IELTS test and 2 yr restricition

Old Aug 13th 2008, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

lucierainbow is just really nicelucierainbow is just really nicelucierainbow is just really nicelucierainbow is just really nicelucierainbow is just really nicelucierainbow is just really nicelucierainbow is just really nicelucierainbow is just really nice
Default Re: IELTS test and 2 yr restricition

Originally Posted by Flan
I agree - I passed on my first sitting. The subject content that you have to write about can be slightly random - my writing paper was on the benefits of new build houses vs restoring old properties! Then the reading paper was about endangered species and conservation! The tasks themselves are relatively straight forward though. (I did the academic version - I'm not sure how different this is to the general version). There are sample question papers and answer scripts with their scores on the IELTS website - have a look and see what you think.
Hi Flan,
I've had a look at the official IELTS website and can't find example test papers. I may be looking in the wrong place. Could you help direct me to the papers you were talking about please. I'm sitting my IELTS next week and would like a little practice as im aiming for the 25 points for English literacy.

A small warning to other members; i've used hotlinks to IELTS websites (which i've found on here) claiming to have official IELTS pass papers and model answers etc. and the English spelling, punctuation has been appauling 'choise' being used instead of 'choice' etc. So beware these papers have made me more nervous than less. the website i used was www.ielts-exam.net
Old Aug 13th 2008, 1:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Safin
How easy is it for a native speaker with a reasonable education and reasonably good intelligence to pass well enough to get 25 points? OH may well have to do it soon.

Also can you add the extra 10 points to your application if you initially went with the 15 for UK passport only? If so is that true for all visa types?
I'll hold my hands up here and say I failed the first time :curse:

Passed all the sections comfortabley but failed the reading test by 0.5 so am having to retake it again in September. It was the true/false/not given questions that got me so don't take it as a piece of cake.

I'd say the biggest gripe people who I've spoken to have about it is the fact that most of the people running it can barely speak English anyway! In fact the emails I got back confirming my first test were so poor I think I was writing better than that at middle school.

Good luck with it though!
Old Aug 13th 2008, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

Flan is just really niceFlan is just really niceFlan is just really niceFlan is just really niceFlan is just really niceFlan is just really niceFlan is just really niceFlan is just really niceFlan is just really nice

Originally Posted by lucierainbow
Hi Flan,
I've had a look at the official IELTS website and can't find example test papers. I may be looking in the wrong place. Could you help direct me to the papers you were talking about please. I'm sitting my IELTS next week and would like a little practice as im aiming for the 25 points for English literacy.

A small warning to other members; i've used hotlinks to IELTS websites (which i've found on here) claiming to have official IELTS pass papers and model answers etc. and the English spelling, punctuation has been appauling 'choise' being used instead of 'choice' etc. So beware these papers have made me more nervous than less. the website i used was www.ielts-exam.net
Hi Lucie rainbow

here is the link with the sample papers...

http://www.ielts.org/candidates/find...e_samples.aspx

GOOD LUCK!
Old Aug 13th 2008, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

Flan is just really niceFlan is just really niceFlan is just really niceFlan is just really niceFlan is just really niceFlan is just really niceFlan is just really niceFlan is just really niceFlan is just really nice

oh and sample scripts with examiners comments...

ACADEMIC WRITING:
http://www.cambridgeesol.org/teach/i...%20scripts.pdf

GENERAL WRITING:
http://www.cambridgeesol.org/teach/i...%20scripts.pdf

Hope this helps
Flan
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 11:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Malikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really nice

Originally Posted by AndyR
I'll hold my hands up here and say I failed the first time :curse:

Passed all the sections comfortabley but failed the reading test by 0.5 so am having to retake it again in September. It was the true/false/not given questions that got me so don't take it as a piece of cake.

I'd say the biggest gripe people who I've spoken to have about it is the fact that most of the people running it can barely speak English anyway! In fact the emails I got back confirming my first test were so poor I think I was writing better than that at middle school.

Good luck with it though!
Hi Andy i also failed in IELTS by 0.5 in writing, damn the hard luck..........well i am also going to face the IELTS again on 06/09/2008.....now let seee
Regards
Malik
Old Aug 25th 2008, 3:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Malikkhi
Hi Andy i also failed in IELTS by 0.5 in writing, damn the hard luck..........well i am also going to face the IELTS again on 06/09/2008.....now let seee
Regards
Malik
Where you taking it on 6th Sept? Good luck as well!
Old Aug 27th 2008, 8:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Malikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really nice

Originally Posted by AndyR
Where you taking it on 6th Sept? Good luck as well!
I m talking it in Saudi Arabia
Thanks AndR and wish u good luck as well. I just need 6 in 4 parts. In my last test in all 3 partsi scored good but in writing i was failed by 0.5 ....damn it sucks

Regards
Malik