Old Aug 10th 2012, 3:25 pm
Forum Regular

webbmanjones is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IELTS Test Queensland

Hi

I'm just about to take my IELTS Test

A quick question, if I go for the

Skilled Nominated (subclass 190) visa

Which IELTS test would the state of Queensland like me to take, Academic or General?

Thanks
Mark
Old Aug 10th 2012, 3:43 pm
Forum Regular

asmgx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IELTS Test Queensland

General, it is always General
Old Aug 10th 2012, 3:54 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by asmgx
General, it is always General
No it doesn't have to be. My IELTS was academic because I wanted to get 8.0's, and I'm technically minded so describing data was easy.
Old Aug 10th 2012, 4:04 pm
Forum Regular

interesitng.. 50% 50% any nurses taken it for AUS?
Old Aug 10th 2012, 4:07 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by webbmanjones
interesitng.. 50% 50% any nurses taken it for AUS?
Thousands of nurses have taken it over the years. For nursing the general test is fine.
Old Aug 13th 2012, 10:21 pm
Forum Regular

Hi

Just noticed this on the ANMC online application information document - Skills assement guide

'International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
The requirement is to complete the Academic version of the test and achieve a score of 7 in all four bands of the test in one sitting. The date of the test must be no more than two years prior to lodging the ANMAC skills assessment. Receipt of an original test result directly from the IELTS Testing Centre is required.'

So I guess Academic it is then!
Old Aug 14th 2012, 8:24 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Just noticed this on the ANMC online application information document - Skills assement guide

'International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
The requirement is to complete the Academic version of the test and achieve a score of 7 in all four bands of the test in one sitting. The date of the test must be no more than two years prior to lodging the ANMAC skills assessment. Receipt of an original test result directly from the IELTS Testing Centre is required.'

So I guess Academic it is then!
That's not for the state of Queensland though.
Old Aug 14th 2012, 2:42 pm
Forum Regular

oh but i have to get my skills assessed by the ANMC to work in Queensland right?
Old Aug 14th 2012, 2:56 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

oh but i have to get my skills assessed by the ANMC to work in Queensland right?
As a nurse, yes. However your initial post gave people the impression you were taking IELTS just to get State Sponsorship - thats available in many professions, not just nursing, and the general test is enough for that.
Old Aug 14th 2012, 2:58 pm
Forum Regular

got it thanks