INDIAN APPLICANTS

Old Nov 24th 2008, 8:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

caliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: INDIAN APPLICANTS

Originally Posted by Joannec2014
There is a whole thread on this forum that has been going for well over a year where 6,000 plus applicants for PR from around the World have been put on hold as a result of some of your compatriots actions. These applicants did absolutely nothing wrong and still don't know if they will ever get their visas - See:

http://abandonskip.blogspot.com/2007...isa-fraud.html

and

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=555044

It is reasons like this that make India High Risk it is essential that Australia protect itself from criminality and fraud, for us all including everyone posting here.

Good luck and hopefully you will be on your way to Australia soon!!!
Corruption and fraud is a national problem in India and there is nothing our fellow forum members from India can do about it. If you look at the Transparency International curruption index, India ranks quite low among all the countries, 85th.

http://www.transparency.org/policy_r...dices/cpi/2008

Again, there are some honest people as well and I hope they get their visas soon.
Old Nov 24th 2008, 8:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

msi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nice

Originally Posted by caliburn
I have read somewhere that Bangladesh has made remarkable improvements in reducing corruption in recent times. It jailed most of the corrupt politicians (including former prime minister) and businessmen. The BBC article you have quoted is 4 years old. However, from what you have written, it seems that Australia makes a distinction between corruption and fraud. While Bangladesh used to top the most corrupt list, I guess India tops the most fraud list. This might explain why Australia does not have a working holiday arrangement with India.
Corruption covers all kinds of fraud (public or private). A country cannot be be considered corrupt without any incidents of fraud and forgery. Bangladesh has always been ahead (and presently ahead) of India is the list most corrupt nations (ranked 147 compared to 85)

http://www.transparency.org/policy_r...dices/cpi/2008

The Aussies have a WHV with Bangladesh, but not with India.

A person's nationality can be HIGH RISK, however, he/she could have all qualifications and work experience in a LOW RISK country. However, Aussies tag all applicants by their nationality.

Many applicants have been living in US, UK for several years - still tagged as High Risk because of their citizenship.

One of my friends from India converted himself to LOW RISK after acquiring Singapore citizenship in just 3 years - (1 year to become PR, 2 years to become citizen) and got Australia PR in less than 6 months - these Aussies are blinded by applicant's nationality

Last edited by msi geek; Nov 24th 2008 at 9:08 pm.
Old Nov 24th 2008, 9:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

caliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by msi geek
Corruption covers all kinds of fraud (public or private). Bangladesh has always been ahead (and presently ahead) of India is the list most corrupt nations (ranked 147 compared to 85)

A person's nationality can be HIGH RISK, however, he/she could have all qualifications and work experience in a LOW RISK country. However, Aussies tag all applicants by their nationality.

Many applicants have been living in US, UK for several years - still tagged as High Risk because of their citizenship.

One of my friends from India converted himself to LOW RISK after acquiring Singapore citizenship in just 3 years - (1 year to become PR, 2 years to become citizen) and got Australia PR in less than 6 months - these Aussies are blinded by applicant's nationality
I hope you will also be able to convert yourself to LOW RISK like your friend by being an Australian citizen soon. Wish you the very best.
Old Nov 24th 2008, 9:04 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Corruption covers all kinds of fraud (public or private). Bangladesh has always been ahead (and presently ahead) of India is the list most corrupt nations (ranked 147 compared to 85)

Again, if you are so concerned with the racism toward Indians you perceive Australia has, why are you so eager to emigrate here? I would think that you would want to live somewhere that you don't perceive the government to be so "blinded by applicant's nationality".
Old Nov 24th 2008, 9:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

msi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nice

With the exception of the following countries, all other countries are HIGH RISK. Strange - Malaysia is considered low risk - lot of corruption there.

