IELTS - T/F/NG Help!

Old Sep 15th 2008, 9:50 am
BE Enthusiast

AndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: IELTS - T/F/NG Help!

Originally Posted by jaystar
Congratulations lucieraibow - re the passport pictures, someone like jessops do them instore, they did my baby and 2 year olds. Also websites like picturelizard do them too, if you upload pictures to their website, it explains it on there - google them.

AndyR, oh did his ielts the same day as you, so we are waiting on tenterhooks this week too. Here's hoping for a good result all round hey?

Janexxx
Yeah fingers crossed! Will be a long week. Just hope they are here by Friday / Saturday else I won't know will early October when I get back from the states
Old Sep 15th 2008, 5:48 pm
Forum Regular

clarinsred is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AndyR
Yeah fingers crossed! Will be a long week. Just hope they are here by Friday / Saturday else I won't know will early October when I get back from the states
I have actually received my IELTS result through the post today!!!!! (Remember, I sat it with you first time round Andy?) It has only taken just short of 10 weeks! It’s a good job I was impatient, and went to the test centre at the end of July!
And these people are testing us?
Good luck this week with your results, I am confident you will be fine!
Old Sep 15th 2008, 7:04 pm
Just Joined

dan23 is an unknown quantity at this point

This test sounds like a right nightmare for native english speakers, just hope I don't have to do it.
Old Sep 16th 2008, 11:56 am
BE Enthusiast

AndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by clarinsred
I have actually received my IELTS result through the post today!!!!! (Remember, I sat it with you first time round Andy?) It has only taken just short of 10 weeks! It’s a good job I was impatient, and went to the test centre at the end of July!
And these people are testing us?
Good luck this week with your results, I am confident you will be fine!
OMG I remember you taking it yes and that horrendous its taken this long to come through!

I know what you mean, the people running the IELTS centre in B'ham were a joke. The main person was a Chinese lady who was very difficult to understand, the bloke running the exam was French again with a very broad French accent, and then the lady doing speaking tests was Indian but thankfully spoke very good English.

Fingers crossed though, I need to pass this
Old Sep 16th 2008, 1:27 pm
Forum Regular

lucierainbow is just really nicelucierainbow is just really nicelucierainbow is just really nicelucierainbow is just really nicelucierainbow is just really nicelucierainbow is just really nicelucierainbow is just really nicelucierainbow is just really nice

Originally Posted by steveandlesley
Congratulations well done.

As far as photos for babies go to Jessops or somewhere similar, loads easier and works out cheaper to as they will keep retaking them until they are adequate. Hope this helps xx
Cheers for advice about baby pics. Went to the post office yesterday. So thats all sorted. The pics they took of me were awful so i didn't want to go again (cos i needed a couple more...vain i know but when you've had a baby vanity is a necessity). little babies look gorgeous no matter what so i bit the bullet. Turned out perfectly within the rules. He did have some food in his hair but what baby doesn't.
Old Sep 19th 2008, 3:24 pm
Forum Regular

Kryptonix will become famous soon enoughKryptonix will become famous soon enough

Any news Andy?.. if not have a good holiday..
Old Sep 19th 2008, 6:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kryptonix
Any news Andy?.. if not have a good holiday..
Nope, I tried checking online but no joy. Have emailed them as well but no response today so looks like I have to wait another week
Old Sep 19th 2008, 11:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Malikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really nice

Nope, I tried checking online but no joy. Have emailed them as well but no response today so looks like I have to wait another week
Chill Andy.......u will be fine with the result. I gonna get my result by tomorrow, need to collect the TRF in person.......lets seeeeeeeeeeee
Cheers
Malik
Old Sep 20th 2008, 12:27 pm
Forum Regular

jaystar has a brilliant futurejaystar has a brilliant futurejaystar has a brilliant futurejaystar has a brilliant futurejaystar has a brilliant futurejaystar has a brilliant futurejaystar has a brilliant future

Pants! Oh got 8.5, 8.5. 9 and 6.5 in, you guessed it - reading. So now off to try and rebook him on another asap. Half a mark - how frustrating!

When you eventually get yours AndyR, hope it's okay.

Janexxx
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 8:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Malikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really nice

Originally Posted by jaystar
Pants! Oh got 8.5, 8.5. 9 and 6.5 in, you guessed it - reading. So now off to try and rebook him on another asap. Half a mark - how frustrating!

When you eventually get yours AndyR, hope it's okay.

Janexxx
Man i would suggest a recheck for u............there are chances for u

Cheers
Malik
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 4:46 am

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Malikkhi
Man i would suggest a recheck for u............there are chances for u

Cheers
Malik
Reading can not be appealed.
NJ
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 4:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by newjersey
Reading can not be appealed.
NJ
ahan then which parts can be appealed?

Regards
Malik
Old Sep 24th 2008, 5:10 am

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Malikkhi
ahan then which parts can be appealed?

Regards
Malik
Writing part can be appealed because marks are deducted for bad structure, word count even if your handwriting is bad, paragraphing, etc. But since it is graded by at least two people (third if the first two gave different marks) the chance that it will be changed is not that great. Having said that - I read stories about successful appeals where score was raised by 0.5 mark.

Speaking may also be appealed - that also being subjective. Reading and Listening are objective tests and for that reason appeal will have no chance.
Old Sep 24th 2008, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

ozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really nice

Got my results back from Dublin yesterday

9.0 Writing
9.0 Speaking
8.5 Listening
7.00 Reading

Relieved is not the word....but I believe the IELTS folk are setting the bar too high on the Reading section. I've just shaded it in this area and I'm a native speaker. The toughest part is the True/False/Not Given section...I felt this was my weakest area before the exam and on the day I feel this is where I lost most marks. Come on, if native speakers are having difficulties here then what chance the rest. Get wise IELTS and stop ripping people off...more failures, more money in the coffers from resits, cynical b******s.

Mr Ozbaz.
Old Sep 24th 2008, 11:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by newjersey
Writing part can be appealed because marks are deducted for bad structure, word count even if your handwriting is bad, paragraphing, etc. But since it is graded by at least two people (third if the first two gave different marks) the chance that it will be changed is not that great. Having said that - I read stories about successful appeals where score was raised by 0.5 mark.

Speaking may also be appealed - that also being subjective. Reading and Listening are objective tests and for that reason appeal will have no chance.
Thanx dude for clarification. One of my friend actually get 5.5 in speaking(need atleast 6) and in other parts he scored 7, so i think he may go for recheck for speaking since there are chances for increase in speaking. Moreover in his first attempt he got 7 in speaking
What u say?
Cheers
Malik

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.