INDIAN APPLICANTS

Old Dec 3rd 2008, 1:54 pm
His Excellency

fifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud of
Default Re: INDIAN APPLICANTS

Originally Posted by man_called_Horse
Well I was not quoting what you said, If you could look back over the last few post you can plainly see I was quoting someone else.

And I cannot understand why anyone from a HR country should be given a rebate, over the last 3 1/2 years I have worked in Australia paid $98000 in tax, and contributed the remainder $225000 on the every day living in Australia.

Also I have not sent any money to family or friends overseas, I have contributed to the Australian economy and have claimed no benefits, I had to pay the application same as everyone else ....$2105... So why should someone from a HR country be entitled to a rebate?

I would say I have more right to get a rebate than someone who has yet to prove their value to Australia.
I would assume that you've already claimed the advantage of the 'contribution' you've made to Australian Economy by claiming points for 'AUSTRALIAN WORK EXPERIENCE' (because you had to wait 3.5 years to arrive at the pass mark of 120 ? ) That gives you an advantage over everyone who hasnt proved their value to Australia as yet, but have expressed their desire to do so. 'Australian' work experience does give you extra points.

I was merely commenting on 'VALUE FOR MONEY' and that because LR applicants get quicker response (in terms of CO Allocation, again, dont get me wrong and go on about the checks), they obviously get better value out of the money they pay as immigration fee. How can you not agree?

Say, for example, you go to your hairdresser for a haircut and your asked to take a seat and wait your turn. How would you feel if another person walks through the door and is served straight away ? Again, the time taken to complete the job is a different matter.. (and please don't say the other person might have called ahead and booked an appointment, just to argue)
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 2:41 pm
Forum Regular

romeosd is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by newjersey
How can that be, if an operation, a background check for argument sake, on a person from EU or the US takes hours and same check on an indian person takes several months? Or you are trying to suggest that others have to be penalized by having their already processed applications waiting in the bin just to keep someone happy? It is what it is, it ain't going to change - even if there will be 1000s more posts on here alleging unfair treatment.

NJ
You are the same person I had such argument before
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=571122

For the current post you took only the first statement of my post and ignored the remaining 10 lines which gives an example of Canada & New Zealand.

Please try to think in both sides, it doesn't mean that DIAC is a govermental authority and people here are applicants so those people are completely wrong and DIAC is perfect.

Again nothing is perfect, may be coming president for Australia will have a point view that this DIAC country based processing system is racist.Who knows?

People here originally from UK have many posts claiming that OZ immigration system is better than UK current ones.

So please keep in mind that you cannot bring the whole people in the world on one opinion, and it is very hard to judge if your point of view is correct.

But generally you will find most of the people have a positive and negative sides in their opinions which we need to respect.

For your post, you are asking , suggesting and I did nothing of this, it is your own conclusion and understanding.

Relax
Romeo

Originally Posted by romeosd
Did you hear that applictions getting delayed from KSA ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by newjersey
Oh, why, did you hear that there will be no visa granted until July, 2012? Or, perhaps there is no reason to spread unfounded rumours? I'd personally hate to see another thread turning into discussion about discrimination based on national origin, so PLEASE, if you ever do this again, put a link to an open-source reputable agency where this can be independently verified.
NJ

I am really not talking about discrimination, and if so why I would waste my time and money to immigrate for a place of discrimination, I am looking for better life for me and my family and I am not thinking that way at all. Becuase I hope to be in a safe place with minimum criminals, freedom and everyone has the right to do anything as far as he is not hurting others and with the respect to the country's rule

However, I am asking this question taking into consideration that not all high risk countries are the same , this is a conclusion which I am not certain of and that's why I am asking other's opinions and experiences, for example I found on austimeline.com, people specially from IRAN waiting for more than 2 years.

Moreover, I believe that a goverment like UAE- Dubai for example will respond faster to DIAC inquiries more than other countries, as Dubai is trying to utilize modern technologies in their e-goverment and they are quiet arranged.

So please consider that posting in forums cannot convey the tone people are writing with, and for my post I didn't see something hurting anybody, it was simple question which many people asked it and I am collecting answers to come up with a figure of expectation.

And with no doubt nothing is perfect and there is no place in this world with no discrimination, but life has things more important to think of, and I hope to be away from people who always attacking others and push them to think of discrimination.