Andorra
Austria
Belgium
Brunei
Canada
Denmark
Finland
France
Germany
Greece
Hong Kong (SAR)
Iceland
Ireland
Italy
Japan
Liechtenstein
Luxembourg
Malaysia
Malta
Monaco
The Netherlands
Norway
Portugal
Republic of San Marino
Singapore
South Korea
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
Taiwan*
United Kingdom - British Citizen
United Kingdom - British National (Overseas)
United States of America
Vatican City
Old Nov 24th 2008, 9:23 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Why won't you answer my question? If you are so concerned that Australia is racist against Indians why do you want to move there?
Old Nov 24th 2008, 9:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Again, if you are so concerned with the racism toward Indians you perceive Australia has, why are you so eager to emigrate here? I would think that you would want to live somewhere that you don't perceive the government to be so "blinded by applicant's nationality".
Engineers from India are doing extremely well in Australia. With setting a foot in Australia, I received two job offers (over 100K/annum) from reputed Aussie companies - it is a different story that I could not take up those jobs because of lengthy visa processing times being from a HR country.

As per the recent DIAC report, Indians have overtaken Brits in skilled migrant category.

The policies and attitudes of Australian Govt. need to change with the times.

Australia has traditionally been the retirement base of British/Irish people - a very mono cultural society. In recent times, they have allowed other nationalities - but a "no trust" attitude still prevails.
Old Nov 24th 2008, 9:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Why won't you answer my question? If you are so concerned that Australia is racist against Indians why do you want to move there?
Living in NZ, some of my closest friends are Aussies - it is just that DIAC can do better without this Nazi style tagging of people.

The people can be very welcoming, the govt. can be just the opposite.

Recruiters from Australia call me frequently asking my availability and visa status - it is diificult to explain them - this "HIGH RISK" phenomenon.
Old Nov 24th 2008, 10:01 pm
Forum Regular

starwin4u is just really nicestarwin4u is just really nicestarwin4u is just really nicestarwin4u is just really nicestarwin4u is just really nicestarwin4u is just really nicestarwin4u is just really nicestarwin4u is just really nice

im also from a high risk country,

But, what i feel is, its a gud rule to devide in to 2 groups as HR & LR, because as we know most of the people wants to migrate to australia,

some of them show false documents as qualification ( sorry to say this) in one country (HR) we can buy a University Digree for just 200 A$, there was a big case for this issue.

So they also migrate and real qualified person also migrates, so whats the diffrence between both, fraud also will get the job cz of the Digree Certificate, but he will spoil the party (JOB),

the answer for this giving to the qualified guy, he wont be hired by the any of the Firms becasue no one knows which is the true digree,

so, I dont think its wrong, they are ristricting to get only real qualified people to their country, thats the fact,

I know lot negative comments will come after this, but, i spoke the truth, the real scenario of the HR Countries.

WinZi
Old Nov 24th 2008, 10:32 pm
Forum Regular

starwin4u is just really nicestarwin4u is just really nicestarwin4u is just really nicestarwin4u is just really nicestarwin4u is just really nicestarwin4u is just really nicestarwin4u is just really nicestarwin4u is just really nice

Please dont advice about my english, this is not a english class or an interview to speak and write fluently, its a forum to discuss

WinZi
Old Nov 24th 2008, 10:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

man_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to behold

Living in NZ, some of my closest friends are Aussies - it is just that DIAC can do better without this Nazi style tagging of people.

The people can be very welcoming, the govt. can be just the opposite.

Recruiters from Australia call me frequently asking my availability and visa status - it is diificult to explain them - this "HIGH RISK" phenomenon.

There is no Nazi style of tagging of people in Australia..... If you feel as if you are going to be discriminated against then do not come here..... and dont be kidding yourself in thinking that in India the standard of Engineering is better or more advanced than anywhere else.... thats not true I am an Engineer supervisor dealing with medical equipment in my team there are

2 Germans
5 Aussies (1 is the Manager)
1 Kiwi
1 Pom
2 South African (1 Supervisor)
1 Yank
1 Irish (supervisor)

The fact that its medical equipment (X-Ray MRI etc) there is no room for error hence no Indians, Its more or less the same across the competitor companies.

My recruitment friend says that companies are paying a premium for Engineers that are native english speakers, or schooled in Australia or 'similar country' as a polite way of saying we dont want people from ceratin other countries.

I have attended interviews with my Manager on several occasions and some of these people sit and tell us blatant lies, So I understand why that is so.

