INDIAN APPLICANTS

Old Nov 22nd 2008, 2:05 pm
Forum Regular

Chris N Lora will become famous soon enoughChris N Lora will become famous soon enough
Default Re: INDIAN APPLICANTS

Originally Posted by Malikkhi
Well u missed the point, why there is a delay in assigning the CO? since all the background checks are done after getting the CO, so there is no point to let the applicants of HR countries to wait that long for CO assignment, if the delay is during the background checks for HR counties that is justified based on ur argument regarding the HR countries.

Cheers
Malik
I think there is a point being missed by you .... Once assigned a CO, it takes more time for the checks to be carried out. Therefore delaying the process time for a CO being assigned to another application.

Chris
Old Nov 22nd 2008, 2:54 pm
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

how did you know background checks are done after CO allocation? is this just an assumption? is it not possible to do checks before being allocated/turned over to the CO?

i think you may want to elevate your concerns to DIAC, they have a complaints webform on the immi site if you want to make a point... otherwise you just have to accept that life is unfair and you just do your best not to feel bored or held back. life should go on and in the meantime you should involve youself in productive endeavors to occupy your time. you should have been made aware of the backlogs and slower processing when you applied. if you wanted to migrate earlier you should have applied much earlier. you just have to wait then because there's a queue especially from Aug'07 and whether you like it or not the processing for high risk countries' citizens are much longer.

if you feel that australia is discriminating against you, why would you want to go there in the first place? why not stay where you are right now?

immigration is a privilege and not a right.
Old Nov 22nd 2008, 2:54 pm
Forum Regular

vlooi is a jewel in the roughvlooi is a jewel in the roughvlooi is a jewel in the roughvlooi is a jewel in the roughvlooi is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Blame it on the fact that there are more checks to be done for high risk countries, not a white Australia policy.
I agree as I am white (by the way) and still claimed as a candidate from a high risk country and like somebody else said it is due to fraudulent actions from our fellow countrymen!
Old Nov 22nd 2008, 3:01 pm
Forum Regular

Chris N Lora will become famous soon enoughChris N Lora will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by commonwealth
how did you know background checks are done after CO allocation? is this just an assumption? is it not possible to do checks before being allocated/turned over to the CO?

i think you may want to elevate your concerns to DIAC, they have a complaints webform on the immi site if you want to make a point... otherwise you just have to accept that life is unfair and you just do your best not to feel bored or held back. life should go on and in the meantime you should involve youself in productive endeavors to occupy your time. you should have been made aware of the backlogs and slower processing when you applied. if you wanted to migrate earlier you should have applied much earlier. you just have to wait then because there's a queue especially from Aug'07 and whether you like it or not the processing for high risk countries' citizens are much longer.

if you feel that australia is discriminating against you, why would you want to go there in the first place? why not stay where you are right now?

Thank you commonwealth, i agree with what your saying and you are absolutely correct... It is a privilege and not a right.

Chris
Old Nov 22nd 2008, 3:02 pm
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

honestly, i am sick and tired of people playing the race card whenever they are inconvenienced or unsuccessful. (i'm asian by the way). if you believe it's racism (white australia policy blah blah blah) that's causing the delay i suggest you look for another place to migrate to, maybe try canada or US or UK or somewhere else, or just stay where you are. maybe australia is not for you.

my visa was delayed because i'm from an HR country and they did additional checks. did i complain? no, because i was into productive endeavors while waiting. i knew it was gonna be slow and i expected it, and i had better things to do than rant. in the end i got my visa, and i'm happy that while waiting i learned new skills, earned more money and thus became more prepared for my eventual move to Oz.

Last edited by commonwealth; Nov 22nd 2008 at 3:09 pm.
Old Nov 22nd 2008, 4:34 pm
Forum Regular

PuneetGaba is just really nicePuneetGaba is just really nicePuneetGaba is just really nicePuneetGaba is just really nicePuneetGaba is just really nicePuneetGaba is just really nicePuneetGaba is just really nicePuneetGaba is just really nicePuneetGaba is just really nice

Ok Guys lets not make it a HR vs LR contest. There is already one going in India at the moment.... HR(India) vs LR(England) and for a change HR seems to be coming out with Flying colours.(no offences guys...all said in good harmony).

