IELTS score remark

Old Nov 8th 2011, 11:40 am

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ielts need 8 in all 4 cat, please help

Originally Posted by MVM
If you are in the right age bracket and have state sponsorship (or enough qualification points with work experience points, you may be well set to go with the same result). I am happy to assess your eligibility more detailed through forum so no cost is involved
Are you a registered migration agent to offer such services? If so, you are welcome to add your MARN to the signature, so people know who you are.
Old Nov 8th 2011, 2:20 pm
r11
Forum Regular

r11 is an unknown quantity at this point

I was in the same situation and decided to take the test again.

I got 9L, 9R, 9S and 7.5W.....

I took the test again. Even though my speaking score got worse (I was really tired that day and just ran out of words), I did improve my writing and obtained 9L, 9R, 8S and 8W (enough for the 20 points)

I found the following guide extremelly helpful preparing for the writing part.

http://www.amazon.com/Ace-IELTS-Gene...0765457&sr=8-1
Old Nov 8th 2011, 5:15 pm
Forum Regular

shelly23 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MVM
If you are in the right age bracket and have state sponsorship (or enough qualification points with work experience points, you may be well set to go with the same result). I am happy to assess your eligibility more detailed through forum so no cost is involved
Thanks but even with WA spsonsorship and professioanl qualifications, am still short 5 points cos of my age, so hence retaking the Ielts. final time, then relook at other options.
Old Nov 8th 2011, 5:17 pm
Forum Regular

shelly23 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by r11
I was in the same situation and decided to take the test again.

I got 9L, 9R, 9S and 7.5W.....

I took the test again. Even though my speaking score got worse (I was really tired that day and just ran out of words), I did improve my writing and obtained 9L, 9R, 8S and 8W (enough for the 20 points)

I found the following guide extremelly helpful preparing for the writing part.

http://www.amazon.com/Ace-IELTS-Gene...0765457&sr=8-1
Thanks for the website will have a look. I probably been overconfident as just finished a degree so know how to read and write, and born and bred in U.K, so serves me right I suppose. Will study for the next one.
Old Nov 8th 2011, 6:36 pm
MVM
Just Joined

MVM is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by newjersey
Are you a registered migration agent to offer such services? If so, you are welcome to add your MARN to the signature, so people know who you are.
OK, I thought this forum is not for personal advertisement so I decided to keep low profile and offer accurate advice as part of community service If giving your professional credentials is allowed then I will do when giving advice, thanks.
Old Nov 8th 2011, 8:40 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MVM
OK, I thought this forum is not for personal advertisement so I decided to keep low profile and offer accurate advice as part of community service If giving your professional credentials is allowed then I will do when giving advice, thanks.
If you look for posts by other agents on the site (eg George Lombard, Alan Collet, SD_MOA) you will see they have their details in their signature - you can set this via the shortcut menu at the top which leads to your profile. There is then no need to openly advertise your services as people can see from your posts that you are an agent and that they can contact you on a professional basis if they wish. They will also know that the information posted is coming from a professional source rather than a lay-person.
Old Nov 10th 2011, 7:35 pm
chapkenv

chapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nice
Lightbulb exact same case...

dear o.p....i would (and am gonna) go for the 475 instead of the 176 visa to earn the extra 5 points, at least to me it made no sense to try n improve the score when the overall i-e-l-t-s was high (like yours)...you are bound to find a pathway to PR with your expd occupation being in demand all across AU...all the best

there are no subjective aspects to the points test, i'm afraid (learnt the hard way and got awarded partial points after drafting a full proficiency claim letter, although that was to CIC-CA and not to DIAC-AU; i believe the system is fundamentally similar) it has gotten really tough post july 2011, i am in the same boat, but like they say down-under, keep chugging along with 'no worries'...tc

