Wikiposts

Internal checks?

Old Dec 15th 2004, 12:06 am
Forum Regular

AlexAU is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Internal checks?

I have found out that my CO is on a christmas leave until the beginning of Januray so I sent an email to the region manager and I've got the following response:

"....we have finalised employment checks to our
satisfaction. The last outstanding check is an internal one and with staff
absences over christmas we may slip back BUT your application is on track
at this stage so please be patient a little longer."

What bothers me here is, am I going to have to wait for my CO to come back and eventually finalize my application or there is a chance that someone else takes over. And what is this "outstanding internal check" all about? Is this a good or the bad thing for me in general?

Thanks whoever respond

Alex
Old Dec 15th 2004, 1:44 am
Forum Regular

mohan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Internal checks?

Hi Alex,

I remember having read in another thread that "Internal Checks" are normal procedures done by DIMIA before Visas are granted.Have a feeling that you will get the Grant before Xmas!!
Wish you all the best,
Best Regards,
Mohan

Originally Posted by AlexAU
I have found out that my CO is on a christmas leave until the beginning of Januray so I sent an email to the region manager and I've got the following response:

"....we have finalised employment checks to our
satisfaction. The last outstanding check is an internal one and with staff
absences over christmas we may slip back BUT your application is on track
at this stage so please be patient a little longer."

What bothers me here is, am I going to have to wait for my CO to come back and eventually finalize my application or there is a chance that someone else takes over. And what is this "outstanding internal check" all about? Is this a good or the bad thing for me in general?

Thanks whoever respond

Alex
Old Dec 15th 2004, 2:12 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mohan
Hi Alex,

I remember having read in another thread that "Internal Checks" are normal procedures done by DIMIA before Visas are granted.Have a feeling that you will get the Grant before Xmas!!
Wish you all the best,
Best Regards,
Mohan
thanx Mohan and the same to you.
Just hope what you're saying is true...LOL
I though this is some bad thing, this internal check..whatever it is

Cheers
Old Dec 15th 2004, 3:29 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AlexAU
I though this is some bad thing, this internal check..whatever it is

Cheers
It could well be a security or background check. The complexity of these depends on your nationality, countries of previous residence and a range of other factors - you just have to be patient for now.

Jeremy
Old Dec 15th 2004, 5:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JAJ
It could well be a security or background check. The complexity of these depends on your nationality, countries of previous residence and a range of other factors - you just have to be patient for now.

Jeremy
But, is this "internal" checking a usual thing for all applicants or I am one of the "LUCKY" winners?! LOL

Cheers