Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Immigration and Vetassess for Hospitality Management Degree Holders

Immigration and Vetassess for Hospitality Management Degree Holders

Old Nov 24th 2013, 6:30 am
Just Joined

John Henry is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Immigration and Vetassess for Hospitality Management Degree Holders

Hi I am trying to immigrate to Australia. My VETASSESS results came back with a negative outcome saying I do not qualify for the Hotel , Motel Manager 141311.

I have a Degree in International Hospitality Management from UK, and a Swiss Higher Diploma in Hotel and Restaurant Management, which required a year management trainee internship. I also did part time work in Switzerland alongside studies.

Right now I am working in Reservations in a hotel for almost 3 years now, in a supervisory role.

Can anyone guide me please on how to get this VETASSESS right? I been working in hospitality for almost 7 years now, including my studies, and I cannot seem to understand why I am not worthy of immigrating to Australia under the Hotel, Motel Manager 141311, skilled occupation.

What more I need to do? I have the skills, language, plus a high level education decreed by Her Majesty!

Please if anyone with a hotel degree who has managed to reach Australia, and let me know how to do it as well. I need a place to settle down and start a better life.

Even if there are similar occupation level people who managed to the reach land of down under, please pitch in!
Old Nov 24th 2013, 6:46 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Immigration and Vetassess for Hospitality Management Degree Holders

Originally Posted by John Henry
..I cannot seem to understand why I am not worthy of immigrating to Australia under the Hotel, Motel Manager 141311, skilled occupation.
Possibly because a Reservations Supervisor is not a hotel manager?
Old Nov 24th 2013, 7:09 am
Just Joined

John Henry is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, thank you Nicky, I get that, but I oversee reservations and direct them, so it is part of the job description as per ANSZCO standards. No one gets to be a general manager or hotel manager after they graduate, they have to work and gain experience, but if you have the education that tailors to be a hotel manager with proper education, I believe it should qualify, as already we are knowledgeable of the job and experienced vocationally in each department, we developed a solid know how.
Old Nov 24th 2013, 8:47 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by John Henry
Yes, thank you Nicky, I get that, but I oversee reservations and direct them, so it is part of the job description as per ANSZCO standards. No one gets to be a general manager or hotel manager after they graduate, they have to work and gain experience, but if you have the education that tailors to be a hotel manager with proper education, I believe it should qualify, as already we are knowledgeable of the job and experienced vocationally in each department, we developed a solid know how.
You need to be able to satisfy all of the ANZSCO criteria, so maybe once you have reached the level of manager for sometime you could try again

It doesn't matter if you believe the education is enough - most skills assessments require work experience at a skilled level
Old Nov 24th 2013, 10:14 am
Just Joined

RCane is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't panic... there is always a way if you stick it through. Go through the reasons why it got rejected the first time and make your re-application according to what they ask.
There is a large majority of people who tailor their job description according to respective ANZSCO description ( who knows what happens behind the curtains).
Old Nov 24th 2013, 10:18 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RCane
Don't panic... there is always a way if you stick it through. Go through the reasons why it got rejected the first time and make your re-application according to what they ask.
There is a large majority of people who tailor their job description according to respective ANZSCO description ( who knows what happens behind the curtains).
That's not good advice. In fact, it sounds like you're advocating that the original poster lies.
Old Nov 24th 2013, 10:21 am
Just Joined

In vast reality of cases, that's what happens...it's called learning the tricks of the trade
Old Nov 24th 2013, 10:22 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

In vast reality of cases, that's what happens...it's called learning the tricks of the trade
No, it's called fraud. DIBP aren't stupid - but people who lie and cheat are.
Old Nov 24th 2013, 10:30 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Blimey, this website is a real eye opener
Old Nov 24th 2013, 10:32 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by paulry
Blimey, this website is a real eye opener
You got that right
Old Nov 24th 2013, 10:32 am
Just Joined

First of all, I never wrote to lie or cheat as you are inferring.

Secondly, DIPB has nothing to do with assessing the skills assessment-VETASSESS does and it is them you have to convince that your job description closely lies with the ANZSCO description and for this you have to read between the lines and address it in the application.
Old Nov 24th 2013, 10:34 am
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Location: Leschenault WA (after few locations around WA and Around Europe!)
teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute

Secondly, DIPB has nothing to do with assessing the skills assessment-VETASSESS does and it is them you have to convince that your job description closely lies with the ANZSCO description and for this you have to read between the lines and address it in the application.
But theirs isn't?! OP is a supervisor, not a manager and there's no way around that?!!
Old Nov 24th 2013, 10:39 am
Concierge

What you said was to have a look the reasons he was rejected, and then write up his application again including those things. If he had the required skills and experience, he'd have included those in his first application!

Anyway, I notice you've just joined and these are your first posts - knock yourself out.
Old Nov 24th 2013, 12:36 pm

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Actually, you do appear to be encouraging the OP to lie. That is how your post comes across. Lying to gain the skills assessment is fraud. As is using a skills assessment gained under false pretences to obtain a visa. So DIBP would be interested in that. So much so that anyone caught obtaining their visas fraudulently are likely to be subject to a three year ban under the fraud PIC.
Old Nov 24th 2013, 12:44 pm

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

A general reminder to anyone reading this thread. Please do not encourage people to be dishonest in any aspect of their applications. BE does not condone or tolerate the encouragement of fraud.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.