British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Invalid Application (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/invalid-application-738226/)

Bix Nov 8th 2011 2:13 pm

Re: Invalid Application

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts (Post 9721914)
Having read through DIAC's points, I think the above is the critical point.

If you had backdated the sponsorship form and just said it had not uploaded properly or something I think you might have got away with it. That it was dated 11th October, after the visa lodgement date seems to be the problem and understandably so.

You will need to start again.

Yes, I think that had that form 1277 sponsor date been valid it may have got through.

It is very sad but good luck with the new application Adeolux.

I know someone who submitted form 1277 dated 8 days after the application date and he got an invalid ruling.

He was able to convince DIAC it was a simple error and the sponsor was in place before the lodgement date.

He received his visa but I think he was extremely lucky especially as there is officially no review.

Sol2Oz Nov 9th 2011 2:40 am

Originally Posted by Bix (Post 9722000)
Yes, I think that had that form 1277 sponsor date been valid it may have got through.

It is very sad but good luck with the new application Adeolux.

I know someone who submitted form 1277 dated 8 days after the application date and he got an invalid ruling.

He was able to convince DIAC it was a simple error and the sponsor was in place before the lodgement date.

He received his visa but I think he was extremely lucky especially as there is officially no review.

Just a question: Doesn't an applicant have up to 28 days to upload attachments to his/her application provided they have a TRN number? Adeolux - out of curiosity, why didn't you upload the form before you were assigned a case officer?

Also, even if Adeolux missed the date, why did the CO request form 1277, if he/she knew that the application wouldn't go any further?

Bermudashorts Nov 9th 2011 7:30 am

Originally Posted by Sol2Oz (Post 9722827)
Just a question: Doesn't an applicant have up to 28 days to upload attachments to his/her application provided they have a TRN number? Adeolux - out of curiosity, why didn't you upload the form before you were assigned a case officer?

Also, even if Adeolux missed the date, why did the CO request form 1277, if he/she knew that the application wouldn't go any further?

They presumably requested it because it might just have got lost in the ether, I uploaded my PCC about three times for example as they couldn't see it. The trouble is, once OP uploaded it, the CO discovered that sponsorship was not in place at the time the application was lodged, because the application was dated january and the sponsorship was dated October. If OP had backdated the form then I think they would have got away with it.

Adeolux Nov 9th 2011 11:54 am

I think its all making sense now. I had the document at the time of lodging the application and i am very sure i loaded it but somehow it did not upload. after i recieved the email, i went back home to look for the document but was unable to locate it because we moved houses recently. Going by the information on their site that the longer it takes you to return requested documents the longer your application will take, i decided to do it again and that was used agaist me.
I spoke to the CO and he told me that he did not make the decision and he hasn't even looked at my application yet. All the information i recieved from Immigration were on his behalf. He said that he can't do anything for me, so i asked if he could transfer me to the person that did or to their supervisor and he asked me to wait a minute and the phone went dead-maybe by accident.

Bix Nov 9th 2011 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by Adeolux (Post 9724071)
I think its all making sense now. I had the document at the time of lodging the application and i am very sure i loaded it but somehow it did not upload. after i recieved the email, i went back home to look for the document but was unable to locate it because we moved houses recently. Going by the information on their site that the longer it takes you to return requested documents the longer your application will take, i decided to do it again and that was used agaist me.
I spoke to the CO and he told me that he did not make the decision and he hasn't even looked at my application yet. All the information i recieved from Immigration were on his behalf. He said that he can't do anything for me, so i asked if he could transfer me to the person that did or to their supervisor and he asked me to wait a minute and the phone went dead-maybe by accident.

I'm sure you got cut off by mistake http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/sr...ies/unsure.gif so follow up again.
There is no right of review but if you don't ask you don't get. Explain what happened like you said above. If they say no, you are no worse off, but if they say yes it means so much.

I don't like to falsely build any hope as there is a very minimal chance of success but it's got to be worth a try.

Adeolux Nov 10th 2011 11:57 am

Thanks for your advice Bix. I'll give it one more try

Bermudashorts Nov 10th 2011 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by Adeolux (Post 9726446)
Thanks for your advice Bix. I'll give it one more try

I think it is worth a shot. But you only have one shot at this so make sure you articulate the situation very clearly. I would do it in writing I think.

annever Nov 10th 2011 10:12 pm

Hi,
If it can help, the same happened here:

<snip>

In this case, it seems that it has been solved.

