British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   IELTS score remark (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/ielts-score-remark-711822/)

hahamed Apr 2nd 2011 9:04 am

IELTS score remark

i needed 7 in each, but ended up like

L:7
R:7
W:6.5
S:6.5
Overall:7

will remark help getting both Writing & Speaking by .5 to make everything 7

moneypenny20 Apr 2nd 2011 9:22 am

Re: IELTS score remark

Originally Posted by hahamed (Post 9280848)

Not necessarily. The others could go down.

musmanasghar Apr 2nd 2011 1:31 pm

Its better to re appear.

baazighar Apr 2nd 2011 1:47 pm

pls go thru the following link... some of this forum guys discussed about this..
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ighlight=ielts

hahamed Apr 5th 2011 7:18 am

thanks,

today i applied for EoR, they said Marks dont go down - since they will retain the higher score. have to wait now - also planning to re-appear,

since the Engineers Australia also takes time for Assesment, and 6.5 in Speaking & Writing is enough for assesment application

fahadkhan389 Apr 5th 2011 8:21 am

Originally Posted by hahamed (Post 9286196)
thanks,

today i applied for EoR, they said Marks dont go down - since they will retain the higher score. have to wait now - also planning to re-appear,

since the Engineers Australia also takes time for Assesment, and 6.5 in Speaking & Writing is enough for assesment application

I think you did right,Speaking and writing are subjective sections and greater chances to increase the score upto .5 or 1.I also got increased .5 mark in writing good luck!

Esteban84 Sep 9th 2011 3:39 pm

ielts double checking

Hey all,

I have decided to start this thread in the hope that you can help me. I have just received a phone call from IELTS testing centre stating that due to the disparity of my writing and speacking scores, my examination paper will be remarqued in london. I am so scared and stressed. I tought i will pass my 5th IELTS Test. My last ielts tests have been unsuccessful.

I need 7 accross all bands. has anyone ever experienced this? should i be worried?

newjersey Sep 9th 2011 5:51 pm

Re: ielts double checking

Originally Posted by Esteban84 (Post 9610271)
Hey all,

I have decided to start this thread in the hope that you can help me. I have just received a phone call from IELTS testing centre stating that due to the disparity of my writing and speacking scores, my examination paper will be remarqued in london. I am so scared and stressed. I tought i will pass my 5th IELTS Test. My last ielts tests have been unsuccessful.

I need 7 accross all bands. has anyone ever experienced this? should i be worried?

Hi and welcome to BE. Remark is necessary when two marks already received are more than 0.5 points apart I think, so they go to a senior reviewer who determines the final mark. It does not mean failure, just the score disparity. It will take another few weeks, so relax and wait for the outcome.

Esteban84 Sep 9th 2011 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by newjersey (Post 9610522)
Hi and welcome to BE. Remark is necessary when two marks already received are more than 0.5 points apart I think, so they go to a senior reviewer who determines the final mark. It does not mean failure, just the score disparity. It will take another few weeks, so relax and wait for the outcome.

It is very hard to relax because i believed i had passed this test. Now i am in serious doubt. Anyway, Thank you very much for your help. i feel a bit better. :)

Bermudashorts Sep 9th 2011 10:18 pm

Re-marking occurs when the results of two units are more than about 2 points apart. It isn't bad news or good news at this stage, although it probably does mean you did not get the 7's you want outright, but it could be that one section is regraded so you do.

aPerfectCircle Sep 10th 2011 2:27 am

Originally Posted by Esteban84 (Post 9610271)
Hey all,

Yes I had the same experience. I received a call from the British Council to inform me that my results was sent to UK to be double checked because of a variation in the bands score. Later on the same day, I received an SMS with the results, so I called them again to inquire about this SMS. They told me that I should ignore it and wait a little longer to get the correct score.

A month later I got the score sheet and it was the same score I received on the SMS.

Esteban84 Sep 10th 2011 5:51 am

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts (Post 9611129)
Re-marking occurs when the results of two units are more than about 2 points apart. It isn't bad news or good news at this stage, although it probably does mean you did not get the 7's you want outright, but it could be that one section is regraded so you do.

Thank you for the information. I was very confident that i have done well in writing and speaking. A friend of mine took the same test and got 6.5 in writing and 9 in speaking and they did not remark her exam paper.

Esteban84 Sep 10th 2011 5:56 am

Originally Posted by aPerfectCircle (Post 9611389)
Yes I had the same experience. I received a call from the British Council to inform me that my results was sent to UK to be double checked because of a variation in the bands score. Later on the same day, I received an SMS with the results, so I called them again to inquire about this SMS. They told me that I should ignore it and wait a little longer to get the correct score.

A month later I got the score sheet and it was the same score I received on the SMS.

Thank you for replying. Unlike your case, i did not even receive my results. Can i ask you wether the variation in your band scores you mentioned is on writing and speaking?

Bermudashorts Sep 10th 2011 5:56 am

Originally Posted by Esteban84 (Post 9611569)
Thank you for the information. I was very confident that i have done well in writing and speaking. A friend of mine took the same test and got 6.5 in writing and 9 in speaking and they did not remark her exam paper.

Oh well pardon me for commenting on why they are probably looking at your paper. If they didn't for your friend (as far as you know) then that could not possibly be it. :frown:

Esteban84 Sep 10th 2011 6:16 am

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts (Post 9611573)
Oh well pardon me for commenting on why they are probably looking at your paper. If they didn't for your friend (as far as you know) then that could not possibly be it. :frown:

Sorry i did not meant to offend you. i appreciate your valuable comment. it is just that i am a bit confused. Thanks again for your help :thumbup: