Informal apprenticeship?

Old Oct 2nd 2007, 8:16 am
Forum Regular

allthejs is a name known to allallthejs is a name known to allallthejs is a name known to allallthejs is a name known to allallthejs is a name known to allallthejs is a name known to allallthejs is a name known to allallthejs is a name known to allallthejs is a name known to allallthejs is a name known to allallthejs is a name known to all
Default Informal apprenticeship?

Hi everybody, not much of a poster but I read everything I can

Hoping somebody might be able to help because I am still a novice with things, but learning all the time!

We have recently passed the TRA and sent our visa application off so we are well on the way. We have friends who have become extremely interested in doing the same thing, but their problem is that he was doing an informal apprenticeship with a company, served four years of on job training, and the company went bust before he got confirmation of his training (going back maybe 20 years now) Things went bad between him and his boss because of this and they have never been in touch since.

What I was wondering is if they have any chance of actually applying for Oz or is their dream dead before it gets started?

Thanks ever so much for all information received

Jacky xx
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 11:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

scrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud of
Default Re: Informal apprenticeship?

Originally Posted by allthejs

Hoping somebody might be able to help because I am still a novice with things, but learning all the time!

We have recently passed the TRA and sent our visa application off so we are well on the way. We have friends who have become extremely interested in doing the same thing, but their problem is that he was doing an informal apprenticeship with a company, served four years of on job training, and the company went bust before he got confirmation of his training (going back maybe 20 years now) Things went bad between him and his boss because of this and they have never been in touch since.

What I was wondering is if they have any chance of actually applying for Oz or is their dream dead before it gets started?

Jacky xx
bump
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 12:17 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by allthejs

Jacky xx
Hi Jackie,

No-one knows exactly what an informal apprenticeship is - I had quite a frustrating time trying to pin the TRA people down on this question at a seminar in Sydney last Friday, but it's certain that your friend would need to have the specified formal training whether using Pathway B or Pathway C; whether he can find alternative proof is very much a question of evidence, which would depend on the circumstances.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Oct 4th 2007, 1:07 am
Forum Regular

allthejs is a name known to allallthejs is a name known to allallthejs is a name known to allallthejs is a name known to allallthejs is a name known to allallthejs is a name known to allallthejs is a name known to allallthejs is a name known to allallthejs is a name known to allallthejs is a name known to allallthejs is a name known to all

Thanks for the reply George

Will let my friends know what you have said.

Jacky xx
Old Oct 4th 2007, 1:14 am
Just Joined

Rae Marks is an unknown quantity at this point

I did pin the TRA down to what an informal apprenticeship was last Friday. In some countries there is a formal apprenticeship (indenture) contract signed and a completion certificate given at the end of the apprenticeship. In other countries there is a formally recognised apprenticeship system but it doesn't have the contract, this is an 'informal apprenticeshp'. TRA knows which countries have these type of systems.

It isn't correct to think that just because you did some on the job training that this will be accepted as an informal apprenticeship, it must be the system of that country.

Hope this helps clarify things