Interview required when apply a visa

Old Jan 17th 2009, 10:52 pm
JBS
Just Joined

JBS is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Interview required when apply a visa

Hi All,
I am so glad that i found this forum. Lots of helful information.

I am quite new here, so please excuse my lack of knowledge

My husband and I really want to migrate to Australia and we have been thinking moving there for over a year. I think we are ready now. We are thinking using an agent to help us through. I have a few questions:

1. Is there ever required an interview when applying a visa? What type of interview? Telephone or face to face?

2. If a face to face interview is required, where will it take place? Does it need to be the Country where I submit the application? If I use an agent in Australia to submit my application, does it mean that i will need to do the interview there? Or any place is fine? I am currenly working in London.

I have contacted several agents and thinking about which one to use.

Any advice is appreciated
JBS
Old Jan 17th 2009, 11:00 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

Les Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Interview required when apply a visa

Could I ask your respective ages and what sort of visa you are contemplating applying for, before I reply?
Old Jan 17th 2009, 11:05 pm
JBS
Just Joined

Hi Les,

My age is 27 and I am going down to the 175 (non-RPL) route.

Thanks for your help
JBS
Originally Posted by Les Mighalls
Could I ask your respective ages and what sort of visa you are contemplating applying for, before I reply?
Old Jan 17th 2009, 11:16 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JBS
Hi Les,

My age is 27 and I am going down to the 175 (non-RPL) route.

Thanks for your help
JBS
Then you do not need to do any sort of interview.
Old Jan 17th 2009, 11:28 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

Les Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to behold

Looks like I'm not the only one having a quiet Sunday morning.
Old Jan 17th 2009, 11:43 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like I'm not the only one having a quiet Sunday morning.
Nursing a hangover after an Indian meal with friends then night in the hot tub with drinks.
Old Jan 17th 2009, 11:58 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

Party animals rule!!

Long evening drinks pints of some sort of Czech beer beginning with the letter K in the European Bier Cafe in Melbourne.

Was trying to watch the cricket but too slow this morning after the thrilling finish to the one match on Friday night.
Old Jan 18th 2009, 6:55 am
Use time wisely

Darren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Then you do not need to do any sort of interview.
Hi Dorothy,

does that mean i may need an interview?
I'm 43 in june, my wife is not far behind me.
Old Jan 18th 2009, 7:29 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Darren-Debbie
Hi Dorothy,

does that mean i may need an interview?
I'm 43 in june, my wife is not far behind me.
No , as Dorothy said, you will not need to do any sort of interview for a 175.
Old Jan 18th 2009, 10:47 am
JBS
Just Joined

Thanks a lot for all of your help here.

What about 176 or 475 visa?

JBS
Originally Posted by Pollyana
No , as Dorothy said, you will not need to do any sort of interview for a 175.
Old Jan 18th 2009, 12:14 pm
Still alive

Originally Posted by JBS
Thanks a lot for all of your help here.

What about 176 or 475 visa?

JBS
The only visa you would need an interview for is a marriage based one. And then not all applicants require interviews. Any skilled visa DOES NOT require an interview.
Old Jan 18th 2009, 12:23 pm
JBS
Just Joined

Thanks a lot Dorothy for the clarification

Originally Posted by Dorothy
The only visa you would need an interview for is a marriage based one. And then not all applicants require interviews. Any skilled visa DOES NOT require an interview.
Old Jan 18th 2009, 1:31 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

The only visa you would need an interview for is a marriage based one. And then not all applicants require interviews
There does not seem to be any rationale behind whether or not an interview is required. Amost all of our spouse visas (even on-shore) went to interview last year but we did a de facto application which didn't. Logic suggests it ought to have been the other way round.
Old Jan 18th 2009, 4:32 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

There does not seem to be any rationale behind whether or not an interview is required. Amost all of our spouse visas (even on-shore) went to interview last year but we did a de facto application which didn't. Logic suggests it ought to have been the other way round.
Yet anecdotal evidence from posters on here suggests that a very small minority of spouse applciants have been called for interview, and most of them onshore - I only remember a couple over the last 5 years.