IELTS score

Old May 10th 2013, 8:17 am
Forum Regular

gossage is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IELTS score

Got my score today and got an over all of 8.5.

Listening 9
Reading 7
Writing 8.5
Speaking 9

Need to claim the 20 pts for IELTS 8 but I fear this is not going to be enough to get that. Can someone please confirm.

The score of 7 seems so different from the other scores and I didn't feel the reading was my weakest module I thought it was the listening to be honest.

Gutted if I have to go through all this again

Cheers

Sharon
Old May 10th 2013, 9:13 am
Just Joined

nishantmehta2005 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IELTS score

Hey Sharon,

I also got my IELTS Results today and I got the following:

Listening: 8.0
Reading: 8.0
Writing: 6.5
Speaking: 7.5
Overall: 7.5

How does the point allocation work? I am hoping to claim atlist 10 points"!!
Old May 10th 2013, 11:21 am
Lost in the antipodes

msmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gossage

Listening 9
Reading 7
Writing 8.5
Speaking 9

Need to claim the 20 pts for IELTS 8 but I fear this is not going to be enough to get that. Can someone please confirm.

The score of 7 seems so different from the other scores and I didn't feel the reading was my weakest module I thought it was the listening to be honest.

Cheers

Sharon
With a 7 in reading you will only get 10 points for 'Proficient' English.
Old May 10th 2013, 11:23 am
Lost in the antipodes

msmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nishantmehta2005
Hey Sharon,

I also got my IELTS Results today and I got the following:

Listening: 8.0
Reading: 8.0
Writing: 6.5
Speaking: 7.5
Overall: 7.5

How does the point allocation work? I am hoping to claim atlist 10 points"!!
With a 6.5 in writing you'd only meet the 'Competent' threshold, which isn't good enough for 10 points. You must have a 7 in at least every category - it doesn't go by overall score. You could either ask to have it remarked or practice and re-write the exam, sorry.
Old May 10th 2013, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

parlex is just really niceparlex is just really niceparlex is just really niceparlex is just really niceparlex is just really niceparlex is just really niceparlex is just really niceparlex is just really nice

Originally Posted by gossage

Listening 9
Reading 7
Writing 8.5
Speaking 9

Cheers

Sharon
Don't give up! you are sooo close. The more you try, the easier it gets. I found the Reading module tricky, especially when trying to figure out if the answer was False or NG, was driving me crazy...

Good luck!
Old May 10th 2013, 2:56 pm
Just Joined

Hey Guys,

Thanx for the input, Financial constraint Can't re-do the test So will have to find a state or territory nomination and see if that works to gain those 10 points which I have lost!!!

Hmmmpf!!
Old May 10th 2013, 7:43 pm
Forum Regular

Parlex

Did you have to resit it? I am so gutted having got so high in all other areas. Will be re-sitting it on 22nd June.

This whole immigration process is such hard work but hopefully totally worth it.

Sharon
Old May 10th 2013, 10:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nishantmehta2005
Hey Guys,

Thanx for the input, Financial constraint Can't re-do the test So will have to find a state or territory nomination and see if that works to gain those 10 points which I have lost!!!

Hmmmpf!!

State nomination only gives 5 points for the 190 visa.

You would have to apply for a 489 visa in order to get 10 points. I get that if you really do not think you can pass IELTS, but applying for a 489 not a permanent visa because of a financial constraint around re-taking IELTS is truly absurd.

If you cannot afford to sit IELTS then my goodness you cannot afford to emigrate. So just knock the whole idea on the head.
Old May 11th 2013, 5:58 am
Just Joined

Bermuda Shorts..

I agree with your logic haha.. Well I guess thats that then
Old May 11th 2013, 6:12 am
Lost in the antipodes

Also some states charge a fee to process your application for state nomination - WA is $200, not sure about the others.
Old May 15th 2013, 8:18 am
Just Joined

hopeandpray is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
Could i just ask if there is anyone that as had a re-mark and if so how do we go about this? I have done this test 4 times now and failed by 0.5 each time but this time i failed on one that i had passed on all the other times so was wondering if it worth trying this way.
Any information would be a great help.
Cheers Shaun
Old May 15th 2013, 8:36 am
Forum Regular

From what I have read it is worth a remark for writing and speaking as they can be subjective but the other two modules are just right or wrong.

I found infomation about this on my test centre website. I can't remember the details fully but it is a form to fill in (have 6 weeks to do it after getting results), it costs £60 (refunded if the score goes up) and takes about 6-8 weeks.

Take a peek on your test centre website. I did phone mine and the lady told me quite a few peoples score go up a whole band following a remark. So if it is in writing or speaking it may be worth a go.

Good luck !!!
Old May 16th 2013, 11:57 pm
Just Joined

hopeandpray is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=gossage;10708699]From what I have read it is worth a remark for writing and speaking as they can be subjective but the other two modules are just right or wrong.

I found infomation about this on my test centre website. I can't remember the details fully but it is a form to fill in (have 6 weeks to do it after getting results), it costs £60 (refunded if the score goes up) and takes about 6-8 weeks.

Take a peek on your test centre website. I did phone mine and the lady told me quite a few peoples score go up a whole band following a remark. So if it is in writing or speaking it may be worth a go.

Good luck !!![/QUOTE#

Cheers for that i will have a look at this
Old May 17th 2013, 3:54 pm
Just Joined

freegg123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Never heard of financial constraint for retaking IELTS exam....
Old May 25th 2013, 8:43 am
Just Joined

edoriel is an unknown quantity at this point

My test is on 8 June and I hadn't given it much thought being a native speaker, but the more I read about this test, the more I see many native speakers not getting the 8 in all modules. Starting to get worried now!

Is it just the format of the test people are being surprised with or is the test itself very hard? It's odd that a test designed to test how good you are at being a native speaker is not identifying native speakers very well!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.