Wikiposts

IELTS Test Results for DIAC

Old Apr 3rd 2012, 9:05 pm
Just Joined

FAIS is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IELTS Test Results for DIAC

Hope everyone of you is in good health.

While I am waiting for the result of skills assessment from VETASSESS, I want to prepare myself for the main application.

Is it true that DIAC requires basic eligibility requirements to be met at the time of application? My issue is that I recieved 7.5, 7.5, 8.5 and 9.0 bands in IELTS last year. I am planning to make another attempt as I need 8 in all four components to get reasonable assurance of positive outcome of my application.

As the time is really short for me, I am just thinking to submit my existing IELTS score sheet with the application, and prepare myself for another attempt to get the required bands (i.e. 8.0 in all components).

Is it possible? or do I need to submit the new test result sheet 'at the time of application'?

The basic eligibility requirement for IELTS is competent English (i.e. 6.0 in every component) which i am already fulfilling.

Your suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Best regards,
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 9:24 pm
Emeritus Senior Minister

Paul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud of
Default Re: IELTS Test Results for DIAC

You need IELTS results BEFORE you submit DIAC application. In DIAC application, you need to enter your IELTS test result number.
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 9:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FAIS
Hope everyone of you is in good health.

While I am waiting for the result of skills assessment from VETASSESS, I want to prepare myself for the main application.

Is it true that DIAC requires basic eligibility requirements to be met at the time of application? My issue is that I recieved 7.5, 7.5, 8.5 and 9.0 bands in IELTS last year. I am planning to make another attempt as I need 8 in all four components to get reasonable assurance of positive outcome of my application.

As the time is really short for me, I am just thinking to submit my existing IELTS score sheet with the application, and prepare myself for another attempt to get the required bands (i.e. 8.0 in all components).

Is it possible? or do I need to submit the new test result sheet 'at the time of application'?

The basic eligibility requirement for IELTS is competent English (i.e. 6.0 in every component) which i am already fulfilling.

Your suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Best regards,
It isn't a good plan.

Yes you could lodge and meet the basic criteria, however if somebody comes along and tots up your points before you have had time to provide a better IELTS result then that is it.

I don't recommend this plan, get the IELTS result you need first.
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 9:52 pm
Just Joined

Many thanks Paul2O and Bermudashorts.

After reading your replies, I believe that I should prepare for IELTS test and try to get the desired scores before June 30th, 2012.

Time is really short for me to prepare for it as English is not my first language. I feel comfortable with reading, writing and listening components. The only one which bothers me is speaking in which I don't get more than 7.5 no matter how hard I prepare.

Anyway, thanks again for your valuable suggestions.
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 10:01 pm
Forum Regular

joojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to all

I dont know what you mean by "reasonable assurance of positive outcome ".
Do you need 8 in all 4 to reach the 65 points mark or are you planning to secure more marks than 65? According to the current system, you just need 65 points, an application with a hypothetical 80 marks would also be treated the same as one with 65 marks.
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 10:19 pm
Just Joined

Thanks joojay,

My case is quite complicated. I passed all the examinations of ACCA in 2006 and became member in August 2007. So I don't know whether DIAC will count the number of years from 2006 or 2007.

To make it more complicated, I recieved a reply from VETASSESS that they consider ACCA equivalent to a bachelor degree. However, I am still not sure whether I will get 10 or 15 points for my qualification (as ACCA is still not a bachelor degree). If DIAC gives me full points, I only need 10 points for my English skills. If they don't, I need full 20 marks.

Hope you now understand my situation.

Best regards,
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 11:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

peaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nice

I can understand your situation cuz I'm also in the same boat.

I had IELTS done with 9,8.5,8,7 but still i am not sure whether the IELTS points will be enough to reach the 65 pointer.

I have two Higher Diplomas and full professional memberships from two charted bodies further I am a final year student of a M.sc program by a world renowned university.

If DIAC considers by education equivalent to a Degree I need just 10 from IELTS which I already have but DIAC thinks otherwise then I need 20 from IELTS.