Initial Entry... then...

Old Jan 16th 2010, 3:16 pm
Just Joined

cind3r3lla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Initial Entry... then...

hi all,

we're WA-state sponsored, visa was granted nov 2009 and will make our initial entry this 2nd quarter of 2010. however, we plan to permanently settle after 2 years.

question: should we constantly visit Oz? like if we enter by April 2010.. we should come be back in Australia for another visit before April 2011? would there be a problem if we pay a visit after more than 12 months?

thanks
Old Jan 16th 2010, 3:22 pm
Banned

Ozwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to all
Default Re: Initial Entry... then...

Originally Posted by cind3r3lla
hi all,

we're WA-state sponsored, visa was granted nov 2009 and will make our initial entry this 2nd quarter of 2010. however, we plan to permanently settle after 2 years.

question: should we constantly visit Oz? like if we enter by April 2010.. we should come be back in Australia for another visit before April 2011? would there be a problem if we pay a visit after more than 12 months?

thanks
Your PR visa is good for five years and all you need to do is to enter prior to latest entry date as advised and as you intend to for validation.

You can come and settle in 2-3-4 years time if you want to.
All you'll need to do once the initial 5 year period expires is to get a Residents Return Visa for travelling out of Australia and back in again, RRVs also good for nominally 5 years.
Once you take citizenship out, you'll need an Aussie passport.
Old Jan 16th 2010, 4:39 pm
Forum Regular

ThKmOZ has a spectacular aura aboutThKmOZ has a spectacular aura aboutThKmOZ has a spectacular aura about

I think Australian PR don't have Identity Card (ID Card), it is.
Old Jan 16th 2010, 5:23 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ThKmOZ
I think Australian PR don't have Identity Card (ID Card), it is.
A visa stamp in passport is the normal way to prove status. There are others.
Old Jan 16th 2010, 5:24 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

hi all,

thanks
http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Visa_Validation-Australia

You should also stay in touch with your sponsoring state. If you stay away too long and your visa expires, you will have a problem.
Old Jan 17th 2010, 2:49 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Ozwanderer
Your PR visa is good for five years and all you need to do is to enter prior to latest entry date as advised and as you intend to for validation.

You can come and settle in 2-3-4 years time if you want to.
All you'll need to do once the initial 5 year period expires is to get a Residents Return Visa for travelling out of Australia and back in again, RRVs also good for nominally 5 years.
Once you take citizenship out, you'll need an Aussie passport.
thanks for all the comments. i thought i need to be in Oz before the 12th month after our initial entry.

anyhow, so we will be there in April. we passed through the immigration at the airport in Brissy and then? how do we notify WA that we did entered the Australian soil?

also, from the wiki link provided above, it is okay to open a bank account in Brissy eventhough we will be settling in Perth after 2 years? or do you suggest that we skip this step for now? thanks.
Old Feb 24th 2010, 9:24 am
Just Joined

^i would like to bump my question again.

how do i contact my sponsoring state when i will be doing my initial entry in QLD...?

thanks.
Old Feb 28th 2010, 2:33 am
JAJ
Retired

^i would like to bump my question again.

how do i contact my sponsoring state when i will be doing my initial entry in QLD...?

thanks.
The documentation you must already have from the sponsoring state will show contact details. Otherwise use google or the DIAC site to find their website.