Romeosd
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 4:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

letusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Of course it is a privilege. Australia reviews each case and decides whether to grant you the privilege of living here. Being a skilled person does not give you the right to migrate, only the right to apply.
Dear Pollyana,
Will you be kind enough to tell as to how are we going to know that DIAC has allocated CO for our case? Do DIAC intimate us/our migration agent and on an average how much time is required for grant of VISA after allocation of CO.
Contacted MARA regd. Migration agent -06.08.2008; IELTS Exam- 30.08.2008, IELTS:Cleared with band 7.5 - 12.09.2008; CDR submitted to Engineers Australia - 29.9.2008, Skill assessment recieved from Engineers Australia - 04.11.2008, Lodged Online 175 Visa(MODL)- 20/11/2008, NOW WAITING
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 7:04 pm
His Excellency

fifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by msi geek
As mentioned in one of my previous posts, Australian attitude is more like

Every applicant from a HR country is most likely a terrorist
Every applicant from a LR country is most likely an Angel.

Is is not possible that - the very opposite can be true in many cases.

A person from a LR country can do nothing wrong.

Carry the same security checks, background checks, medical checks , education/experience checks for all applicants - LR or HR - visa processing times will always vary depending upon the case complexity even for applicants with the same nationality - SIMILAR TO OTHER FIRST WORLD COUNTRIES - why is Australia acting so different ???

All service standards set by DIAC are classified LR/HR? - how many other first world countries do that???

An American recruting for a Aussie company was surprised to discover such a thing happening even in the 21st century.

Dividing the whole world into HR/LR by DIAC also results in employers dividing all job applicants into HR/LR - obviously many employers lose out on very good applicants because of such policies.

A very big criteria in selection process - possible date of joining - considering the service standards set by DIAC for HR countries - few employers want to even consider HR applicants.

MSI Geek,

While I agree that its a bit unfair on HR applicants to be made to wait (much)LONGER , than LR applicants , don't you think your taking it a bit too far? Using the words 'nazi' 'terrorists' and judging Australian Govt to be Racist, is a rather foolish approach. I wouldn't describe this as 'white australia' or racism for the simple reason that , if that be the case all HR applicants should be refused entry to Australia. Seriously though, calling someone racist when they aren't only goes on to suggest that your racist yourself.

I'd be interested to know if you can express your concerns to your Case Officer, since they would be the only people who can suggest/recommend reforms to the current system.

Personally, I believe that if DIAC do have a valid reason as to why the allocation (not the visa) for HR countries takes much longer, they should publicly declare those reasons, or publish them on their website ? Surely thats not too much to ask for ? After all your paying good money so the services should essentially be the same for ALL.

DIAC website reads 'People our business', but I am sorry to say that not ALL of their customers get equal value for their money.
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 7:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

man_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by fifty_pence
I would assume that you've already claimed the advantage of the 'contribution' you've made to Australian Economy by claiming points for 'AUSTRALIAN WORK EXPERIENCE' (because you had to wait 3.5 years to arrive at the pass mark of 120 ? ) That gives you an advantage over everyone who hasnt proved their value to Australia as yet, but have expressed their desire to do so. 'Australian' work experience does give you extra points.
)
How dare you!! What do you know ....NOTHING!!!! I was intending on returning to my native country because I own land there..... But I fell in love with a Girl and the country and that is why I am making it permanent.

So I am sorry I do not think like a 'clown' like you because unlike you English is my first language, and I did not require to obtain that extra 10 points for Australian work experience. I already had the points available. So you are wrong once again
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 8:26 pm
His Excellency

How dare you!! What do you know ....NOTHING!!!! I was intending on returning to my native country because I own land there..... But I fell in love with a Girl and the country and that is why I am making it permanent.

So I am sorry I do not think like a 'clown' like you because unlike you English is my first language, and I did not require to obtain that extra 10 points for Australian work experience. I already had the points available. So you are wrong once again
How dare I what?

I used the word 'assume' and a '?' which translates to 'do correct me if I'm wrong' .

You've launched an attack on me instead of politely pointing out my mistake?

Or is it just a clever way to disguise the fact that you have no answers for my post?

And for your comment on my language skills - I speak 7 languages, and I can't see how English being your first language makes you a better person ? I am just as comfortable with english, as you are.

You go on to call me a 'clown' because English isn't my first language ? Interesting .. Certainly makes perfect sense.

I did not mean to INSULT you when I ASKED (asked, not stated) you if you had to wait 3.5 years to lodge an application for residency, because you were short of points. I can't see how thats offended you. That was never my intention. You are quite right. I know NOTHING, so I ask.

