British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Increase in Contributory Parent/Aged Parent VACs (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/increase-contributory-parent-aged-parent-vacs-829427/)

TeeTMI Mar 23rd 2014 10:23 pm

Increase in Contributory Parent/Aged Parent VACs

From 22 March 2014, the Migration Regulations 1994 (the Regulations) are amended to increase the visa application charge for Contributory Parent (Migrant) (Class CA) visa and Contributory Aged Parent (Residence) (Class DG) visa to the limit prescribed by the Migration (Visa Application) Charge Act 1997.

Base application charge $3520, second instalment $43,600
http://www.immi.gov.au/About/Pages/l...140322-12.aspx

shalini80 Mar 24th 2014 12:58 am

Re: Increase in Contributory Parent/Aged Parent VACs

Originally Posted by TeeTMI (Post 11187341)
From 22 March 2014, the Migration Regulations 1994 (the Regulations) are amended to increase the visa application charge for Contributory Parent (Migrant) (Class CA) visa and Contributory Aged Parent (Residence) (Class DG) visa to the limit prescribed by the Migration (Visa Application) Charge Act 1997.

http://www.immi.gov.au/About/Pages/l...140322-12.aspx

Hi, I sent the visa application for subclass 143 by post on 20th March and it is expected to arrive sometime this week. I am wondering if anyone knows what happens in this case? Will the application be accepted with as per the old fee structure?

Thanks
Shalini

roaringmouse Mar 24th 2014 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by shalini80 (Post 11187480)
Hi, I sent the visa application for subclass 143 by post on 20th March and it is expected to arrive sometime this week. I am wondering if anyone knows what happens in this case? Will the application be accepted with as per the old fee structure?

The visa lodgement date is the date an application is received by the department. If looks like, from that link, that applications received for the specified categories on or after 22 March will be effected by this change in charges.

George Lombard Mar 25th 2014 5:15 am

Hi Shalini, RM,

Sometimes the Department will accept an application posted in good faith at the fee payable when posted, but it really depends on the policy of the receiving office. You'll just have to wait and see.

And a policy update just in which mentions that the changes apply to when an application is "registered":

Visa Application Charge changes for the permanent Contributory Parent category visas – subclass 143 and subclass 864

Background
On 1 September 2013 increases to the VACs for all subclasses, except certain Student and Tourist visas were introduced. The 1 September 2013 VAC increase was made in accordance with the Economic Statement for the 2013-2014 year released by the government on 2 August 2013.
The new VACs for the Contributory Parent visa (subclass 143) and the Contributory Aged Parent visa (subclass 864) inadvertently exceeded the maximum limit under the Migration (Visa Application) Charge Act 1997 (the VAC Act) and could not be applied. The department took the most beneficial approach to clients and applied the lower 1 July 2013 VAC amounts to applicants applying on or after 1 September 2013.

As a consequence the VAC amounts specified at Schedule 1, for items 1130 and 1130A in Legend were not being charged. There were also several misdescribed sub-subparagraphs in Schedule 1 for items 1130 and 1130A which resulted in different figures in Legend compared to ComLaw.

This issue has now been corrected. On 22 March 2014 the VAC increases intended for 1 September 2013 took effect. The VAC amounts for the Contributory Parent visa (subclass 143) and the Contributory Aged Parent visa (subclass 864) are now within the limits of the VAC Act.

Overview of changes

The changes amend Schedule 1 of the Regulations for the above visa subclasses. These changes took effect from 22 March 2014.

These changes affect all new visa applications registered on or after this date. These changes do not affect any applications received by the department prior to 22 March 2014. There are no VAC changes for the Parent (non-contributory) category visa applications, the Contributory Parent (temporary) (subclass 173) or Contributory Aged Parent (temporary) (subclass 884) visa applications.

Cheers,

George Lombard

kkasunperera Dec 5th 2014 2:50 am

Originally Posted by TeeTMI (Post 11187341)

Increase in Visa Application Charges for Contributory Parent (Migrant) (Class CA) visa and Contributory Aged Parent (Residence) (Class DG) visa in the Migration Regulations 1994

Hi Tee
Me and my sister both have Aussi PR visa, we wish to get our Father and Mother to Australia under Contributory Parent (Migrant) (Subclass 143).

Is 2nd installment for each application? i.e. do we have to pay $43,600 * 2= $87200 as 2nd installment for both Father and Mother?

Bermudashorts Dec 5th 2014 3:05 am

Originally Posted by kkasunperera (Post 11493269)
Hi Tee
Me and my sister both have Aussi PR visa, we wish to get our Father and Mother to Australia under Contributory Parent (Migrant) (Subclass 143).

Is 2nd installment for each application? i.e. do we have to pay $43,600 * 2= $87200 as 2nd installment for both Father and Mother?

Yes, each.