be much appreciated.

Cheers!

Yes you can apply for more than one sponsorship....and ofcourse you have to choose one of them!
You can do whatever work u wish, if it is a permanent visa ....and even if u get a job in ur profession , its not necessary that u go for it
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 5:09 am
Just Joined

MICK_JONES_77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ajt
Yes you can apply for more than one sponsorship....and ofcourse you have to choose one of them!
You can do whatever work u wish, if it is a permanent visa ....and even if u get a job in ur profession , its not necessary that u go for it
Thanks for the swift reply! That pretty much covers it!
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 5:18 am
Kraut

guuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really nice

mhhh i appled for WA and VIC, Vic told me, my agent, before the make the decission i have to withdrawal one of the applications!!

Thank you for your client’s application for nomination under the Skilled – Sponsored visa scheme.

We have noted from the application that your client has also applied to Western Australia. In situations such as this our policy is to immediately reject any such applications as we require applicants who are committed to Victoria only.

However, as there are often misunderstandings that lead to duplicate applications, we would like your client to explain why their preference is Victoria, and why they are committed to our state should the application be successful.

If they have no preference, you should advise Western Australia to continue with your client’s application and we will close the Victorian application.

If your client would prefer to live in Victoria, you will need to withdraw the application to Western Australia, and provide us with evidence of the withdrawal.

We look forward to your response.

Originally Posted by MICK_JONES_77
Thanks for the swift reply! That pretty much covers it!
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 5:25 am
ajt
Forum Regular

ajt is just really niceajt is just really niceajt is just really niceajt is just really niceajt is just really niceajt is just really niceajt is just really niceajt is just really nice

thats a new piece of information...maybe thats the case with Victoria...

but trust me there are a lot of people on this forum who have applied for more than one state sponsorship
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 5:50 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ajt
thats a new piece of information...maybe thats the case with Victoria...

but trust me there are a lot of people on this forum who have applied for more than one state sponsorship
And those who are making it known that they have applied to several, aren't committed to Vcitoria, or qualify for another visa type, are now getting rejections from Victoria.
I think its a good step. State sponsirship should only be extended to those who intend to commit to that State. Why should they waste their efforts sponsoring people who just want a visa and often intend to leave the sponsoring State at the earliest opportunity? If people are applying to three or four States - as in some cases seen on here - they clearly don't feel any affinity with one in particular, so why should the State put themselves out to help the applicant.
Old Jun 4th 2009, 9:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

flair002 has a brilliant futureflair002 has a brilliant futureflair002 has a brilliant futureflair002 has a brilliant futureflair002 has a brilliant futureflair002 has a brilliant futureflair002 has a brilliant future
Default Sponsorship refused... help sought

ACT refused my sponsorship application saying i failed to show commitment to canberra because i applied to multiple states.... i did not lie technically to them because i applied to other states after i applied to canberra....i have advised the Case officer about that.... what should i do next
????
very frustrating life
Old Jun 4th 2009, 9:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

helloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant future
Default Re: Sponsorship refused... help sought

Originally Posted by flair002
ACT refused my sponsorship application saying i failed to show commitment to canberra because i applied to multiple states.... i did not lie technically to them because i applied to other states after i applied to canberra....i have advised the Case officer about that.... what should i do next
????
very frustrating life
what about other states. I applied for NT/SA/WA

NT - Bad experience
SA- My mistake
WA- Wonderful

Be patient for other states reply.
Old Jun 4th 2009, 10:58 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Issues arising from trying to get sponsorship from more than one State

In my opinion (which obviously counts for nothing) anyone who applies to more than one state should automatically get a refusal from all of them. When you apply for state sponsorship it is assumed you are showing commitment to that state. By applying to other states proves you are unable to do that one simple thing. If you can't do that, you don't deserve to get a visa. The sooner the other states follow on from Victoria the better.
Old Jun 5th 2009, 1:58 am
Forum Regular

H2fusion is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Issues arising from trying to get sponsorship from more than one State

In my opinion, I think DIAC should enforce checking who applied for State Sponsorship stick to the visa condition. A lot of people here are taking advantage of applying to multiple state sponsonships just to get ahead of acquiring a PR. I should hope DIAC change it's rule and really ENFORCE it. I think, conditional PR first for the first 2 years and remove the condition after proving that he/she resided in that Sponsored State for 2 years.
Old Jun 5th 2009, 2:09 am
BE Enthusiast

mpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
In my opinion (which obviously counts for nothing) anyone who applies to more than one state should automatically get a refusal from all of them. When you apply for state sponsorship it is assumed you are showing commitment to that state. By applying to other states proves you are unable to do that one simple thing. If you can't do that, you don't deserve to get a visa. The sooner the other states follow on from Victoria the better.
I agree its not honest to certain level to apply for multiple states. But what other option the mutli-applicants have? They can't wait for the best state to reply (3 months) and if rejected then go for other states.. parallelism is faster than serialization.

I heard Vic can also cancel you, if you make more than 110 points..because basically the SS is also meant for them who couldn't make up 120 points.
Old Jun 5th 2009, 4:15 am
BE Enthusiast

shafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really nice

Originally Posted by flair002
????
very frustrating life
Hi flair002.

How did ACT find out that you have applied for multiple states ?
Old Jun 5th 2009, 12:45 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shafanm
Hi flair002.

How did ACT find out that you have applied for multiple states ?
Because you have to declare it on your application. You also give DIAC/the state permission to access information about you when you apply.
Old Jun 5th 2009, 2:19 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mpgrewal
I agree its not honest to certain level to apply for multiple states. But what other option the mutli-applicants have? They can't wait for the best state to reply (3 months) and if rejected then go for other states..
Why can't they wait? What right do they have to get a speedy outcome? There are many many applicants who wait years for approval for whatever reason. Just because some people have found a way to buck the system doesn't mean they have a god given right to get into Australia. If one state turns them down, they can then apply to another one. The points system works. If you don't have enough points you don't get in. Simple.
Old Jun 5th 2009, 3:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

mpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Because you have to declare it on your application. You also give DIAC/the state permission to access information about you when you apply.
I think he meant, if you advertently don't declare it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.