IELTS Requirement for NSW state.

Old Oct 22nd 2012, 7:34 am
Forum Regular

kashifbari is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IELTS Requirement for NSW state.

Hi Friends,

I want to apply for NSW but do i have to have 7 in each module or overall 7 band will work for me???
Old Oct 22nd 2012, 8:17 am

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IELTS Requirement for NSW state.

Originally Posted by kashifbari
Hi Friends,

I want to apply for NSW but do i have to have 7 in each module or overall 7 band will work for me???
You need to have a minimum of six in each band for NSW sponsorship, but some occupations require higher scores. Make sure you have a read of the NSW website to check what your occupation requires.
Old Nov 20th 2012, 8:44 pm
Forum Regular

tevta has a brilliant futuretevta has a brilliant futuretevta has a brilliant futuretevta has a brilliant futuretevta has a brilliant futuretevta has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by mrsgreenstar76
You need to have a minimum of six in each band for NSW sponsorship, but some occupations require higher scores. Make sure you have a read of the NSW website to check what your occupation requires.
One of my friends also wants to apply for NSW. They have not indicated any specific IELTS requirements for any particular profession. All they need is competent english which is 6 bands in each module and 60 points as apparent on their website. But still I wanna make sure that it is actually the case as I might have missed something important.

It also indicates the fact that anyone who can achieve 60 points without having to score 7 bands in each module can still become eligible. That would be of some help for all people having difficulties scoring 7 bands in all modules in IELTS. However the only notable thing that I've found is, they have made it clear that the candidate must fulfill the concerned assessing body English requirements which is also competent English. Plz if anyone has some additional info, do share it. Thankx
Old Nov 20th 2012, 11:26 pm

mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tevta
One of my friends also wants to apply for NSW. They have not indicated any specific IELTS requirements for any particular profession. All they need is competent english which is 6 bands in each module and 60 points as apparent on their website. But still I wanna make sure that it is actually the case as I might have missed something important.

It also indicates the fact that anyone who can achieve 60 points without having to score 7 bands in each module can still become eligible. That would be of some help for all people having difficulties scoring 7 bands in all modules in IELTS. However the only notable thing that I've found is, they have made it clear that the candidate must fulfill the concerned assessing body English requirements which is also competent English. Plz if anyone has some additional info, do share it. Thankx
Have you read the website that I linked? This is what it says:

English Language
Applicants must sit the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) and score at least a six (6) on each of the four bands (Writing, Speaking, Listening, Reading).

Certain occupations require a higher standard of English in order to obtain a positive skill assessment. Please refer to the assessing authorities' English language requirements.
Old Nov 21st 2012, 8:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Malikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really nice

Have you read the website that I linked? This is what it says:
As per the new occupation list , they haven't any particular IELTS score for a specific profession
Here is the New List
Old Nov 21st 2012, 8:57 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Malikkhi
As per the new occupation list , they haven't any particular IELTS score for a specific profession
Here is the New List
Quote from the website:

Certain occupations require a higher standard of English in order to obtain a positive skill assessment. Please refer to the assessing authorities' English language requirements.

These may be different from those of the sponsoring State.
Old Nov 21st 2012, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by Malikkhi
Here is the New List
Read the information provided on the website. Pollyana and I have both posted it, so I shan't post it again.
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

tevta has a brilliant futuretevta has a brilliant futuretevta has a brilliant futuretevta has a brilliant futuretevta has a brilliant futuretevta has a brilliant future

Read the information provided on the website. Pollyana and I have both posted it, so I shan't post it again.
We will appreciate if you and Pollyana post it one more time
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 10:51 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Why?

The link posted by mrsgreenstar76 in post #2 works perfectly fine, and the answer is clear enough. NSW only require that you have at least a 6.0 in each of the four bands (reading, listening, writing and speaking), however you may require higher scores for your skills assessment depending on your occupation.
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 11:24 am

Read posts 2, 4 & 6.