On a serious note though, we guys need to realize that DIAC has 5 Regions where applications are allocated and India belongs to Region 1(just wanna add that some Indian applicants have been assigned c/o's from Region 3 too of late). So DIAC takes its own time to finalize a particular application from region 1 before moving on to the next application, and the time taken is much more because of the longer security checks and integrity checks for HR applicants. On the other hand a c/o from another region handling LR applications doesn't take much time moving on to the other application as it takes much...much lesser time for him/her to undertake security checks of a LR applicant.

I hope i have cleared the doubts arising in the minds of Indian applicants regarding waiting for a c/o for a much more longer time. I know its tough to wait for such a long time as it puts one's life plans on hold, but in the end its worth it guys so just cheer up and not let this waiting get on to u.

But before i finish i request the moderators to correct me in case i made a wrong statement somewhere.

Cheers.
Old Nov 22nd 2008, 5:33 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=PuneetGaba;6999350]Ok Guys lets not make it a HR vs LR contest. There is already one going in India at the moment.... HR(India) vs LR(England) and for a change HR seems to be coming out with Flying colours.(no offences guys...all said in good harmony).

LOL, whatside am I on I am half Indian/English ???
Old Nov 22nd 2008, 10:15 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commonwealth

Truer words are rarely spoken. I always wonder too why people would want to give up their entire lives to go to a country where they feel they are discriminated against before they even get there!

And yes, Immigration is a privilege and Australia has every right to process their applications in whatever way they see fit.
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 8:49 am
BE Enthusiast

caliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by PuneetGaba
Ok Guys lets not make it a HR vs LR contest. There is already one going in India at the moment.... HR(India) vs LR(England) and for a change HR seems to be coming out with Flying colours.(no offences guys...all said in good harmony).

On a serious note though, we guys need to realize that DIAC has 5 Regions where applications are allocated and India belongs to Region 1(just wanna add that some Indian applicants have been assigned c/o's from Region 3 too of late). So DIAC takes its own time to finalize a particular application from region 1 before moving on to the next application, and the time taken is much more because of the longer security checks and integrity checks for HR applicants. On the other hand a c/o from another region handling LR applications doesn't take much time moving on to the other application as it takes much...much lesser time for him/her to undertake security checks of a LR applicant.

I hope i have cleared the doubts arising in the minds of Indian applicants regarding waiting for a c/o for a much more longer time. I know its tough to wait for such a long time as it puts one's life plans on hold, but in the end its worth it guys so just cheer up and not let this waiting get on to u.

But before i finish i request the moderators to correct me in case i made a wrong statement somewhere.

Cheers.
PuneetGaba, thanks for sharing this info on allocation by region. How can I get more details on distribution of countries by region? Whats your source of information?

Most of the posts that I am seeing on this thread are opinions, not facts. You are the only one who could shed some light on the reasons for delay in CO allocation for high risk countries. What you said seems logical and makes good sense.
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

zidane2 is an unknown quantity at this point

India contributes maximum to the immigration to Australia.. some 10,000 odd last year..... so Australia is not unfair on Indians...30 VISAs per day is a good number...

I feel ,As regards to security checks, people holding professional qualifications and who are comfortable on points front...say 130-140 points have lesser worries....Security checks are more of a concern for border line cases...
Indians applicants are favoured only because of our higher qualifications...and as u can c maximum weight in 120 points is for education...

Ultimately.. VISAs are a play of destiny...

So guys lets play the waiting game patiently....and allow our destinies to take its own course....
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 10:11 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zidane2
India contributes maximum to the immigration to Australia.. some 10,000 odd last year..... so Australia is not unfair on Indians...30 VISAs per day is a good number...

I feel ,As regards to security checks, people holding professional qualifications and who are comfortable on points front...say 130-140 points have lesser worries....Security checks are more of a concern for border line cases...
Indians applicants are favoured only because of our higher qualifications...and as u can c maximum weight in 120 points is for education...

