Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

I'm getting Married!, Evidencing turnaround

Wikiposts

I'm getting Married!, Evidencing turnaround

Old Jul 2nd 2004, 11:46 am
Just Joined

gerardcullen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I'm getting Married!, Evidencing turnaround

I'm getting married in August, and am planning to pick up my visa evidencing in London. Only thing is that I don't want to stay in england for 10 days, I wanna go on my honeymoon. Could people please let me know how long their postal evidencing took with the AHC in london? Any answers would be great.

Cheers,
Ger.
Old Jul 4th 2004, 10:00 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice
Default Re: I'm getting Married!, Evidencing turnaround

Originally posted by gerardcullen
I'm getting married in August, and am planning to pick up my visa evidencing in London. Only thing is that I don't want to stay in england for 10 days, I wanna go on my honeymoon. Could people please let me know how long their postal evidencing took with the AHC in london? Any answers would be great.

Cheers,
Ger.

Sent mine monday afternoon, got in back in the post on Thursday morning
Old Jul 4th 2004, 10:12 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

What visa are you applying for?

Jeremy

Cheers,
Ger.
Old Jul 4th 2004, 11:31 am
Just Joined

Thanks mlbonner!
Anyone else got any suggestions?
Old Jul 4th 2004, 11:34 am
Just Joined

Whoops, missed you post Jem, I've already had a BN (skilled indep) granted, and now need to jump through the hoop of leaving the country, which happens to coincide with getting married. Possibly the only person on the site bemoaning a propmt grant of visa! Anyhoo, I'm trying to find out how lond most people take to get their visas evidenced by london by mail....
Gerard.
Old Jul 4th 2004, 10:50 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

From what it sounds like, you haven't had your visa granted yet - just a pre-grant.

You should not be getting married before you *validate* your visa, if that was granted to you as a single person. Marriage is a change of circumstances, and any change of circumstances before validation is of interest to DIMIA.

On top of that, have you been living with your partner already - if you've been in a de-facto relationship for 12 months she should already be included on your application, unless she's an Australian citizen or PR already.

Going to Auckland to get your visa granted is an alternative if you want to validate your visa sooner - obviously this has a cost which you need to weigh up.

I also recall the form 47SK has a question asking if you are engaged to be married (although a fiancee is not considered a spouse unless there is 12 months cohabitation).

Jeremy

Whoops, missed you post Jem, I've already had a BN (skilled indep) granted, and now need to jump through the hoop of leaving the country, which happens to coincide with getting married. Possibly the only person on the site bemoaning a propmt grant of visa! Anyhoo, I'm trying to find out how lond most people take to get their visas evidenced by london by mail....
Gerard.