information from GP

Old Feb 11th 2004, 11:25 pm
Forum Regular

jaruky is an unknown quantity at this point
Default information from GP

what experiences have people had getting their medical history from their GP?

we have medicals next week and the GP (well the receptionist!!) is indicating £50 each (5 of us) for copies of info!!!!

seems extreme to me - i thought it was dataprotection now and only a reasonable admin fee could be charged? similar to the police checks - £10 would be reasonable, but not £50.......

anyone had similar difficulties?

Jaruky
Old Feb 12th 2004, 8:48 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of
Default Re: information from GP

Originally posted by jaruky

we have medicals next week and the GP (well the receptionist!!) is indicating £50 each (5 of us) for copies of info!!!!

seems extreme to me - i thought it was dataprotection now and only a reasonable admin fee could be charged? similar to the police checks - £10 would be reasonable, but not £50.......

Jaruky

I spoke to my doctor direct, explained that I might need a letter, she said fine she will do it for nothing. Does the receptionist think you want the whole file?
Old Feb 12th 2004, 11:49 am
Visa'd Up Dutch Member

flying dutchman will become famous soon enough

although its a little way off yet that i will want to get hold of copies of my file, my doc is also charging £50 for the priveledge!

complete rip off!

flying dutchman
Old Feb 12th 2004, 1:03 pm
Forum Regular

Muzzman is an unknown quantity at this point

Jaruky
We just got printouts of the kids history (jabs etc) from the receptionist while we waited, no charge. This was basically their complete history and was all we needed for the meds. Do you need all of your medical histories??

Muzzman
Old Feb 12th 2004, 2:27 pm
Forum Regular

The request from medical place in manchester was for all past surgery records etc, and that computor printouts are not sufficient.

It seems silly that some want different info than others and that GPs can charge what they want?

I guess it's just another cost to add to it all - ah well, wheres that credit card????

JARUKY
Old Feb 12th 2004, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

Muzzman is an unknown quantity at this point

The request from medical place in manchester was for all past surgery records etc, and that computor printouts are not sufficient.

It seems silly that some want different info than others and that GPs can charge what they want?

I guess it's just another cost to add to it all - ah well, wheres that credit card????

JARUKY
Where in Manchester - that's where we had ours done (Dr Million).

Muzzman
Old Feb 13th 2004, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

thats the one - how was it..........read some horror stories on the search about some medicals!!
Old Feb 13th 2004, 10:01 pm
Forum Regular

swiss tony is an unknown quantity at this point

Not sure if you are aware of this but it is not something you are required to have?

I've even had recent (3 years ago) back surgery and the doctor doing the med didn't even need or want records or letters from anybody. I even phoned to check beforehand and was told unless it was within a year or so it would not be seen as relevant.

HTH, regards,

ST
Old Feb 13th 2004, 10:34 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by swiss tony
Not sure if you are aware of this but it is not something you are required to have?

I've even had recent (3 years ago) back surgery and the doctor doing the med didn't even need or want records or letters from anybody. I even phoned to check beforehand and was told unless it was within a year or so it would not be seen as relevant.

HTH, regards,

ST
You are right ST
I think they are only interested in Existing or Ongoing conditions.

If you have one you must declare it as you could have your visa withdrawn later if it emerges you were untruthful.

G
Old Feb 16th 2004, 9:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

salonit is on a distinguished road

Where in Manchester - that's where we had ours done (Dr Million).

We had ours done by dr milion but were not asked 4 any medical records! Instead they had delayed sending our medicals to adelaide and made us pick them up and send to oz ourselves ( which is not advisable) esp bad as we had paid them for the courier service.
And you should not have to pay for your medical records!!!! maybe a small admin fee but certainly not 50 squid! whos this thieveing doctor - i want to know as i am a pharmacist and work in stockport for 2 days a week.
Old Feb 17th 2004, 9:58 am
Visa'd Up Dutch Member

flying dutchman will become famous soon enough

[And you should not have to pay for your medical records!!!! maybe a small admin fee but certainly not 50 squid! whos this thieveing doctor - i want to know as i am a pharmacist and work in stockport for 2 days a week. [/QUOTE]

The doc is in southampton. In fact, when you enter our surgery, there is a sign on the wall highlighting the fact they charge £50 for medical records. Must have a lot of patients who are after their records! Maybe everyone is trying to leave this sh*thole of southampton!

Don't think i'll bother when the time comes. I'm young and fit and don't really have any existing conditions I will need my records for. Not at that price anyway!