I am sure you already had points available but why is that even being discussed ? What are you trying to prove ?

Any case, I 'll just say sorry if I stepped on a nerve.

Can we kindly go back to the topic being discussed in this thread?

Take it easy

Thanks
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 9:40 pm
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

What's wrong if someone's first language is not English? I've encountered many native speakers whose grammar and spelling are pathetic
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 9:42 pm
mmmmmm duff

MarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of light

I wonder if working at DAIC is like working in a 3rd line IT support role? We have a queue of tickets that need addressing and we always pick the easy (LR) ones. And only address the harder (HR) tickets once the gaffer has a moan about them.
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 9:59 pm
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

But aren't applications assigned to regions depending on applicants' countries? Is there evidence to suggest that allocation of COs to respective regions is unfair? I think this is a housekeeping issue at the DIAC level, i.e. if they are managing their manpower allocation efficiently and effectively in accordance with their published service standards.
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 10:06 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by letusenjoy79
Dear Pollyana,
Will you be kind enough to tell as to how are we going to know that DIAC has allocated CO for our case? Do DIAC intimate us/our migration agent and on an average how much time is required for grant of VISA after allocation of CO.
Contacted MARA regd. Migration agent -06.08.2008; IELTS Exam- 30.08.2008, IELTS:Cleared with band 7.5 - 12.09.2008; CDR submitted to Engineers Australia - 29.9.2008, Skill assessment recieved from Engineers Australia - 04.11.2008, Lodged Online 175 Visa(MODL)- 20/11/2008, NOW WAITING
If your case officer needs to contact you, you will know that you have one. They do not spend their time contacting you just to say Hi as that would delay processing even further.
As for the second question, you should already be aware that there is no straight answer to that.
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 10:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

man_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to behold

How dare I what?

I used the word 'assume' and a '?' which translates to 'do correct me if I'm wrong' .

You've launched an attack on me instead of politely pointing out my mistake?

Or is it just a clever way to disguise the fact that you have no answers for my post?

And for your comment on my language skills - I speak 7 languages, and I can't see how English being your first language makes you a better person ? I am just as comfortable with english, as you are.

You go on to call me a 'clown' because English isn't my first language ? Interesting .. Certainly makes perfect sense.

I did not mean to INSULT you when I ASKED (asked, not stated) you if you had to wait 3.5 years to lodge an application for residency, because you were short of points. I can't see how thats offended you. That was never my intention. You are quite right. I know NOTHING, so I ask.

I am sure you already had points available but why is that even being discussed ? What are you trying to prove ?

Any case, I 'll just say sorry if I stepped on a nerve.

Can we kindly go back to the topic being discussed in this thread?

Take it easy

Thanks
Ok then you are wrong and I will correct you. I did not attack you.

I never mentioned how speaking English makes you a better person, I just stated that I all ready had the required points because I am a native english speaker and that is worth 10 points (via proof of UK or Irish passport).

I did not require the 10 points work Australian experience because to me they are surplus. You did say that I already benefited from working in Australia from those points.

so what they are SURPLUS POINTS!

I am not trying to prove anything except tell the truth.

I did not call you a 'clown' because you english is not you first langauge I would never say something like that you just took it out of context to suit yourself

If I refer you back to an earlier post you quoted

I do hope I've been able to do a better job of explaining then my previous attempt. But then again perhaps you need to possess a brain yourself to be able to follow a 'clown's logic

I only was stating that benefiting from 10 points for Australian work experience was not my logic but yours. Just they way you stated it.

And for you to sit there and say that I do not possess a brain then you are dreaming.

I was educated in one of the best schools in western europe and obtained an A,B & C in my A-levels,

I then obtained an Engineering Degree in Queens university Belfast a much more respected University than anything in India.

You did not step on a nerve.

You did insult me.

And now I have corrected you, you may continue this thread.

Last edited by man_called_Horse; Dec 3rd 2008 at 11:07 pm.
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 10:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by commonwealth
What's wrong if someone's first language is not English? I've encountered many native speakers whose grammar and spelling are pathetic
Sorry commonwealth I did not say that there is anything wrong with not having english as a first lanuguage, I was just making fifty_pence aware that I automatically get 10 points because I am a native english speaker and I did not require his lousy 10 points for Australian work experience. He just took it out of context because he was losing the argument.
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 11:51 pm
His Excellency

I was just making fifty_pence aware that I automatically get 10 points because I am a native english speaker and I did not require his lousy 10 points for Australian work experience.

