British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   IELTS for skills assessment from Engineers Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/ielts-skills-assessment-engineers-australia-664481/)

qadeer591 Apr 17th 2010 10:01 pm

IELTS for skills assessment from Engineers Australia

Hello guys,

I need to know do is it necessary to ask the IELTS test center to send the test report to EA ?
If so, then what should I attach with my skills assessment application ?

Regards
A.Quadeer

Susan Wareham McGrath Apr 19th 2010 12:04 pm

Re: IELTS for skills assessment from Engineers Australia

Hi A. Quadeer

EA does require that applicants arrange for the IELTS result to be sent directly to Engineers Australia from the test centre. Because IELTS will contact EA directly, you do not have to attach evidence to your application.

Best regards
Susan

qadeer591 Apr 19th 2010 5:04 pm

Hi Susan,

Thanks for your reply.
I think that doing this would expedite my application process since I won't be waiting for the IELTS results.
I am presuming that they will process my application without IELTS results.
And as soon as they get it they will give me the outcome of assessment.

Am I right in presuming this ?

infojami Apr 20th 2010 8:01 am

You better check the Migration Skills Assessment Booklet (PDF 2.73Mb) for details about EA skill assessment at,

http://www.engineersaustralia.org.au...a/msa_home.cfm

Susan Wareham McGrath Apr 20th 2010 10:03 am

Hi Qadeer

As you'd be aware, EA requires all applicants who are required to sit an IELTS test to achieve a minimum score of 6.0 in each band.

Because of that EA needs to review an applicant's IELTS results before they start processing the application, in case the applicant doesn't achieve the required IELTS score.

Also, because of the large number of applications EA staff have to process, they are usually not able to start assessing applications as soon as they're received.

I've always found their quoted timeframes are a realistic guide to the processing time - even where applicants have submitted their IELTS results before their skills assessment applications are lodged.

Good luck with your application.

Best regards
Susan

jojy125 Apr 20th 2010 3:22 pm

I have submitted my application last monday & it was recieved on friday.

How will i be informed? Do i get any ID #? if yes, then by email or what??? After how long will i get the receipt??

if anybody knows please advice on this... I know i have to wait for 16 long weeks but still i want to know about if thr will be any confirmation before this...

qadeer591 Apr 20th 2010 5:54 pm

Hi,

They usually send you the receipt by mail within 5-7 working days with a CID (Contact ID) no.
The assessment process takes around four weeks.

All the best :thumbup: !

QLDlover Apr 20th 2010 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by qadeer591 (Post 8510164)
Hi,

They usually send you the receipt by mail within 5-7 working days with a CID (Contact ID) no.

I hate engineers ausralia

qadeer591 Apr 20th 2010 7:38 pm

hey r_1159,

why so ?
don't scare me :). I am yet to apply.

Susan Wareham McGrath Apr 20th 2010 9:09 pm

Just to clarify, assuming the application is prepared properly and all the required supporting evidence is provided, accredited Australian and Accord qualifications currently take up to 3 weeks, but non-accredited qualifications take around 16 weeks from the date of receipt.

Regards
Susan

double00 Apr 20th 2010 11:50 pm

Originally Posted by qadeer591 (Post 8510164)
Hi,

It takes 16 weeks for the one with CDR..

azakir Apr 24th 2010 10:45 am

Originally Posted by Susan Wareham McGrath (Post 8509380)
Hi Qadeer

As you'd be aware, EA requires all applicants who are required to sit an IELTS test to achieve a minimum score of 6.0 in each band.

Because of that EA needs to review an applicant's IELTS results before they start processing the application, in case the applicant doesn't achieve the required IELTS score.

Also, because of the large number of applications EA staff have to process, they are usually not able to start assessing applications as soon as they're received.

I've always found their quoted timeframes are a realistic guide to the processing time - even where applicants have submitted their IELTS results before their skills assessment applications are lodged.

Good luck with your application.

Best regards
Susan

Why do accountants need @7 in each band in ielts? {http://www.cpaaustralia.com.au/cps/rde/xchg/cpa-site/hs.xsl/become-how-migration.html}

Now I see the assessment bodies will take ielts score with application.

Does it mean no jobs for accountants in australia?

( if you want to come please bring the crown....!?)

I doubt I have a good furure in AUS..... May be I made a big mistake!!:confused:

helloomer Apr 24th 2010 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by qadeer591 (Post 8503909)
Hello guys,

I need to know do is it necessary to ask the IELTS test center to send the test report to EA ?
If so, then what should I attach with my skills assessment application ?

Regards
A.Quadeer

Hey Qaudeer,
Let me share a quick advise with you...

you should have mentioned the address of Engineers Australia on the "result forwarding adresses" page of the IELTS registration form... if you havent then immediately do the following two:

1- contact your nearest britishcouncil officer and tell him of your situation.
He will give you a form in which you will have to fill in their address (the same on which you mailed your CDR)

in this way EA will get your ORIGINAL Ielts result from the BRITISHCOUNCIL directly.... they dont trust anyone else... so attaching a photocopy etc wont help.

2- by now you would have received your payment receipt page, on this they have clearly mentioned your Contact ID number, you can find this six seven digit number. Now write and email or a letter to the EA, telling them that you had just directed the britishcouncil to forward my original result to your office. (Also attach the correspondace you had with british council,... like any extra payment you made, photocopy of the new page with EA address you filled.)

Thats all,

i hope this will help your cause, anything else, let me know.

Cheers,

p.s my apologies for the typos... as if i type slow then my mind skip the ideas... ::))

jojy125 Apr 24th 2010 4:25 pm

Finally i got the receipt with contact ID #..

Waiting waiting & waiting.. :(

qadeer591 Apr 26th 2010 6:30 pm

Hello Guys,

I have a query on IELTS listening test.
How does the listening test takes place ?
I mean, do we hear the audio on a speaker or we have to use ear phones ?