INDIAN APPLICANTS

Old Nov 26th 2008, 12:01 pm
Red pill or Blue Pill?

GOBLIN will become famous soon enoughGOBLIN will become famous soon enough
Default Re: INDIAN APPLICANTS

Originally Posted by pumpkin blossom View Post
By the way, I recon the Indians on our course have probably labelled all English people as smart ass, loud mouthed gits from the two of us on our course.
Just out of curiosity........................why would that be a good thing?
Old Nov 26th 2008, 12:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

It isn't.
Old Nov 26th 2008, 12:12 pm
Red pill or Blue Pill?

Originally Posted by caliburn View Post
Goblin, I have met with travelers (only a few) with both positive and negative views on India. The point I am trying to make is that forum-members with negative views are not ignorant, they just had a different experince than yours. You are so lucky that you had the opportunity to personally know hundreds (how many hundreds, by the way?) of people from around the world who shared with you positive experiences of traveling to India.
I've been travelling since 1996, so I havent kept exact count.

I get your point Caliburn.However my reply was to one forum member in particular who blames the culture for the acts of the few idiots he / she encountered.
Old Nov 26th 2008, 12:17 pm
Red pill or Blue Pill?

It isn't.
Oops I guess I failed to see your tongue poking behind your cheek.

I guess I'm takin this discussion a bit too seriously.
Old Nov 26th 2008, 12:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GOBLIN View Post
I've been travelling since 1996, so I havent kept exact count.

I get your point Caliburn.However my reply was to one forum member in particular who blames the culture for the acts of the few idiots he / she encountered.
Well that can't be me as nowhere have I mentioned the culture being to blame, and I have said that the people I met in India were all lovely, along with other Indian people outside of Australia. I did mention maybe it could be the amount of money they have and maybe they could be used to getting their own way. That certainly isn't saying everyone in the country, just 90% of the Indians on my course!

LOL, you obviously didn't pick up me saying they would think we were smart asses, meaning making smart comments, not being smart lol.
Old Nov 26th 2008, 12:32 pm
Red pill or Blue Pill?

Well that can't be me as nowhere have I mentioned the culture being to blame, and I have said that the people I met in India were all lovely, along with other Indian people outside of Australia. I did mention maybe it could be the amount of money they have and maybe they could be used to getting their own way. That certainly isn't saying everyone in the country, just 90% of the Indians on my course!

LOL, you obviously didn't pick up me saying they would think we were smart asses, meaning making smart comments, not being smart lol.
I wasn't referring to you dear, it's another member who said that.

But hey 90% is pretty shocking. Don't these guys get penalised or something?
Old Nov 26th 2008, 12:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

To tell you the truth the course is a joke, they do seem more worried about keeping the money coming in than the integrity of the course.

One person was caught cheating a couple of weeks ago, they said he had been warned, and then last week on the retest (as punishment for cheating) he and two others cheated in exactly the same way as the last time! This time they say it has definatly been dealt with, but none of us are convinced.

It just keeps happening again and again.
I try to block it out, but when you have studied for a test, and someone else has skipped lessons so then has to cheat, and not very cleverly, it does tend to put you off.

I did realise people would be on the course just to get into the country, as after all, that is why I am on the course, but I hadn't expected them to be so uninterested (that isn't just the Indians). I wish I had just done a mind numbing course like hairdressing really. But hey, only one more year left, and it looks like two of the cheating people on the course will not be there next year as they have not been attending as many classes as immigration say you have to.
Old Nov 26th 2008, 1:20 pm
Red pill or Blue Pill?

To tell you the truth the course is a joke, they do seem more worried about keeping the money coming in than the integrity of the course.

One person was caught cheating a couple of weeks ago, they said he had been warned, and then last week on the retest (as punishment for cheating) he and two others cheated in exactly the same way as the last time! This time they say it has definatly been dealt with, but none of us are convinced.

I try to block it out, but when you have studied for a test, and someone else has skipped lessons so then has to cheat, and not very cleverly, it does tend to put you off.