MY lousy 10 points ?

And your making me aware that you automatically get 10 points for being a native english speaker? I think its 15 points, and how does that relate to australian work experience anyway?

*bear with me as I chuckle to myself*

whatever are you on about man ? You need to relax a bit and stop taking everything personally.

How did I insult you ? By assuming that you claimed 10 points for australian work experience? Oh get real man!I believe you think that 'claiming points for australian work experience' is a bad thing for some odd reason?

Okay I acknowledge my mistake (misunderstanding more like) now and accept that you did not require those 10 points and they were surplus, and I DO APOLOGIZE again for assuming so. (although again, I had no intention of insulting you).

I hope that makes you feel a lot better.

And for you to sit there and say that I do not possess a brain then you are dreaming.

I was educated in one of the best schools in western europe and obtained an A,B & C in my A-levels,

I then obtained an Engineering Degree in Queens university Belfast a much more respected University than anything in India.

Why do you get all defensive for no reason and start explaining yourself ? Yes, I certainly agree Queens University would be better than most Indian universities, but what does THAT have to do with anything we are discussing here?

As for your claim that I took your words out of context to suit myself let me quote u again. You said, and I quote -

'So I am sorry I do not think like a 'clown' like you because unlike you English is my first language'

I think everything is obvious enough. Lets all take a deep breathe and get on with our lives.

PS: Don't get me wrong but why do I have a hard time believing english is your first language? Wherever did you learn your english? I would expect 'one of the best schools of western europe' to do a better job of teaching you your NATIVE language.

Last edited by fifty_pence; Dec 3rd 2008 at 11:58 pm.
Old Dec 4th 2008, 2:03 am
BE Enthusiast

MY lousy 10 points ?

And your making me aware that you automatically get 10 points for being a native english speaker? I think its 15 points, and how does that relate to australian work experience anyway?

*bear with me as I chuckle to myself*

whatever are you on about man ? You need to relax a bit and stop taking everything personally.

How did I insult you ? By assuming that you claimed 10 points for australian work experience? Oh get real man!I believe you think that 'claiming points for australian work experience' is a bad thing for some odd reason?

Okay I acknowledge my mistake (misunderstanding more like) now and accept that you did not require those 10 points and they were surplus, and I DO APOLOGIZE again for assuming so. (although again, I had no intention of insulting you).

I hope that makes you feel a lot better.

Why do you get all defensive for no reason and start explaining yourself ? Yes, I certainly agree Queens University would be better than most Indian universities, but what does THAT have to do with anything we are discussing here?

As for your claim that I took your words out of context to suit myself let me quote u again. You said, and I quote -

'So I am sorry I do not think like a 'clown' like you because unlike you English is my first language'

I think everything is obvious enough. Lets all take a deep breathe and get on with our lives.

PS: Don't get me wrong but why do I have a hard time believing english is your first language? Wherever did you learn your english? I would expect 'one of the best schools of western europe' to do a better job of teaching you your NATIVE language.

Ok thank you for correcting me yes it is 15 points for a UK or Irish passport, I am very sorry.

I do not think there is anything wrong with my native language which can be either english or irish, but since I now live in Australia I now speak Australian.

Australian is a form of english only using more slang and most words are rounded with an 'o'.

Example: Service Station = Servo
Bottle shop = Bottlo

I hope you are not bagging Australia again.
Old Dec 4th 2008, 2:19 am
BE Enthusiast

msi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nice

Immigration (atleast in the Skilled Stream) is neither a right nor a privilege . It is a mutually beneficial relationship.

Skilled migrants enrich a country and also pay a good amount in taxes every year. In return, they may be entitled to citizenship in the long run.

This thread started on a different note and has taken a different turn.

My biggest concern is because DIAC has divided the entire world into HR or LR countries - so have Australian employers when they shortlist overseas applicants for a job.

Imagine someone finding himself good job/s in Australia - only to discover that a 457 visa sponsorship is not possible because of his HR nationality and the infamous processing times of HR applicants - deters any employer to even think about visa sponsorship - when there is a possibilty that a HR applicant may have all genuine documents and very good character.

England is the mother country of Australia - as all skills shortages can be filled by applicants from England, the Aussies have also allowed other nationalities in recent times. The first preference is and shall always be England - hence all Oz job expos usually take place in England.

Also, there are some strange things happening:

Malaysia is considered a LR country by DIAC, Bangladesh has a work/holiday visa agreement with Oz - makes one laugh.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.