So don't kid yourself mate I have been in Australia for the past 3 years and there are a lot of Indians working in servo/Petrol stations because Engineering & IT experience in India is NOT the same as experience in Australia.

I am just stating my personal experience.

And a reminder Permeant Residency & a good job are both a privilege no one gets it handed on a plate just because they have some fantasy that one particular country is going through some sort of economic or technical boom.

Keep it Real
Old Nov 24th 2008, 11:18 pm
Forum Regular

your 1005 true, if they think its nazi style why would they apply to migrate to aussie, the beautifull country,

Im ok with the process of immigration because im with true documents and i love to live there atleast oneday before i die,

Thats the fact

WinZi
Old Nov 24th 2008, 11:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by man_called_Horse
There is no Nazi style of tagging of people in Australia..... If you feel as if you are going to be discriminated against then do not come here..... and dont be kidding yourself in thinking that in India the standard of Engineering is better or more advanced than anywhere else.... thats not true I am an Engineer supervisor dealing with medical equipment in my team there are

2 Germans
5 Aussies (1 is the Manager)
1 Kiwi
1 Pom
2 South African (1 Supervisor)
1 Yank
1 Irish (supervisor)

The fact that its medical equipment (X-Ray MRI etc) there is no room for error hence no Indians, Its more or less the same across the competitor companies.

My recruitment friend says that companies are paying a premium for Engineers that are native english speakers, or schooled in Australia or 'similar country' as a polite way of saying we dont want people from ceratin other countries.

I have attended interviews with my Manager on several occasions and some of these people sit and tell us blatant lies, So I understand why that is so.

So don't kid yourself mate I have been in Australia for the past 3 years and there are a lot of Indians working in servo/Petrol stations because Engineering & IT experience in India is NOT the same as experience in Australia.

I am just stating my personal experience.

And a reminder Permeant Residency & a good job are both a privilege no one gets it handed on a plate just because they have some fantasy that one particular country is going through some sort of economic or technical boom.

Keep it Real

India joined the Washington Accord and from year 2009 - when full membership is acquired - all engineering degrees will accepted as equivalent by Engineers Australia.

http://www.washingtonaccord.org/Wash...ignatories.cfm

As far IT industry is concerned, few countries can compete with India. Banks like ANZ, etc., Telstra, Qantas have offshored IT Infrastructure Services to India.

These articles are a nice read:

http://www.computerworld.com.au/inde...74813&rid=-180

http://www.computerworld.com.au/index.php/id;1477753837

Also,there is no margin for error in medical profession.

Hence, India is already the biggest single source of international medical graduates relocating to Australia, which is battling a doctor shortage.

Exam centres to open in India to help recruit doctors

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...013871,00.html

Last edited by msi geek; Nov 24th 2008 at 11:52 pm.
Old Nov 24th 2008, 11:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

man_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to behold

India joined the Washington Accord and from year 2009 - when full membership is acquired - all engineering degrees will accepted as equivalent by Engineers Australia.

http://www.washingtonaccord.org/Wash...ignatories.cfm

As far IT industry is concerned, few countries can compete with India. Banks like ANZ, etc., Telstra, Qantas have offshored IT Infrastructure Services to India.

These articles are a nice read:

http://www.computerworld.com.au/inde...74813&rid=-180

http://www.computerworld.com.au/index.php/id;1477753837

Also,there is no margin for error in medical profession.

Hence, India is already the biggest single source of international medical graduates relocating to Australia, which is battling a doctor shortage.

Exam centres to open in India to help recruit doctors

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...013871,00.html
Not a question of Services its a question of money because India is cheaper, A lot of these large Australian companies are using a contrctor who then sub-contract in India if it all goes pear shaped they still have the back up in Australia.

Yeah and we all know about Dr Haneef

Last edited by man_called_Horse; Nov 25th 2008 at 12:12 am.
Old Nov 24th 2008, 11:56 pm
Forum Regular

We bow our heads for Indian Education and the Knowledge,

but, they cant say australians are going behind nazi rules for migration, thats not true, that cant be true,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.