British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Ignore Pommie Bastard (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/ignore-pommie-bastard-97284/)

akq Sep 10th 2002 7:02 am

Ignore Pommie Bastard

Do not respond to the moron.

Don Sep 10th 2002 8:28 am

Re: Ignore Pommie Bastard

Originally posted by akq:
Well I might, as he's starting to post quite informative points, not just anecdote and personal experience (which can have ggod value too.) He's not as rude as he used to be either.

Don

akq Sep 10th 2002 8:32 am

Originally posted by pleasancefamily:

Well I might, as he's starting to post quite informative points, not just anecdote and personal experience (which can have ggod value too.) He's not as rude as he used to be either.

Don
Fair enough mate. But as long as people respond to any of his posts, he will continue to spout his own personal unhappy viewpoint. I've gained a lot of help and insight from many of the "negative Oz" posters. PB is not one of them. His input is negligible and has turned what was once a helpful informative forum into his own personal whinge-fest against humanity.
Perhaps you could respond to him privately if you want to continue a thread with him. The majority of us on this NG do not want him on here. Simple as that.
Cheers,
Tegan

Don Sep 10th 2002 8:44 am

Fair enough mate. But as long as people respond to any of his posts, he will continue to spout his own personal unhappy viewpoint. I've gained a lot of help and insight from many of the "negative Oz" posters. PB is not one of them. His input is negligible and has turned what was once a helpful informative forum into his own personal whinge-fest against humanity.
Perhaps you could respond to him privately if you want to continue a thread with him. The majority of us on this NG do not want him on here. Simple as that.
Cheers,
Tegan
You may not be absolutely correct on the last point, Tegan. There was a recent poll (Pommie Bastard: friend or foe?) and a majority of respondents said they were happy to see PB's posts on the forum.

You can easily make him disappear from the forum if you wish - check out the killfile option, though you'll still see oithers' replies to him quoting or responding to him.

Don

akq Sep 10th 2002 8:54 am

Originally posted by pleasancefamily:

You may not be absolutely correct on the last point, Tegan. There was a recent poll (Pommie Bastard: friend or foe?) and a majority of respondents said they were happy to see PB's posts on the forum.

You can easily make him disappear from the forum if you wish - check out the killfile option, though you'll still see oithers' replies to him quoting or responding to him.

Don
Thanks Don I have already looked into putting him in a "killfile". I did in fact see the poll. What people said was that they would allow him his freedom of speech, because most of the people on here are level-headed fair-minded people. If you took a poll asking how many would breathe a collective sigh of relief if he just shut up and found another group to annoy, the replies I suspect would be very different. There were very few people who actually took part in the "pommie poll". Most of us couldn't be bothered wasting energy thinking about him.
Cheers, Tegan

pommiesheila Sep 10th 2002 9:00 am

Dear akq,

So you are still in London are you??? Well perhaps you'd better stay there. Have you ever wondered why the "negative" posts re Aussie life are from people already here and experiencing it??? Where are all the "God this is a bloody wonderful country" posts (from people who are here in Oz)???

Answer, the dream is just that. A DREAM. I found out the hard way.

Please don't knock PB for his views. I do hope you find happiness here, but until you arrive, I don't feel you are adequately qualified to knock someone's point of view who IS HERE and HAS DONE IT...

akq Sep 10th 2002 9:08 am

Ummmm, Sheila---
In none of my posts have I either stated that I live in London, am originally from London, or that I'm NOT in Australia.
Please do not make assumptions about me without any concrete evidence whatsoever to base it on.
I and numerous others on this forum do not want to ever have to trawl through another one of PB's illegibile "Aussie life sucks" posts.
And for the record, what I, and everyone else here, object to, is not descriptions of negative aspects of life in Australia. It is the manner in which PB has continuously phrased his posts to attempt to belittle and criticise those of us who have chosen to make new lives for ourselves in Australia.

