IELTS - T/F/NG Help!

Old Sep 24th 2008, 12:11 pm

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IELTS - T/F/NG Help!

Originally Posted by Malikkhi
Thanx dude for clarification. One of my friend actually get 5.5 in speaking(need atleast 6) and in other parts he scored 7, so i think he may go for recheck for speaking since there are chances for increase in speaking. Moreover in his first attempt he got 7 in speaking
What u say?
Cheers
Malik
I say it is rude to call people you do not know "dude" unless you want to project some kind of image - not appealing in any way really. To answer your question - appeal and see what happens, or resit the test, there is not much choice.
Old Sep 27th 2008, 4:02 am
BE Enthusiast

AndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jaystar
Pants! Oh got 8.5, 8.5. 9 and 6.5 in, you guessed it - reading. So now off to try and rebook him on another asap. Half a mark - how frustrating!

When you eventually get yours AndyR, hope it's okay.

Janexxx

Jane, I'm so sorry for you! I know how you feel so get the resit booked and fingers crossed for next time. Bit of a kick in the teeth isn't it.

I keep checking online but no joy yet, and won't be back from California until Wednesday next week to find out my results

Originally Posted by ozbaz
Got my results back from Dublin yesterday

9.0 Writing
9.0 Speaking
8.5 Listening
7.00 Reading

Relieved is not the word....but I believe the IELTS folk are setting the bar too high on the Reading section.
CONGRATS!! At least you passed though and thats the main thing. Totally agree with you though. When I was doing some practice tests before my resit the other week the misses was watching me reading an article about the different behavior patterns of field mice, and then mating habits of african elephants. She summed it up perfectly in that "you earn £40k a year in IT for 9 years yet you need to do this rubbish to emigrate out of the UK, yet half of the workforce at my place are immigrants who no one can understand...." Doesn't make sense does it...
Old Sep 29th 2008, 12:18 pm
Forum Regular

jaystar has a brilliant futurejaystar has a brilliant futurejaystar has a brilliant futurejaystar has a brilliant futurejaystar has a brilliant futurejaystar has a brilliant futurejaystar has a brilliant future

I know, bit gutting but there you go. Also a bit gutting that you won't get yours until next week! You must be going mad thinking about it. Really, really hope you get the marks.

We are still waiting to hear if OH has got on to the one on 11th October - in the meantime, I'm looking for practise books on the reading section of the test, mainly t/f,ng to see if he can get into the mindset for next time. He did some online ones but they just seemed to confuse him more. Going to see if ebay has anything.

Janexxx
Old Sep 29th 2008, 11:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to behold

I know, bit gutting but there you go. Also a bit gutting that you won't get yours until next week! You must be going mad thinking about it. Really, really hope you get the marks.

We are still waiting to hear if OH has got on to the one on 11th October - in the meantime, I'm looking for practise books on the reading section of the test, mainly t/f,ng to see if he can get into the mindset for next time. He did some online ones but they just seemed to confuse him more. Going to see if ebay has anything.

Janexxx
Yeah I'm going a bit crazy but trying not to think about it too much, should be back on Wednesday evening so will know then.

The books I got were from Borders and were "Cambridge IELTS Book 4" and a "IELTS Practice Exams Book". If I was at home you could have them. If there is a Borders near you pop in an take a look as they have quite a lot.

Also try www.ielts-exam.net as they had some good stuff on, some of which were actually direct from the books I used.
Old Sep 30th 2008, 8:33 am
Forum Regular

jaystar has a brilliant futurejaystar has a brilliant futurejaystar has a brilliant futurejaystar has a brilliant futurejaystar has a brilliant futurejaystar has a brilliant futurejaystar has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by AndyR
Yeah I'm going a bit crazy but trying not to think about it too much, should be back on Wednesday evening so will know then.

The books I got were from Borders and were "Cambridge IELTS Book 4" and a "IELTS Practice Exams Book". If I was at home you could have them. If there is a Borders near you pop in an take a look as they have quite a lot.