Good luck.

isabella52 Nov 11th 2011 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by Adeolux (Post 9720313)
I am a New Zealand citizen living in Australia and applied for a 176 sponsored by my uncle. I recieved an email recently from my case officer requesting for me to complete the sponsorship form and return it to him in 28days. I completed the form in 8days and 10days later i recieved an acknowledgement of a valid application e-mail. I looked in my email yesterday and there was another email from my case officer that my application is now invalid and that my application has been thrown out and i have to go and apply again.
I have been on the queue since January and although i recieved a letter that a case officer will be appointed 3months in February, i did not get one until October and when i did, she requested for me to send the completed sponsorship form because i mistakenly forget to attach it.
The letter also stated that i do not have a right of appeal.
Has anyone been in this situation before? Can you please advise of the steps i can take to address this issue.

You need an advise from a registered migration agent and you will get the right answer to your query.

vober Nov 11th 2011 5:06 pm

Hi,

I have read your post and FYI even I have lodged an online application for a 176 subclass visa. What I can't understand is why didn't your sponsor fill the form online.

On the PDF for Form 1227 it says the same can be done online as well. My sponser filled the form for me the same day I had lodged my application and a sponsorship number was generated similiar to the TRN we get on lodgement of the application confirming the sponsorship. My sponsor then took a screen shot of the same to confirm that sponsorsip had been done.

Good Luck with your application. I hope it works out for you.

Regards,

Vaibhav

JAJ Nov 25th 2011 1:37 pm

An invalid application does not carry a fee (or you get the fee refunded) and as a result, there is often an option simply to reapply. As long as you've not changed circumstances or missed an eligibility cut-off. Seek professional assistance.

chapkenv Nov 26th 2011 8:55 am

since u are lucky...

enough to be in Au, go pay Diac a visit after making an appt. over the phone, instead of taking the scenic route - there is such a thing called an "honest mistake" and it can happen to anybody, especially with the high-wire-act like tension associated with an IT-assisted online app, where one can easily overlook text-input fields, and numbers...personally since i was in the US for many years, the month always pops up first when i jot a date down..

.you may be able to apply afresh for the same fees, if you can talk to an official person-to-person and explain what happened...with the date, i almost made the folly of applying too early myself when i did not have the min work exp of 12 months immediately prior to applying but i had already landed a state sponsorship...thus making me mouse-happy to lodge an online application...

Dorothy Nov 26th 2011 10:28 am

Re: since u are lucky...

Originally Posted by chapkenv (Post 9755395)
enough to be in Au, go pay Diac a visit after making an appt. over the phone, instead of taking the scenic route - there is such a thing called an "honest mistake" and it can happen to anybody, especially with the high-wire-act like tension associated with an IT-assisted online app, where one can easily overlook text-input fields, and numbers...personally since i was in the US for many years, the month always pops up first when i jot a date down..

.you may be able to apply afresh for the same fees, if you can talk to an official person-to-person and explain what happened...with the date, i almost made the folly of applying too early myself when i did not have the min work exp of 12 months immediately prior to applying but i had already landed a state sponsorship...thus making me mouse-happy to lodge an online application...

Who precicely at DIAC do you suggest he "pay a visit" to? Do you honestly believe that the OP can ring up and make an appointment with his case officer? :confused:

As JAJ says, the OP needs professional advice. That means a good, MARA registered, migration agent.

chapkenv Nov 26th 2011 4:39 pm

they are pretty friendly..

no:o u dont need a UFO to establish contact with a DIAC officer, but this link might help...

http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/aust...a-adelaide.htm

Dorothy Nov 26th 2011 4:54 pm

Re: they are pretty friendly..

Originally Posted by chapkenv (Post 9755770)
no:o u dont need a UFO to establish contact with a DIAC officer, but this link might help...

http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/aust...a-adelaide.htm

What? Dude, what have you been smoking? "don't need a UFO to establish contact"? Seriously, WTF is that about? :blink:

The OP's application has been decided. There is nobody at DIAC for him to contact. He needs the help of a professional.