Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

IELTS requirement for native English speakers

IELTS requirement for native English speakers

Old May 5th 2009, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

immigrants is a jewel in the roughimmigrants is a jewel in the roughimmigrants is a jewel in the roughimmigrants is a jewel in the roughimmigrants is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: IELTS requirement for native English speakers

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
I am not sure who would have a UK passport but no right to abode in UK, but I can only imagine it is an extremely small proportion. So the rule of thumb, UK passport means no IELTS works in the overwhelming majority of cases.

The IELTS test is to ensure competent English, a native English speaker, holder of UK passport is going to have this already. I assume DIAC are applying some common sense.
These are around 6.5 millions such kind of UK passport without the right to abode in UK in the world, around 1/10 of UK citizens, I don't think it is a extremely small proportion.

Have you imagine that, the population of Ireland or New Zealand just 4 millions? That mean those passport holders even more than total population of Ireland or New Zealand?
Old May 5th 2009, 10:46 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by immigrants
These are around 6.5 millions such kind of UK passport without the right to abode in UK in the world, around 1/10 of UK citizens, I don't think it is a extremely small proportion.

Have you imagine that, the population of Ireland or New Zealand just 4 millions? That mean those passport holders even more than total population of Ireland or New Zealand?
Stop losing your temper with people on this forum, if you have a problem, take it up with DIAC or the Aussie Government, not people on here who are only trying to help!!!!
Old May 5th 2009, 10:48 am
Forum Regular

immigrants is a jewel in the roughimmigrants is a jewel in the roughimmigrants is a jewel in the roughimmigrants is a jewel in the roughimmigrants is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
Stop losing your temper with people on this forum, if you have a problem, take it up with DIAC or the Aussie Government, not people on here who are only trying to help!!!!
No, there is another issue. I feel that many Britons misunderstand almost all UK passport holders have the right to abode in UK, but it is not true. I just want to deliver these message
Old May 5th 2009, 10:50 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by immigrants
No, there is another issue. I feel that many Britons misunderstand almost all UK passport holders have the right to abode in UK, but it is not true. I just want to deliver these message
Well I suggest this isn't the place to do it! Case closed...