Wikiposts

Immunisation Records

Old May 3rd 2005, 6:18 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Immunisation Records

We had our meds done last week and the doctor asked for copies of our immunisation records since birth. We changed GP's about a month ago and our records are 'in transit' but our old GP says the only immunisation records they have are some jabs we had a couple of years ago for a holiday in Mexico.

Looking through threads on here, it seems some people get asked for those records and others don't, so does this just depend on the doctor you visit or is there an actual DIMIA requirement?

I thought all the jabs you have as a child were for childhood illnesses?
Old May 3rd 2005, 7:03 am
Forum Regular

NikkiGriff has a spectacular aura aboutNikkiGriff has a spectacular aura aboutNikkiGriff has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Immunisation Records

Originally Posted by wmoore
We had our meds done last week and the doctor asked for copies of our immunisation records since birth. We changed GP's about a month ago and our records are 'in transit' but our old GP says the only immunisation records they have are some jabs we had a couple of years ago for a holiday in Mexico.

Looking through threads on here, it seems some people get asked for those records and others don't, so does this just depend on the doctor you visit or is there an actual DIMIA requirement?

HI I know what you mean.

Sorry no answer but got letter informing us of docs we need to bring with us for meds. (Manchester doctor).

We have not just changed docs over the year but health auth as well. This doc wants exact records not GP printouts! The kids have always been fully up to date, but GP says can't find exact record......same old story seem to move from one panic to another!

Nikki x
Old May 3rd 2005, 7:48 am
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold

Im sure that it is NOT a DIMIA requirement regarding the immunisation records but if there was a problem or more info was needed (which im sure will not be the case), then DIMIA will ask.

i wouldn't lose sleep over it.

Rob

Old May 3rd 2005, 7:56 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rob Morton-Jone
Im sure that it is NOT a DIMIA requirement regarding the immunisation records but if there was a problem or more info was needed (which im sure will not be the case), then DIMIA will ask.

i wouldn't lose sleep over it.

Rob
Cheers Rob. I hope you're right. Maybe our records will turn up anyway and then there's no problem but if not, the docs will have to send off our meds as they stand and we'll hope for the best.
Old May 3rd 2005, 8:01 am
Forum Regular

caroledouglas has a spectacular aura aboutcaroledouglas has a spectacular aura aboutcaroledouglas has a spectacular aura about

Hi just to say when we got our medicals done there was no request for immunisation records. Only wanted letter from our GP stating what jags our 4 year old had. That was it, no mention of us. Dont think it is a requirement.
Carole
Old May 3rd 2005, 9:32 am
Living our dream!!

fozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nice

Originally Posted by caroledouglas
Hi just to say when we got our medicals done there was no request for immunisation records. Only wanted letter from our GP stating what jags our 4 year old had. That was it, no mention of us. Dont think it is a requirement.
Carole
Us too we forgot to give them to the panel doc and he just said "oh well, I've sealed them now not a problem" I hope not we still haven't heard anything about the visa and its been 8wks since the meds and we haven't had any request for extra info either, so hopefully its not an issue.

Michelle
Old May 3rd 2005, 9:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Rabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by fozzie
Us too we forgot to give them to the panel doc and he just said "oh well, I've sealed them now not a problem" I hope not we still haven't heard anything about the visa and its been 8wks since the meds and we haven't had any request for extra info either, so hopefully its not an issue.

Michelle

I am a bit confused here. I can't for the life of me see why the panel Dr would ask for these routinely. If they were the treatment for a significant condition that you had declared on the form then yes but to be frank, the records of your jabs do not form part of the medical crieria set by the migration regulations. I would turn up with what you can get so as not to get up his/her nose but as for any detrimental effects resulting I wouldnt worry about it. The criteria is quite clear. Unless there is a specific place on the form to routinely record this sort of info don't sweat over it. (and as you know there is not)

Hope this sets your mind at rest

Rob
Old May 3rd 2005, 7:20 pm
What's happening dudes?

Originally Posted by Rabc
I am a bit confused here. I can't for the life of me see why the panel Dr would ask for these routinely. If they were the treatment for a significant condition that you had declared on the form then yes but to be frank, the records of your jabs do not form part of the medical crieria set by the migration regulations. I would turn up with what you can get so as not to get up his/her nose but as for any detrimental effects resulting I wouldnt worry about it. The criteria is quite clear. Unless there is a specific place on the form to routinely record this sort of info don't sweat over it. (and as you know there is not)

Hope this sets your mind at rest

Rob
I agree with you here. Maybe they ask for them routinely, just in case anything shows up in your blood tests, so assuming mine are clear there shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks for your replies all
Old May 4th 2005, 2:49 am
What's happening dudes?

I've just spoken to the administrator at the centre where we had our meds and explained the difficulties I'm having getting hold of immunisation records. She told me that there is no DIMIA requirement for them but they have a standard appointment confirmation letter asking for them because they are required for NZ medicals. Phew! That's a weight off.