Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Info on procedure for medical submission to DIMIA

Info on procedure for medical submission to DIMIA

Old Sep 4th 2004, 6:01 am
Forum Regular

victorgreen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Info on procedure for medical submission to DIMIA

Hi All,

I am an January 2004 skilled independent applicant & would like to send my medicals (without request from DIMIA). On visiting DIMIA site two forms 26A & 160A were found. However those forms can only be used if applying from within Australia.

Can anybody suggest where the medical forms for apllicants from outside australia can be found (downloaded) & whether on this form the sign & seal of doctor is to be taken & sent to DIMIA.

Or is it that sign & seal is to be taken ONLY on the forms sent by DIMIA?

As i would be paying a huge sum for medicals I dont want the amount to be wasted & as such require advice.

Also I would like to know from those who have received request for medicals from DIMIA whether they received hard copy of medical forms or were given some URL & asked to download the forms from there?

Kindly help by answering

Regards,

Victor
Old Sep 4th 2004, 6:30 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice
Default Re: Info on procedure for medical submission to DIMIA

Originally Posted by victorgreen
Hi All,

I am an January 2004 skilled independent applicant & would like to send my medicals (without request from DIMIA). On visiting DIMIA site two forms 26A & 160A were found. However those forms can only be used if applying from within Australia.

Can anybody suggest where the medical forms for apllicants from outside australia can be found (downloaded) & whether on this form the sign & seal of doctor is to be taken & sent to DIMIA.

Or is it that sign & seal is to be taken ONLY on the forms sent by DIMIA?

As i would be paying a huge sum for medicals I dont want the amount to be wasted & as such require advice.

Also I would like to know from those who have received request for medicals from DIMIA whether they received hard copy of medical forms or were given some URL & asked to download the forms from there?

Kindly help by answering

Regards,

Victor
Hi,

(depending on your visa type) you can get them from the AHC in your country of submission. On assumption you're applying from the UK, you can get the forms by doing the below. You then need to go to a DIMIA approved doctor. Dont forget your meds only have 12 months validity!

To get the forms you need to email the below address, stating name, postal address, type of visa applied for, how many copies of the forms you need & the age of each applicant.
[email protected]
Old Sep 4th 2004, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

victorgreen is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Thanks for the info. After medical examination are the forms handed to us or posted directly by the doctor?

Also along with PCC are any forms to be filled up (like 26 & 160 for medicals)

Regards,

Victor
Old Sep 4th 2004, 9:27 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally Posted by victorgreen
Hi,

Thanks for the info. After medical examination are the forms handed to us or posted directly by the doctor?

Also along with PCC are any forms to be filled up (like 26 & 160 for medicals)

Regards,

Victor
Depends on your doctor. The blood test takes about 7 days to come back anyway, so you wouldnt get the results on the day regardless. Some doctors will send them to you, others will only send them direct to DIMIA.

To get a PCC just go into your local police branch and ask for a form. They'll know what you want. (some counties have them online, so you could check this first)