Invitation

Old Oct 17th 2019, 1:09 pm
Just Joined

Archi_Lots is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Invitation

My partner and I lodged an EOI for the 189 and 190 Visa on 14.10.19, we have 80 and 85 points respectively. We are both Architects (232111). How long roughly will it take to be invited?
Old Oct 17th 2019, 2:28 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Invitation

Originally Posted by Archi_Lots
My partner and I lodged an EOI for the 189 and 190 Visa on 14.10.19, we have 80 and 85 points respectively. We are both Architects (232111). How long roughly will it take to be invited?
The link provided in your thread from a couple of months ago may assist Time Scales on 189 Visa
Old Oct 23rd 2019, 7:52 pm
Just Joined

Thank you! I guess it could be a couple of months. Have you seen the processing times for the 189 which were published this week?? 18-33 months!
Old Jan 7th 2020, 8:00 pm
Just Joined

We have just participated in a webinar on the down under centre website and they have said that it is unlikely we will receive an invite for the 189 without 95+ points. They also said that if NSW haven't invited you within 3 months it is unlikely that they will. Any thoughts?
Old Jan 8th 2020, 11:19 am
Forum Regular

Paul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond repute

We have just participated in a webinar on the down under centre website and they have said that it is unlikely we will receive an invite for the 189 without 95+ points. They also said that if NSW haven't invited you within 3 months it is unlikely that they will. Any thoughts?
The last invitation round for 189s in December bottomed out at 95 points. This is higher than previously due to the change in the calculation for partner points. It's unlikely to drop much lower in the near term I suspect.
Are the points you quoted pre- or post- November 16th calculation?
Old Jan 8th 2020, 11:24 am
Just Joined

That's pre-November, We now have 85 and 90 points.
Old Jan 8th 2020, 11:29 am
Just Joined

Do you think we are kidding ourselves?
Old Jan 8th 2020, 11:32 am
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute

The thing to remember, is it is a queue - if you are on 85 points, you are behind everyone else who is on 85 points who applied before you. So your wait time will depend on both when the draws get down to that points level again, and then what your place is in the queue.
Old Jan 8th 2020, 11:34 am
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute

Do you think we are kidding ourselves?
Absolutely nothing is final until you get the visa grant notice. So you have to keep living your life in the UK like you will be remaining there until that happens.
Old Jan 8th 2020, 12:28 pm
Just Joined

Its very challenging when you want to make plans. I know everyone is in the same boat though.

Anyone know much about the Subclass 491? Could you apply for this and live somewhere outside of Melbourne, Sydney or Brisbane and wait for your invitation for 189/190? Is this points based too?

Old Jan 8th 2020, 1:15 pm
Forum Regular

Paul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond repute

If you hold (or the last visa you held was) a 491, you cannot be granted a 189 or 190 (or a number of other visas) until you have held the 491 for three years. If you go down the 491 path, you are committing to the 491 onto 191 pathway.
Old Jan 8th 2020, 9:02 pm
Just Joined

I have had a look at the NSW/VIC postcodes and they are a little far out to commute to Melbourne/Sydney. We could consider Adelaide or Perth, but would need to check job availability. Is there any data on how long it takes to get invited for a 491 and also processing times? I assume then we would apply for a 191 after three years (is this quicker than a 189 at the moment?).
Old Jan 10th 2020, 12:45 pm
Just Joined

Well thats good news. Thank you so much everyone for your advice.

My immigration agent has suggested a TSS Visa. Any thoughts? How do we go about finding a sponsor?

The 491 is very tempting. I am going to take a look at job opportunities/what its like to live in some of the cities such as Perth and Adelaide. Just a few other questions:

1. Does anyone have any experience of applying for the 491 in these places?

2. Are there any good forums to discuss what its like to live in Perth? Also job opportunities?

3. Would you advise that we submit a separate EOI to our one for 189/190?
Old Jan 11th 2020, 7:33 pm
Just Joined

have just had a look on the Western Australia website, and, although Architect (232111) is on the Home Affairs Skilled Occupation List, I don't believe that it is on the Western Australia Nominated Occupation List - unless I am mistaken? Does this mean that we would not be able to apply for the 491?

https://www.migration.wa.gov.au/services/skilled-migration-western-australia/occupation lists
Old Jan 11th 2020, 11:24 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

have just had a look on the Western Australia website, and, although Architect (232111) is on the Home Affairs Skilled Occupation List, I don't believe that it is on the Western Australia Nominated Occupation List - unless I am mistaken? Does this mean that we would not be able to apply for the 491?

https://www.migration.wa.gov.au/services/skilled-migration-western-australia/occupation lists
You need to be sponsored by a state, territory or eligible relative. If WA does not require architects, then they will not sponsor you for the visa.

You need to check if other state / territory has a requirement. Alternately, see if you can boost your points for 189 invitation.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.