IELTS remarks ???

Old Aug 3rd 2012, 12:03 pm
Just Joined

vanisayoto is an unknown quantity at this point
Post IELTS remarks ???

Hi,

I just got my IELTs scores today through online access, and now I feel like this . I have got L 8.0, R 8.0, W 6.5, S 8.0 and Overall 7.5 It was my first attemp, and I am actually supprised to get 7.5 overall. However, I do need 7 scores each for the nursing registration I am just not sure if I should apply for remark as I have nothing to compare with. The writing session that I did was not perfect. I did finish the letter nicely, but the essay was done just in time. Eventhough I had include the intro, body and conclusion, but the word count was very limited. I dont know if I would have any chance to upgrade the mark by 0.5. Any advice would be appreciated.

Also if I ever apply for a remark, should i just select only the writing task to be remarked or should i just select all? I am just thinking if I select all, there would be a greater chance that my score would change and I will get the cost refunded

Regards
Old Aug 8th 2012, 8:49 am
Forum Regular

shah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IELTS remarks ???

Originally Posted by vanisayoto
Hi,

I just got my IELTs scores today through online access, and now I feel like this . I have got L 8.0, R 8.0, W 6.5, S 8.0 and Overall 7.5 It was my first attemp, and I am actually supprised to get 7.5 overall. However, I do need 7 scores each for the nursing registration I am just not sure if I should apply for remark as I have nothing to compare with. The writing session that I did was not perfect. I did finish the letter nicely, but the essay was done just in time. Eventhough I had include the intro, body and conclusion, but the word count was very limited. I dont know if I would have any chance to upgrade the mark by 0.5. Any advice would be appreciated.

Also if I ever apply for a remark, should i just select only the writing task to be remarked or should i just select all? I am just thinking if I select all, there would be a greater chance that my score would change and I will get the cost refunded

Regards
hi there!! writing is always subjective and there are always chances of a raise...particularly 0.5 is at arms stretch....mine writing was also 6.5, i applied for a remark and was raised to 7.5 .... but i was confident that i would get my marks raised....the only thing is it would take 8 weeks and more than half the price of a new test....even if you get a 0.5 raise, your money will be refunded....you can go for all remark but there are less chances of remark for listening, reading and speaking...but give it a go, there is no harm in trying..All the best.
Old Aug 8th 2012, 11:08 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Regards
I would go for a re mark. Certainly no point in asking for all to be re marked. 8 is an excellent score for the others. They will be able to see what the other scores were and they 'could' lower the others in line with the written. Hghly unlikely but why risk it.
Old Aug 8th 2012, 1:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

peaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nice

Originally Posted by shah
hi there!! writing is always subjective and there are always chances of a raise...particularly 0.5 is at arms stretch....mine writing was also 6.5, i applied for a remark and was raised to 7.5 .... but i was confident that i would get my marks raised....the only thing is it would take 8 weeks and more than half the price of a new test....even if you get a 0.5 raise, your money will be refunded....you can go for all remark but there are less chances of remark for listening, reading and speaking...but give it a go, there is no harm in trying..All the best.
Why go for re-mark all? OP has 8 all except writing and the total requirement is 7. If i were you i would apply for remark on writing and hope for the best.

Cheers,
PB
Old Aug 9th 2012, 3:34 am
Forum Regular

ios_ghost is an unknown quantity at this point

So far i know,there is no rule to re-evaluate a specific module in IELTS. If someone applies then full part will be re-examined.

once i contacted with british council about this issue.And they informed me that info.

For writing most of the people scores bad. Beause there some specific ways .If you dont follow them it will be very hard to get scores. I performed a course lead by 03 IELTS examiner and got to know these.

If you go for a second attempt please take time and get preparation.

Best of luck.
Old Aug 13th 2012, 4:02 am
Forum Regular

mariner is a jewel in the roughmariner is a jewel in the roughmariner is a jewel in the roughmariner is a jewel in the roughmariner is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by ios_ghost
So far i know,there is no rule to re-evaluate a specific module in IELTS. If someone applies then full part will be re-examined.

once i contacted with british council about this issue.And they informed me that info.

For writing most of the people scores bad. Beause there some specific ways .If you dont follow them it will be very hard to get scores. I performed a course lead by 03 IELTS examiner and got to know these.

If you go for a second attempt please take time and get preparation.

Best of luck.
It is indeed possible to go in for re-evaluation of a specific Module. Please see this https://malaysia.ielts.britishcounci...rm_Apr2012.pdf. Generally Speaking and Writing have a probability for an increase. I would suggest that the OP go for Writing Module only, as all others are already 8s which is good enough.

Cheers!
Old Aug 24th 2012, 10:12 am
Forum Regular

mariner is a jewel in the roughmariner is a jewel in the roughmariner is a jewel in the roughmariner is a jewel in the roughmariner is a jewel in the rough

Got my re-evaluation results yesterday. Increased from 7.5 to 8 in Writing. Took about 11 weeks

Cheers!
Old Aug 24th 2012, 12:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

peaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nice

Originally Posted by mariner
Got my re-evaluation results yesterday. Increased from 7.5 to 8 in Writing. Took about 11 weeks

Cheers!
oh boy!!! that's great.. I presume that you are already having 8 for other modules which will earn you 20 points at the DIAC points test.

Cheers,
PB
Old Aug 24th 2012, 1:24 pm
Just Joined

vanisayoto is an unknown quantity at this point

That's good to hear, thanks for giving me a little bit of hope
I have applied for remark and am now waiting for the results. It has been 4weeks since then. And I just mentally calm myself with the possible worst case scenario which would be losing 170bucks and retake the test. I still believe it worth a go
Old Aug 28th 2012, 10:20 pm
Just Joined

Thandoeka is an unknown quantity at this point

That's good to hear, thanks for giving me a little bit of hope
I have applied for remark and am now waiting for the results. It has been 4weeks since then. And I just mentally calm myself with the possible worst case scenario which would be losing 170bucks and retake the test. I still believe it worth a go
I hope all goes well in time. I wanted to ask, which one do you take for the nursing registration? The General IELTS or the Academic?
Old Aug 28th 2012, 10:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond repute

Hope you hear good news soon x
Old Sep 1st 2012, 1:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Thandoeka
I hope all goes well in time. I wanted to ask, which one do you take for the nursing registration? The General IELTS or the Academic?
Its General for Nursing. Info. is given in the respective occupation site.
Old Sep 1st 2012, 9:41 pm
Just Joined

Thandoeka is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mariner
Its General for Nursing. Info. is given in the respective occupation site.
Thanks for the reply. Im looking into studying for the test.