I did realise people would be on the course just to get into the country, as after all, that is why I am on the course, but I hadn't expected them to be so uninterested (that isn't just the Indians). I wish I had just done a mind numbing course like hairdressing really. But hey, only one more year left, and it looks like two of the cheating people on the course will not be there next year as they have not been attending as many classes as immigration say you have to.
PB
Don't be discouraged though. Students like you are actually benefitting from the course by following the proper course of study. The cheaters are the biggest losers at the end of the day.

What's living in Adelaide like BTW?
Old Nov 26th 2008, 1:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

caliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of light

Yes, whats living like in Adelaide?
Old Nov 26th 2008, 1:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

I love Adelaide. It can be pretty dry though. The lawns look rather sad from now until Autumn.
Obviously coming from the UK anywhere that is bright is going to be an improvment, but I always have liked Adelaide best out of the Ozzie cities.
It it much smaller than places like Sydney and Perth, but I like that.
People are mostly very friendly, but they are terrible drivers, much like the rest of Oz.

And the main thing, there is space! Once we have PR I can't wait to be able to buy a house with a bit of land.

The school we go to is lovely too. It is also a high school, but it is an agricultural one so they have loads of animals, their own vinyard and winery, bee hives, all sorts. I would LOVE to have gone to a school like that when I was young.

If you are into nights out it might not be so much your place (although hubbie seems to do alright).

There seems to be quite a large indian population here, but it does seem to be quite hard to find jobs no matter who you are, but even harder with English not being your first languge. I have met a couple of Indian people with good degrees, driving taxis or working at service stations. It is quite sad. I suppose that is probably true of anywhere in Australia though, they do seem to prefer Ozzie qualifications.
Old Nov 26th 2008, 1:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

caliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of light

I love Adelaide. It can be pretty dry though. The lawns look rather sad from now until Autumn.
Obviously coming from the UK anywhere that is bright is going to be an improvment, but I always have liked Adelaide best out of the Ozzie cities.
It it much smaller than places like Sydney and Perth, but I like that.
People are mostly very friendly, but they are terrible drivers, much like the rest of Oz.

And the main thing, there is space! Once we have PR I can't wait to be able to buy a house with a bit of land.

The school we go to is lovely too. It is also a high school, but it is an agricultural one so they have loads of animals, their own vinyard and winery, bee hives, all sorts. I would LOVE to have gone to a school like that when I was young.

If you are into nights out it might not be so much your place (although hubbie seems to do alright).

There seems to be quite a large indian population here, but it does seem to be quite hard to find jobs no matter who you are, but even harder with English not being your first languge. I have met a couple of Indian people with good degrees, driving taxis or working at service stations. It is quite sad. I suppose that is probably true of anywhere in Australia though, they do seem to prefer Ozzie qualifications.
Wow, Adelaide sounds great! Thanks for sharing this. I'm sponsored by NSW, so I will be spending a couple of years in Sydney first, before perhaps moving to Adelaide or any other city.
Old Nov 26th 2008, 1:53 pm
Red pill or Blue Pill?

I think one of the biggest Advantage Adelaide offers is that property prices are not exorbitant like Sydney or Perth. But I guess that would change in a few years.

Your description of Adelaide is pretty close to the mental image i have of Adelaide. Will definitely visit the place when I'm in Oz next time.
Old Nov 26th 2008, 6:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

letusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really nice

At what prices on an average a two room appartment is available for rent in Adelaide suburbs?
Old Nov 27th 2008, 6:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Ohhh, I have no idea what an average would be.
We are renting a 3 bed house and pay $280 a week. There were cheaper out there, not sure how many now though. Like most places it all depends what you want from a suberb. There are cheaper ones here, but they are not trendy, and have higher crime rates than others...
Old Nov 27th 2008, 9:35 am
BE Enthusiast

letusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really nice

Ohhh, I have no idea what an average would be.
We are renting a 3 bed house and pay $280 a week. There were cheaper out there, not sure how many now though. Like most places it all depends what you want from a suberb. There are cheaper ones here, but they are not trendy, and have higher crime rates than others...
Thanks Will you please tell where are you situated and which areas are the one where crime rate is less. I will be shifting with family thats why I am concerned.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.