Interim Medicare card

Old Jul 27th 2020, 8:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Michael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Interim Medicare card

My wife and I have been advised by Centre link to renew our Interim Medicare cards online (we have to renew them every year) because of Covid 19. This I have done but have also been advised the replacement cards could take up to 6 or 8 weeks to be processed. Would we still be covered by Medicare as our cards expire on 01/08/2020 ?
Old Aug 10th 2020, 8:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Michael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Interim Medicare card

Maybe there we are the only ones waiting for PR to find ourselves in this position as I've received no replies.

Last edited by Michael74; Aug 10th 2020 at 8:37 am. Reason: Typo
Old Aug 27th 2020, 3:54 am
Just Joined

warrenlmilton is an unknown quantity at this point

If you have successfully completed the forms online and they are accepted then you cover starts from that point
Old Aug 27th 2020, 1:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by warrenlmilton
If you have successfully completed the forms online and they are accepted then you cover starts from that point
Thanks for your reply, you are right. My wife had to attend Lakes Imaging in Geelong today, I explained that our cards had expired and were wating for new ones but the rebate was paid immediately to my bank.