IELTS requirement?

Old Oct 23rd 2004, 5:07 pm

geniusm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IELTS requirement?

Hi All,
Please clearify a confusion regarding the requirements of IELTS for applicants. It is required for primary applicant thats for sure but is it also required for secondary applicants like spouse as well. Specially if you are not claiming any point for your spouse skills (qualification ...etc). Hope to hear from the experts soon.
Old Oct 23rd 2004, 5:16 pm
mamacares

amendoza is on a distinguished road
Default Re: IELTS requirement?

Originally Posted by geniusm
Hi All,
Please clearify a confusion regarding the requirements of IELTS for applicants. It is required for primary applicant thats for sure but is it also required for secondary applicants like spouse as well. Specially if you are not claiming any point for your spouse skills (qualification ...etc). Hope to hear from the experts soon.
Your spouse needs to sit the IELTS,too even if she's not claiming any points...
As long as she is going to migrate, she needs to take it.

Cheers,
Hannah
Old Oct 23rd 2004, 5:22 pm

geniusm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by amendoza
Your spouse needs to sit the IELTS,too even if she's not claiming any points...
As long as she is going to migrate, she needs to take it.

Cheers,
Hannah

Thanks for quick assistance. Please clearify one more thing ... is it necessary for her to take IELTS right now ....even if am not much interested in accompanying her with me for the moment. If she would migrate later maybe after a year or two then can i skip her testification in IELTS for the moment.
Old Oct 23rd 2004, 5:50 pm
Forum Regular

NKKK is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for quick assistance. Please clearify one more thing ... is it necessary for her to take IELTS right now ....even if am not much interested in accompanying her with me for the moment. If she would migrate later maybe after a year or two then can i skip her testification in IELTS for the moment.
She doesn't have to take IELTS indeed... You need to pay $2650 AU to the government when you immigrate with her if she cannot prove her abilty to speak english.. I think if she scores at least 4.5 in all sections in IELTS then you don't pay that money...
Old Oct 23rd 2004, 5:56 pm
mamacares

amendoza is on a distinguished road
Red face Re: IELTS requirement?

Your PR will only be granted once you comply with the basics of DIMIA part of w/c is to know your wife's proficiency in English. If you don't want her to sit one other option is to pay a certain amount for your wife's English language course upon your landing. Even she will land later or not, as long as she is included in your application, English assessment is a basic reqt.

Your wife's IELTS will be requested normally together with meds and PCC. It's ok as well to send them even if not yet requested. Bottom line, it will be asked prior to release of your visa.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Hannah
Old Oct 23rd 2004, 7:17 pm
Forum Regular

georgebittar is on a distinguished road

Geniusm, as NKKK said, if you cannot prove that your spouse has the necessary english level (e.g. IELTS overall 4.5), DIMIA will ask you to pay the 2nd installment which covers an english course to your spouse when in OZ.
This is a necessary condition for DIMIA to grant you the visa.

I think this is valid even if your spouse is immigrating afterwards.
Old Oct 25th 2004, 5:53 am

Prince1975 is a jewel in the roughPrince1975 is a jewel in the roughPrince1975 is a jewel in the roughPrince1975 is a jewel in the roughPrince1975 is a jewel in the rough

Geniusm,

No need for your wife to take IELTS now. But while submitting you claim for her English proficiency stating she had completed all her schoolings or university education in Enlish medium if so. And the final decision is made by the CO and it varies from case to case.

But at any time after you lodge the application the CO may contact you if he need your wife to prove her language ability. Ask her to take the exams then...

For my case they didn't ask my spouse to sit for IELTS and I already got my VISA.

Hope this helps

Rgds,
Prince
Old Oct 25th 2004, 7:01 am
Forum Regular

volt is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Prince1975]Geniusm,
Hello Prince,

Good for you, you have your visa now.

How 'bout if you want to claim for additional 5 points in Native Community Language and your CO need only a certification letter from the school you graduated? Is it possible for our CO to approve additional points in my application? I think I lack 5 points on my assessment but she told me to suffice it from a certification letter.

How many weeks will I wait if I have submitted all the additional requirements to our CO? My CO had all the documents already. She received my documents last October 4. I'm already waiting for the result. Thanks..

volt
Old Oct 25th 2004, 2:33 pm
Just Joined

smartyind is an unknown quantity at this point

What if I want to claim the 5 bonus points for the spouse skills ? What should be the minimum IELTS score ?
My wife has IELTS score of 5.5. Will it be enough ?
Old Oct 25th 2004, 3:28 pm
ASCO code 2211-11

Accountant is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by smartyind
What if I want to claim the 5 bonus points for the spouse skills ? What should be the minimum IELTS score ?
My wife has IELTS score of 5.5. Will it be enough ?
If skills assessment for her nominated occupation doesn't require higher IELTS score (as for engineers, teachers etc.), 5.5 is enough, if she has at least 5.0 for every component (for example 4.5/5.5/6.0/6.0 is not acceptable)

Last edited by Accountant; Oct 25th 2004 at 3:44 pm.
Old Oct 26th 2004, 4:22 am

Prince1975 is a jewel in the roughPrince1975 is a jewel in the roughPrince1975 is a jewel in the roughPrince1975 is a jewel in the roughPrince1975 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Accountant
If skills assessment for her nominated occupation doesn't require higher IELTS score (as for engineers, teachers etc.), 5.5 is enough, if she has at least 5.0 for every component (for example 4.5/5.5/6.0/6.0 is not acceptable)

No. For engineers it should be 6 in all the four bands.

And for claiming 5 points for community language one has to sit for a NAATI translation exam or else she/he should study that language at the tetitiary level. (eg:- BA in Hindi or French etc.) In the case If one has studied some other subject but the medium of instruction is the community language, most of cases DIMIA won't accept.

Rgds,
Prince
Old Oct 26th 2004, 6:13 am
ASCO code 2211-11

Accountant is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Prince1975
No. For engineers it should be 6 in all the four bands.

And for claiming 5 points for community language one has to sit for a NAATI translation exam or else she/he should study that language at the tetitiary level. (eg:- BA in Hindi or French etc.) In the case If one has studied some other subject but the medium of instruction is the community language, most of cases DIMIA won't accept.

Rgds,
Prince
Yes, I wanted to tell the same about engineers (6.0), teachers (7.0) etc. Possibly I have expressed that not so clear