Last edited by chapkenv; Nov 10th 2011 at 8:07 pm.
Old Jan 5th 2012, 1:27 pm
Just Joined

bbclondon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ielts Remarking

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if anybody had ielts score changed in two sections (writing and speaking) at a time after remarking. I recently got L8,R7,W6.5,S6.5. I am short of 0.5 in both writing and speaking to get 7 in each. someone one told me that it is quite unusuall to get score raised in 2 sections, however, if someone had their score changed it will help me in taking decision.

thanks
Old Jan 5th 2012, 1:48 pm
Just Joined

bbclondon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IELTS score remark

Originally Posted by hahamed
thanks,

today i applied for EoR, they said Marks dont go down - since they will retain the higher score. have to wait now - also planning to re-appear,

since the Engineers Australia also takes time for Assesment, and 6.5 in Speaking & Writing is enough for assesment application
Hi Hahamed,

I am in the same boat as you were, looking for extra 0.5 in writing and speaking. can you please share what was the outcome of your remarking request?
thanks
Old Jan 5th 2012, 8:13 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Threads merged
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 5:59 am
Forum Regular

swami is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IELTS remarking

Dear All,

I request your comment on this. I had taken up IELTS test recently, however the scores are not in expected line. R 8, L 7.5, W 7, S 6.5. I believed, my performance in Speaking test was much better compared to others.. I am very sure I lost 2 questions in each of Reading and Listening. But Speaking was without any hesitation or fear, and it did not have any first language interference too. I would like to get your comments on applying for re-marking in speaking part.

I have traveled to many countries including Australia, and I had always had great feedback on my communication skills as a trainer. Hence I do not believe my Speaking score to be too low.

As such, I have lot of worries now, the new amendments for July 12 are not too far, and I have no much time for retaking the test too, due to work related travel commitments. Is there anyway I can ask the re-marking to be done quicker ?? Will there be at least a little chance in getting my score improved as a revaluation outcome ? Is it OK if I do remarking for all the components ?, few of my friends suggest not to re-mark on other 3 modules as I may not get any positive outcome . Some people believe that, generally first time takers will always be given lower score is that true? Also, the lower mark in IELTS means Australia does not want me to immigrate ??

Sorry that I have poured out my frustration, but am helpless either :-(

Regards
Swami
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 6:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IELTS remarking

I don't believe there is any provision to ask for a quicker remark. I have seen several people get a higher score after remarking in speaking and writing and there is a chance you would too. But the trouble is, as I think you know, the remarking takes maybe eight weeks or so, so it would probably be quicker to resit the test.

If I may be candid, your written English is flawed, it does not flow as well as it should and has grammatical errors. So there is also the possibility that your speaking is not as good as you think it is.

I would recommend that you resit the test.
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 7:01 am
Home and Happy

Threads merged
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 7:52 am
Forum Regular

swami is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
I don't believe there is any provision to ask for a quicker remark. I have seen several people get a higher score after remarking in speaking and writing and there is a chance you would too. But the trouble is, as I think you know, the remarking takes maybe eight weeks or so, so it would probably be quicker to resit the test.

If I may be candid, your written English is flawed, it does not flow as well as it should and has grammatical errors. So there is also the possibility that your speaking is not as good as you think it is.

I would recommend that you resit the test.
Hi,

I thought and still think this forum is not the one where I will put effort in making a best possible essay, and being evaluated. I have just put my frustrations, and definitely this cannot be used in evaluating my writing skill. Anyways, thanks for your suggestion, I will go ahead with re-marking. I still believe I did well..

Thanks
Swami
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 7:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by swami
Hi,

I thought and still think this forum is not the one where I will put effort in making a best possible essay, and being evaluated. I have just put my frustrations, and definitely this cannot be used in evaluating my writing skill. Anyways, thanks for your suggestion, I will go ahead with re-marking. I still believe I did well..

Thanks
Swami
You are trying to move to an English speaking country and are about to sit IELTS again. Why would you not try to practice your English? It will only help you.

I don't get why anyone would write in their "second best" English because it is only a forum. It doesn't save time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.