Ultimately.. VISAs are a play of destiny...

So guys lets play the waiting game patiently....and allow our destinies to take its own course....
It doesn't matter if you have 120 or 200 points as far as DIAC is concerned. So long as you meet the 120 minimum points. No more weight is given to those with more.
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 10:36 am
BE Enthusiast

caliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Truer words are rarely spoken. I always wonder too why people would want to give up their entire lives to go to a country where they feel they are discriminated against before they even get there!

And yes, Immigration is a privilege and Australia has every right to process their applications in whatever way they see fit.
I guess a number of factors play a role in people's migration decision such as economic prospects, lifestyle, weather, cost vs. quality of living, safety, security etc. While people do appreciate the good things about Australia, some also don't forget to comlain about a few bad things as "perceived" by them. For people from developing countries, I would tend to think that migration decisions are largely driven by prospects of better financial security. Personally, I lived in Sydney for couple of years. Its an extremely multicultural city and I have not seen much of a discrimination anywhere. Sometimes I felt that there more Chinese than Australians in Sydney.

On right vs. privilege... I am more inclined to think of it as a privilege on both sides. Australia is privileged to have access to the much needed skills for its own economic development. On the other hand, migrants have the potential to get what they aspire for. In any case, migration should not be viewed as a favor done by one party to the other. Even the processing of immigration is done in exchange for a fee. Ultimately, it takes the form of an economic exchange and puts responsibility on DIAC to behave exactly as it communicated to applicants through published materials.

I was puzzled by the fact that CO allocation was faster for some countries while DIAC claimed that applications are processed in date order. Someone on this thread explained that there are five Regional divisions in ASPC with each responsible for specific group of countries. If, for example, all Indian applications are processed in Region 1 and UK in Region 2, there will be a difference in processing time between Indian and UK applicants, even if the applications are processed in a date order by the respective Regions. This, off course, assumes that Region 1 and Region 2 have the same number of COs allocated.
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 2:20 pm
Forum Regular

PuneetGaba is just really nicePuneetGaba is just really nicePuneetGaba is just really nicePuneetGaba is just really nicePuneetGaba is just really nicePuneetGaba is just really nicePuneetGaba is just really nicePuneetGaba is just really nicePuneetGaba is just really nice

[QUOTE=Chris N Lora;6999476]
Originally Posted by PuneetGaba

LOL, whatside am I on I am half Indian/English ???
Its easy Chris N Lora. Do what Samit Patel's doing. He's Indian by origin, but playing for England. Since he can't support India directly, so he's bowled some pathetic overs, given away lots of runs and hence contributed towards India's win indirectly and that is until KP took note of it(threw him out of the playing eleven).

Bottom Line: Support India.
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 2:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

letusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really nice

DEAR BUDDIES,
KINDLY REMOVE HATRED FROM YOUR HEARTS. WE ALL WILL BE MOVING TO A NEW COUNTRY. I PERSONALLY BELIEVE GENERALLY PEOPLE MIGRATE FOR SAKE OF HAPPINESS. AS RIGHTLY SAID:
WE SHOULD CONSIDER IMMIGRATION AS A PRIVILEGE AND NOT A RIGHT.

WE NEED TO HAVE PATIENCE AS EVERYONE WILL GET CASE OFFICER. I HAD STARTED THIS THREAD FOR HARMONY AMONG PEOPLES. KINDLY LOVE EACH OTHER

GOD BLESS EVERYONE
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 4:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by caliburn
PuneetGaba, thanks for sharing this info on allocation by region. How can I get more details on distribution of countries by region? Whats your source of information?

Most of the posts that I am seeing on this thread are opinions, not facts. You are the only one who could shed some light on the reasons for delay in CO allocation for high risk countries. What you said seems logical and makes good sense.
Here are the links mate.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=441876

http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/visa...fessionals.htm

Infact, i should have posted them before, but hopefully it should clear a lot of doubts.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.