Wikiposts

If you fail TRA.......

Old Feb 8th 2005, 11:51 pm
Forum Regular

midge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant future
Default If you fail TRA.......

do they let you know why you failed, and what more information is needed. Or is it simply a 'fail' stamp on the letter.
Old Feb 9th 2005, 12:29 am
Here at last

Location: Now here in sunny Sandy Beach, near Coffs Harbour, N.S.W.)
TheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really nice
Default Re: If you fail TRA.......

Originally Posted by midge04
do they let you know why you failed, and what more information is needed. Or is it simply a 'fail' stamp on the letter.
We emailed [email protected] and got an email back which 'sort of suggested' where we had gone wrong. But it wasn't a straight answer if that's what you are looking for!
Also don't expect a reply straight away, it took them about 10 days to reply to us. Admittedly when we got the email we managed to suss out where we went wrong.

Good luck.
Old Feb 9th 2005, 12:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Nikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Our TRA application failed a couple of weeks ago. My agent forwarded the letter from the TRA and it stated 2 points on why we failed, one was because our Personal Declaration was not witnessed and the other was no independent evidence to back up my Husbands apprenticeship.

I thought they were to the point and my agent said if there was anything else they were unhappy with it would also be listed.

Hopefully if we can gather enough independent evidence and get our declaration signed then that should be enough!

But I do feel that this whole process is swings and roundabouts!

Good luck.

Nikki
Old Feb 9th 2005, 2:33 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, on ours they said insufficient references.
Old Feb 9th 2005, 5:02 am
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by bridiej
Yes, on ours they said insufficient references.
Same said I sent Personal CV and not work refrences, which I did send but there ya go!

want to find out now, if i reapply do i need a whole new application, or because they keep all applications and back refrence just send new evidence and fee?.

OH Midge, they do let you know what was wrong too, a bulleted letter listing where you fail
Old Feb 9th 2005, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

midge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by paulf
Same said I sent Personal CV and not work refrences, which I did send but there ya go!

want to find out now, if i reapply do i need a whole new application, or because they keep all applications and back refrence just send new evidence and fee?.

OH Midge, they do let you know what was wrong too, a bulleted letter listing where you fail
Oh right, i have emailed the TRA on several occasions, and admittedly emailed the same person all the time and got a quick response, i enclosed one of his emails in our application, because on the form it states that if you are self employed you need three suppliers references, but we only use the one supplier, the TRA man said to put that in the Stat Dec, so we did, but i thought i would enclose his email stating that this would be OK.
Old Feb 9th 2005, 7:15 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by paulf

Paul, it sounds as though it might be worth appealing if you have sent the references.

Otherwise you have to go through a whole new application again...
Old Feb 9th 2005, 10:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

KenJan333 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by midge04
They give you a covering letter advising you that you have failed, together with the AAA assessment form which indicates briefly why you have failed. Our said ' applicant did not provide varifyable evidence of completing the academic component or that the apprenticeship was registered with any authority.'

Don't know if this helps.

Jan