Initial Entry

Old Dec 26th 2010, 3:03 am
Forum Regular

yamaha777 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Initial Entry

It is true that I can enter Australia with my visa once it is granted?
Anything like "cooling period" before initial entry?

Thanks a lot!!!
Old Dec 26th 2010, 3:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Initial Entry

"Is it true you can enter Australia with your visa once it is granted?"

Err no. Once you get a visa to Australia, you may not enter Australia in any circumstances.

Seriously, what on earth do you mean? Your question does not make any sense.
Old Dec 26th 2010, 3:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yamaha777
It is true that I can enter Australia with my visa once it is granted?
Anything like "cooling period" before initial entry?

Thanks a lot!!!
Yes, as soon as you get your visa you can travel there to validate it. Nothing to wait for. But you do have to be there before the initial entry date that will be displayed on your visa and visa grant letter
Old Dec 26th 2010, 5:37 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Wendy
Yes, as soon as you get your visa you can travel there to validate it. Nothing to wait for. But you do have to be there before the initial entry date that will be displayed on your visa and visa grant letter
I saw ppl saying there is an initial entry date, but I wonder if it means I have to wait till that day to use my visa to enter australia. Glad it is the opposite. Thanks wendy!
Old Dec 26th 2010, 6:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yamaha777
I saw ppl saying there is an initial entry date, but I wonder if it means I have to wait till that day to use my visa to enter australia. Glad it is the opposite. Thanks wendy!
Initial entry date is only important for things like loading on private health insurance (if you're over 30 then it costs extra but as a new migrant you have 12 months from arriving to take it out without penalty), or the date you will be eligible for Citizenship. Thing like that.
Old Dec 26th 2010, 5:00 pm
Forum Regular

capetosydney will become famous soon enoughcapetosydney will become famous soon enough

Initial entry date is only important for things like loading on private health insurance (if you're over 30 then it costs extra but as a new migrant you have 12 months from arriving to take it out without penalty), or the date you will be eligible for Citizenship. Thing like that.

No points for you, I'm afraid
Only purpose of initial entry date in grant letter is to specify by which date visa holder has to enter the country, and it is usually within one year of medical or police clearance, which ever occurred last.
One has to enter Oz not necessarily to settle, but at least for holiday, to 'activate' visa.
Old Dec 26th 2010, 10:53 pm
Forum Regular

Tye68 is just really niceTye68 is just really niceTye68 is just really niceTye68 is just really niceTye68 is just really niceTye68 is just really niceTye68 is just really niceTye68 is just really niceTye68 is just really niceTye68 is just really niceTye68 is just really nice

Originally Posted by capetosydney
Only purpose of initial entry date in grant letter is to specify by which date visa holder has to enter the country, and it is usually within one year of medical or police clearance, which ever occurred last.
One has to enter Oz not necessarily to settle, but at least for holiday, to 'activate' visa.
I think it is which ever occurred FIRST
Old Dec 26th 2010, 11:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by capetosydney
Erm, that's what I said

I didn't go into great detail I know but I answered the question that was asked.
Old Dec 27th 2010, 4:47 am
Forum Regular

Erm, that's what I said

I didn't go into great detail I know but I answered the question that was asked.

Thank you very much for all the answers from you guys !!!!
Old Dec 27th 2010, 5:06 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tye68
I think it is which ever occurred FIRST
It is, its the older date that is used.
Old Dec 27th 2010, 12:19 pm
Just Joined

sadeb is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm planning to go for a one week holiday early February just to validate my visa; but I'm not quite sure about the validation procedure. Are they going to issue any document to confirm my permanent residency starting date or is it gonna be just the stamp on my passport?
Old Dec 27th 2010, 12:56 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sadeb
I'm planning to go for a one week holiday early February just to validate my visa; but I'm not quite sure about the validation procedure. Are they going to issue any document to confirm my permanent residency starting date or is it gonna be just the stamp on my passport?
You will get a stamp in your passport when you go through Immigration. thats all you ever get
Old Dec 27th 2010, 6:50 pm
Just Joined

sadeb is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you Pollyana
Old Dec 27th 2010, 10:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

Initial entry date doesn't affect health insurance loading as that is triggered by first date of residency so you can validate with a holiday then not return for 4 years and your date for private health loading will be the date you arrived to live and became eligible for medicare (4 years after the inital entry date in this case)