Initial Entry Date - Can't make it

Old Apr 8th 2012, 6:31 pm
Just Joined

Alex11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Initial Entry Date - Can't make it

Hi,

I just cannot make my Initial Entry date. My case officer has shrouded the whole thing in mistery and said-

'If a visa holder does not meet the initial entry date condition then their visa may be cancelled.'

The key word being may! I might get run over crossing the road and i may win the lottery! Crazy!

Has anyone not made the entry date or does anyone have any experience of this??

I may just loose my mind!

Thanks in advance

Alex
Old Apr 8th 2012, 6:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Shellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Initial Entry Date - Can't make it

They will only extend your initial entry date in exceptional circumstances ie you get run over by a bus and are laid up in hospital with 2 broken legs!

If you don't validate your visa is cancelled! They may not cancel it in circumstances like the above. Not being able to afford it, not being able to leave your job right now etc are not valid reasons for them to consider changing the date.

I was 7 months pregnant and worried about flying and was told that was not reason enough, I went in the end and was fine so they were right. I've personally only ever heard of one person having it extended and they used a migration agent and had to get a load of medical evidence. Other people may have heard others who have managed it.
Old Apr 8th 2012, 6:48 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alex11
Hi,

I just cannot make my Initial Entry date. My case officer has shrouded the whole thing in mistery and said-

'If a visa holder does not meet the initial entry date condition then their visa may be cancelled.'

The key word being may! I might get run over crossing the road and i may win the lottery! Crazy!

Has anyone not made the entry date or does anyone have any experience of this??

I may just loose my mind!

Thanks in advance

Alex
.What reason are you giving for not validating in time?
Old Apr 8th 2012, 6:52 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Shellyj
They will only extend your initial entry date in exceptional circumstances ie you get run over by a bus and are laid up in hospital with 2 broken legs!

If you don't validate your visa is cancelled! They may not cancel it in circumstances like the above. Not being able to afford it, not being able to leave your job right now etc are not valid reasons for them to consider changing the date.

I was 7 months pregnant and worried about flying and was told that was not reason enough, I went in the end and was fine so they were right. I've personally only ever heard of one person having it extended and they used a migration agent and had to get a load of medical evidence. Other people may have heard others who have managed it.
Thanks for the info... So it turns out i do need to get run over crossing the road! .
Old Apr 8th 2012, 6:55 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pollyana
.What reason are you giving for not validating in time?
I havent said why yet, only that i can't make it.

The reason boils down to time and money.

I just wondered if anyone had risked it and then found out it isnt that big a deal.... It appears it really is serious.
Old Apr 8th 2012, 7:02 pm
Forum Regular

joojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to all

A friend of mine got PR along with his wife and 2 kids. The husband went before initial entry date but the wife and kids didnt thinking that as they are secondary applicants it wont be a big deal. Guess what, the wife and kids got their visa cancelled. They later had to apply for spouse visa.
Anyways, do NOT risk it. You can even just enter, and later return home on the next flight back.
Old Apr 8th 2012, 7:06 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by joojay
A friend of mine got PR along with his wife and 2 kids. The husband went before initial entry date but the wife and kids didnt thinking that as they are secondary applicants it wont be a big deal. Guess what, the wife and kids got their visa cancelled. They later had to apply for spouse visa.
Anyways, do NOT risk it. You can even just enter, and later return home on the next flight back.
Can you just stay for an hour and then get the next flight back?
Old Apr 8th 2012, 7:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Shellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to behold

Yup, its just going through immigration that validates it. You can then get on the next flight back if you want.
Old Apr 8th 2012, 8:38 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I just wondered if anyone had risked it and then found out it isnt that big a deal.... It appears it really is serious.
It is a big deal. Don't validate and you will probably lose your visa. I asked about the reason because if you post that then you might get more help - just saying you don't think you can make it doesn't give us much to go on
Old Apr 8th 2012, 8:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

It is very serious. If you don't validate you can be almost certain that it will be cancelled.