Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Inclusion of dependent after DIAC application lodged

Wikiposts

Inclusion of dependent after DIAC application lodged

Old Feb 22nd 2012, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

imran.arif is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Inclusion of dependent after DIAC application lodged

Can I include any of my dependent after lodging online application with DIAC?
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 6:21 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Inclusion of dependent after DIAC application lodged

Hi Imran,

Yes. There are instructions on the DIAC website at http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...ly-members.htm . Read them carefully.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 6:46 pm
Forum Regular

imran.arif is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by George Lombard
Hi Imran,

Yes. There are instructions on the DIAC website at http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...ly-members.htm . Read them carefully.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Thanks George.

I had visited this link earlier. But it's little confusing. Actually, I have a plan for a provisionsal 475 visa. I want to know if i can add any dependent after i lodge my DIAC application (means before it is finalised).
Information on the page is confusing in the sense that incase of provisional visa application, it says u can add family members if u already hold a provisional visa. While incase of PR application, it mentions u can add members until ur application is finalised.

What u get from that. Please advise.
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 9:05 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by imran.arif
Thanks George.

I had visited this link earlier. But it's little confusing. Actually, I have a plan for a provisionsal 475 visa. I want to know if i can add any dependent after i lodge my DIAC application (means before it is finalised).
Information on the page is confusing in the sense that incase of provisional visa application, it says u can add family members if u already hold a provisional visa. While incase of PR application, it mentions u can add members until ur application is finalised.

George already said you can add them. So, add your dependant.
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

H2fusion is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by imran.arif
Thanks George.

Here is the link:

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...ondary-app.htm

Good luck!
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 9:16 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Guys to be fair to the OP it's a strange anomaly that a 475 application doesn't allow the same flexibility which permanent skilled visa applicants enjoy. Depending on the circumstances he may decide to just lodge a second 475 application including his partner; the alternative is to wait for the first visa to be granted and then apply for a second 475 just for the partner.

No-one has a clear idea why DIAC persists with imposing such a drafting oversight particularly at a time when they're encouraging temporary migration.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Mar 9th 2012, 2:29 am
Just Joined

nishanil is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi George,

i got link on this thread via pollyana.... George, my husband got his visa under sc475. Despite of me getting included in his visa application, i wasnt asked for any documents. Before applying for visa, we had updated his status as married... and we were expecting to get asked for my ielts, medical and police reports but to our surprise without any inquiries his visa got finalized.
Can that be possible that they directly grant his visa without asking for my documents?
Old Mar 10th 2012, 6:44 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

Hi Nisha,

It's most likely you weren't eligible for the visa - for example not holding a visa or not being onshore when he lodged the application. First step of course is to check with DIAC to see if they made some sort of an error, but don't bank on it.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Mar 14th 2012, 4:21 pm
Just Joined

Hi George,

How are you? Well i went through the application form and what had happened was that, when applying for visa we werent married and so there was no point of me being included in that visa but at the time of sending them his medical documents and police reports, we had updated his status as married by using form 1022 and we were hoping to get asked for my documents. So now as his visa has already been granted, what should be our next step....!!!
Old Mar 20th 2012, 11:24 pm
Just Joined

Hi George,

I know you are busy, i wish you could take out little time for me and suggest me.
Old Mar 20th 2012, 11:37 pm
Forum Regular

joojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to all

Originally Posted by nishanil
Hi George,

I know you are busy, i wish you could take out little time for me and suggest me.
I need you need to get help from a MARA agent OFFICIALLY.
Old Mar 21st 2012, 12:17 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi George,

If you want George to help you personally you are going to have to hire him. You can contact him at his office. Expect to pay for his service.
Old Mar 21st 2012, 1:53 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi George,

You have a tricky case and George is in business. He gives a lot of help on here for free but if you really want help specifically from him on a detailed matetr you should contact him direct - his details are in his signature. that's what i meant originally - you need to hire an agent.