Cheers, Tegan

PS If you want to know my personal circumsyances you only have to ask. Whether I'll answer depends on how you ask.

pommiesheila Sep 10th 2002 9:11 am

Ummmm, Sheila---
In none of my posts have I either stated that I live in London, am originally from London, or that I'm NOT in Australia.
Please do not make assumptions about me without any concrete evidence whatsoever to base it on.
I and numerous others on this forum do not want to ever have to trawl through another one of PB's illegibile "Aussie life sucks" posts.
And for the record, what I, and everyone else here, object to, is not descriptions of negative aspects of life in Australia. It is the manner in which PB has continuously phrased his posts to attempt to belittle and criticise those of us who have chosen to make new lives for ourselves in Australia.

Cheers, Tegan

PS If you want to know my personal circumsyances you only have to ask. Whether I'll answer depends on how you ask.
My dearest akq,

Sincerest apologies for my mistake, only under your name it says "From: London" ...

I'm sure we'd all love to hear about your "personal circumstances", do tell...

akq Sep 10th 2002 9:14 am

Another PS Sheila
There are numerous posts, beautifully written, from the likes of people such as, to name a few:
mike Rogers
Perth Helena
Albaus
Sophia
Colin
adelaidegirl
I will do a search and find some more. they are a few of the many expats who have lived in Australia and love it, despite the negative aspects of it. In fact there are far more posts from people who like it than from those who hate it. And the big difference is that for the people who hate it, all they do is slag it off. The people who love it say why they like it, but then also say, in a well-balanced and calm manner, the aspects that they find undesirable. They all claim that despite these factors they still prefer life in Oz to life in the UK.
Maybe you should do a bit more research on previous posters before you make any more erroneous statements.

Love Tegan

ec2208 Sep 10th 2002 2:59 pm

[QUOTE]Originally posted by pommiesheila:

"Dear akq,
So you are still in London are you??? Well perhaps you'd better stay there."

Who the hell are you to tell someone what they should do?

"Have you ever wondered why the "negative" posts re Aussie life are from people already here and experiencing it???"

Err, let me have a guess, is it because negative people have more time on their hands because they are forever cursing their own misfortune rather than living life.

"Where are all the "God this is a bloody wonderful country" posts (from people who are here in Oz)???"

Those people are too busy with there lives (see above)

"Answer, the dream is just that. A DREAM. I found out the hard way."

Oh well then we should all give up our dreams on the basis that you and the rest of the "grass is always greener" brigade, have failed to change your already negative outlook, despite moving to a new country.

"Please don't knock PB for his views. I do hope you find happiness here, but until you arrive, I don't feel you are adequately qualified to knock someone's point of view who IS HERE and HAS DONE IT"

Actually Tegan, myself and anyone else has adequate qualification to knock PB and his supporters simply on the basis that it is obvious that Australia is not for him, personally. If PB lived in my road I would probably find him unbearable so I am not suprised the Australians he encounters all seem to think the same.

Grub Sep 10th 2002 4:06 pm

Beautifully put for a posting virgin! Keep up the good work!!

"Dear akq,
So you are still in London are you??? Well perhaps you'd better stay there."

Who the hell are you to tell someone what they should do?

"Have you ever wondered why the "negative" posts re Aussie life are from people already here and experiencing it???"

Err, let me have a guess, is it because negative people have more time on their hands because they are forever cursing their own misfortune rather than living life.

"Where are all the "God this is a bloody wonderful country" posts (from people who are here in Oz)???"

Those people are too busy with there lives (see above)

"Answer, the dream is just that. A DREAM. I found out the hard way."

Oh well then we should all give up our dreams on the basis that you and the rest of the "grass is always greener" brigade, have failed to change your already negative outlook, despite moving to a new country.

"Please don't knock PB for his views. I do hope you find happiness here, but until you arrive, I don't feel you are adequately qualified to knock someone's point of view who IS HERE and HAS DONE IT"

Actually Tegan, myself and anyone else has adequate qualification to knock PB and his supporters simply on the basis that it is obvious that Australia is not for him, personally. If PB lived in my road I would probably find him unbearable so I am not suprised the Australians he encounters all seem to think the same. [/QUOTE]