Wikiposts

Initial Entry Date/Medical Expiry Date???

Old Feb 1st 2003, 10:50 pm
Forum Regular

Daffy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Initial Entry Date/Medical Expiry Date???

Hello everyone. I have been accessing this site for a few months now and have found answers to all my emigration questions so far by searching the forum.

I'm at the pre-grant stage and a bit confused about the Initial Entry Date.

From what I have read, normally the Initial Entry Date is either the expiry date of Medical or Police Cert (whichever expires the soonest). Our Medicals are dated 20 November 2002, Police Cert December 2002 but the Initial Entry Date is 20 June 2003.

We are not moaning at all. Just a bit stressed out as to how we will finish the house and sell it before this date. No worries, we'll go - just that is it quite normal to have I.E. Date 5 months before Medical runs out??

Thanks
Old Feb 2nd 2003, 1:17 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Initial Entry Date/Medical Expiry Date???

Originally posted by Daffy
Just a bit stressed out as to how we will finish the house and sell it before this date.
I'll leave it to the migration agents who have answered such queries to give you a detailed explanation as to why your initial entry date is 6 months from the expiration of your medicals/police checks.

However, you should note that you need not migrate by the initial entry date. A simple visit to Australia would suffice. This visit will ensure that your PR visa is not at a risk of lapsing by way of breach of the enter-by condition on your visa.

You may then return to the UK, settle all your business, and then fly back to Oz for the permanent settlement. Of course, this means more miles in your FFP (I prefer to look at the bright side of things).

Peter
Old Feb 2nd 2003, 3:27 am
Forum Regular

Thank you Peter. Yes I know we need not migrate before the IEDate, I just thought maybe they might have made a mistake. Anyhow, still waiting for that visa in passport then fingers crossed off to Adelaide before 20 June.

Good luck to all!
Old Feb 2nd 2003, 4:01 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

... I just thought maybe they might have made a mistake.
Just out of curiosity, were you or any of your family members who are migrating with you (if any) asked to give a health undertaking of some kind?

Peter
Old Feb 2nd 2003, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

Yes Peter, the main applicant. There's 5 of us, 2 adults/3 child. Does the Health Undertaking form have any relevance on the Initial Entry Date?
Old Feb 3rd 2003, 4:25 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

Yes Peter, the main applicant. There's 5 of us, 2 adults/3 child. Does the Health Undertaking form have any relevance on the Initial Entry Date?
That figures - it wasn't exactly a wild guess from me.

If a health undertaking was requested, the initial entry date would be normally 6 months instead of 12 from the expiry of either medicals or police checks. This is mentioned somewhere in the archives, which isn't too easy to search for in this instance.

Peter
Old Feb 4th 2003, 12:47 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Peter. Did a search on health undertaking and got my answer.

Cheers