Also try www.ielts-exam.net as they had some good stuff on, some of which were actually direct from the books I used.
Thanks, I'll look at that site. Also, have found some stuff on Amazon. Have ordered Cambridge book 6, and 'common mistakes at Ielts and how to avoid them' and 'Tips for Ielts'. If he gets on the date we want (still not heard, grrr) then that should be enough to keep him busy until then as it'll only be a week on Saturday.

Keep thinking LOTS of positive thoughts until you see yours. I'm desperate to know too now, lol. Roll on Wednesday eh?

Janexxx
Old Oct 1st 2008, 6:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Keep thinking LOTS of positive thoughts until you see yours. I'm desperate to know too now, lol. Roll on Wednesday eh?
Got back today, missing LA already, and found the dreaded IELTS results on the doormat.......

I PASSED!!!!! WOOHOO!!!

Reading - 9.0
Listening - 9.0
Speaking - 9.0
Writing - 7.5

End of the day its a pass so I'm happy with that. Bit surprised at the writing part being so low considering I wrote and passed a 100+ page RPL for my skills assessment, but hey as long as it was above 7 I am happy!

Will get the rest of the app sorted and submitted online this week now! Nice welcome home present for us that was!

Thanks everyone who helped me with it, your support was much appreciated!

All the best for everyone taking/re-taking there's soon.

Andy
Old Oct 1st 2008, 8:39 pm
Forum Regular

clarinsred is an unknown quantity at this point

Got back today, missing LA already, and found the dreaded IELTS results on the doormat.......

I PASSED!!!!! WOOHOO!!!

Reading - 9.0
Listening - 9.0
Speaking - 9.0
Writing - 7.5

End of the day its a pass so I'm happy with that. Bit surprised at the writing part being so low considering I wrote and passed a 100+ page RPL for my skills assessment, but hey as long as it was above 7 I am happy!

Will get the rest of the app sorted and submitted online this week now! Nice welcome home present for us that was!

Andy
Congratulations! I am so pleased for you!
Old Oct 1st 2008, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

Kryptonix will become famous soon enoughKryptonix will become famous soon enough

Awesome Andy, well done stoked for ya.

Get that App in.. & then welcome to the waiting club
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 1:24 am
BE Enthusiast

tomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond repute

well done! Delighted for you.
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 8:04 am
Wow 2yrs in Oz!

Location: Liverpool to Townsville via North America & the Middle East!
The_Griswolds has much to be proud ofThe_Griswolds has much to be proud ofThe_Griswolds has much to be proud ofThe_Griswolds has much to be proud ofThe_Griswolds has much to be proud ofThe_Griswolds has much to be proud ofThe_Griswolds has much to be proud ofThe_Griswolds has much to be proud ofThe_Griswolds has much to be proud ofThe_Griswolds has much to be proud ofThe_Griswolds has much to be proud of

Congratulations and well done Andy, onto the next hurdle for you!

I too will have the pleasure of representing the Griswold family at the english language lottery once the ACS decide my fate.

Clark
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 8:16 am
Just Joined

Michelle and Mark is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: IELTS - T/F/NG Help!

Congrats Andy. I got my results a few weeks ago after lots of nail biting too and being abroad when they arrived didn't help matters.

Now just waiting on Teaching Australia for my skills assessment results, been 4 weeks so far......only 4 to go.....
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

ozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really nice

Congratulations!!!!!Doesn't it feel fantastic once you dared look at the marks ??
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 12:32 pm
Just Joined

Michelle and Mark is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: IELTS - T/F/NG Help!

Originally Posted by ozbaz
Congratulations!!!!!Doesn't it feel fantastic once you dared look at the marks ??
Certainly does! The relief is unbelievable too!
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 2:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thx everyone, yeah I'm super chuffed actually and glad its finally done and behind me now.

Looking forward to getting the Visa app done now!

If anyone wants them then I have the following 2 books going now.
Cambridge IELTS 5
IELTS Practice Tests Plus 2 inc Audio CD
Both books don't have any answers written in them so are good to go.

Andy
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

I PASSED!!!!! WOOHOO!!!

Reading - 9.0
Listening - 9.0
Speaking - 9.0
Writing - 7.5

Andy
Congratulations, I'm really happy for you . Must be such a relief.

Janexxx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.